Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
True, but I guarantee you the original script Ryan Coogler came up with is probably better than the one he had to rush so they could make the production deadline.
I think the original one still had Shuri as BP until the end when it’s handed back to T’Challa. I wouldn’t have had a problem with that since the exact same thing occurred in the comics.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Witht the news this morning that Harrison Ford is being cast as Thunderbolt Ross taking over for William Hurt who died a few months ago. It shows Marvel can recast when they want.

I always said when one of these white actors dies they will recast. I feel Feige knows he fukked up on not insisting on a break on BP2 whilst they realistically looked at all the options moving forward. And put emotions aside. Considering how important T'Challa is to the franchise.

I'm sorry to say the BP team kinda played themselves if this film is not up to par, I wonder what the excuses will be?

IS THIS A JOKE BREAUGH?

MARVEL NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
WITH RECASTING....

SEE ED NORTON/RUFFALO
TERRANCE HOWARD/CHEADLE

THEY DIDNT RECAST OUT
OF RESPECT TO THE LEGEND CHADWICK.

:mjlol:WHO TF IS THUNDERBOLT ROSS
TO NOT BE RECASTED?

:devil:
:evil:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Witht the news this morning that Harrison Ford is being cast as Thunderbolt Ross taking over for William Hurt who died a few months ago. It shows Marvel can recast when they want.

I always said when one of these white actors dies they will recast. I feel Feige knows he fukked up on not insisting on a break on BP2 whilst they realistically looked at all the options moving forward. And put emotions aside. Considering how important T'Challa is to the franchise.

I'm sorry to say the BP team kinda played themselves if this film is not up to par, I wonder what the excuses will be?

I think it shows they were always planning on phasing out T'Challa and never had serious long term plans for the character in the first place.

Chad's death just sped everything up earlier than schedule and made it easier :yeshrug:

Remember back in 2019/early 2020 it was rumored that Boseman was unhappy with Marvel about being replaced by Shurri.

You would think your lead actor passing and not recasting would cause a significant delay but BP2 was still going to make it's original release date that was set before Chad died even after he passed. That only changed when the Shurri actress got hurt on set. So they had to pause.

Marvel feel like they can't tell the story of Captain America 4 without the General Ross character, so recast, they feel like they could however tell the same story for BP2 even without T'Challa so didn't.

@Son_Of_God is probably right that the original script probably had Shurri as the main bp for half or most of the movie originally and T'Challa MIA for parts. If you look at this phase they've introduced/introducing female counter parts for the male Avengers. No reason why it wouldn't have been different here even if Chad was still alive :manny:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ross doesn't hold the same weight as T'Challa. He's not a popular character or the face of a franchise, but most importantly there is no director present with enough clout to influence the decision either like with Coogler.

I don't know why people think Fiege is the only person who made the decision not to recast. They went to Coogler, ask him for his input, and he decided he didn't want a recast and that was that.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think it shows they were always planning on phasing out T'Challa and never had serious long term plans for the character in the first place.

Chad's death just sped everything up earlier than schedule and made it easier :yeshrug:

Remember back in 2019/early 2020 it was rumored that Boseman was unhappy with Marvel about being replaced by Shurri.

You would think your lead actor passing and not recasting would cause a significant delay but BP2 was still going to make it's original release date that was set before Chad died even after he passed. That only changed when the Shurri actress got hurt on set. So they had to pause.

Marvel feel like they can't tell the story of Captain America 4 without the General Ross character, so recast, they feel like they could however tell the same story for BP2 even without T'Challa so didn't.

@Son_Of_God is probably right that the original script probably had Shurri as the main bp for half or most of the movie originally and T'Challa MIA for parts. If you look at this phase they've introduced/introducing female counter parts for the male Avengers. No reason why it wouldn't have been different here even if Chad was still alive :manny:

NOT TRUE.

TCHALLA WAS ABOUT
TO REPLACE IRONMAN AS
MARVELS GUY GOING FORWARD.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How is recasting disrespectful? if anything Chadwick would of wanted another young Black male actor to play T’Challa.

BREAUGH DID 1.3 BILLY.

YOU DONT RECAST HIM
IN THE VERY NEXT MOVIE AFTER HIS DEATH.

PRETTY CLASSLESS.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I watched that youtube video of the guys discussing the issue and it was pretty enlightening. Not recasting T'Challa in the aftermath of the loss of Chadwick is still probably the best idea but not recasting him at all is a terrible idea.

Because he's just as important as Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Clark Kent or Tony Stark. And with none of these guys would their loss mean that they're permanently gone and their sister, cousin, etc..takes over indefinitely.

But that's what they're doing and it makes zero sense.

Because they could easily get another version of T'Challa from the multiverse, get a time variant, or create a modified clone (Clearly Wakanda can accomplish that).

As for Coogler wanting to hand the role to Shuri even before Chadwick's passing it shows that he doesn't get the character, doesn't like him, and didn't fully respect the character either.

Because you honestly need someone like Snyder, who fought for his movie, Charlie Cox, who fought for Daredevil to be properly done, and Ryan Reynolds who fought for an R-rate Deadpool and got it. From Disney. Who want to make every Marvel film unrealistically child friendly and comedic.

As for T'Challa he's literally supposed to be the wealthiest guy on earth (via Vibranium), one of the smartest guys on earth (He has multiple degrees and he's up there with Reed Richards and Bruce Banner in intelligence), and one of the best fighters on earth similar to batman.

But that's not what was show in Black Panther with him losing a one on one fight to a regular dude which made no sense. Him being outsmarted by regular villains makes no sense, and him not being as smart as Shuri was unrealistic as well.

And funnily enough the Black Panther cartoon that aired on BET was a far better version of Black Panther. Which Coogler couldn't or wouldn't do.

Some of the things in the show that T'Challa deals with and handles are:

An invasion of Wakanda by the US
An African nation invades as well
Ulysses Klaw invades with his minions
Juggernaut(!) invades with them
The Black Knight invades
And Radioactive Man along with them

He then basically deals with all the threats at the same time in a sequential manner showing brilliant strategic thinking while Shuri and others support him saving Wakanda.

Now it's doubtful Coogler ever watched the show. And if he did he ignored it.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

NAH DONT DISRESPECT
THE BROTHER CHADWICK

Dawg

It’s not about Chadwick Boseman :what:

We all recognize he was a tremendous talent but it’s not about Chadwick it’s about BLACK PANTHER

Jesus why the fukk can’t people understand this?

He needs to be recast the movie wasn’t called CHADWICK BOSEMAN or CHADWICK BOSEMAN WAKANDA FOREVER it’s BLACK PANTHER.. There’s no character in the comics named Chadwick Boseman.

There’s mad young hungry black actors that can body this role..

Franklin from Snowfall would murder this shyt

Last edited: