humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Get off my ass, Narcisse nikka damn. You how dudes be with spoilers on here.
Basically T'Challa dies protecting his son, in an attack blamed on Atlantis. They destroy a huge part of the city, Shuri and others take some tech and leave. Namor chases them around the globe while Shuri and others try and get help. You find out Wakanda building Avengers bases around the world. She also creates new tech to help people connected to them and some of their outreach (a girl as smart as Shuri is one of these people in MIT). Lots of politics (they find out the nation of Latvia set up the attack to frame them, they travel there too), protecting Tchallas son and basically a few Panther suits worn by a few people. Also, the movie goes back and forth between Shuri and some guards and a story of other tribes fighting still back home against Namors close guards. It’s honestly kind of a weak story but we’ll see how good the action is. Shuri comes back with an army of high tech suits, big fights. Namor and his tribes leave. Ends with Tchalla’s kid being set up to take the mantle when he’s ready and Doom is revealed as the leader of the country that framed them
This was written in a thread over on resetera. Again, I dunno how true it is. Not a big fan of it.
lmao multiple black panthers called it

Daps
Don't care about Cinemascore. No effect on what is my opinion.

nah, Blade did better by it's title character. He was by far the star of the film and he was allowed to be a badass. Coogler wrote a pretty mid, passive T'Challa who was drowned out by more colorful, charismatic, and assertive personalities. When BP dropped, people kept talking about Killmonger, M'Baku, Okoye, and Shuri. Some even wanted them to lead the film. That shyt shouldn't happen if you had a strong ass central character. No one was saying Pepper should be Iron Man after his first solo LOL. No one was saying Captain America was the least interesting part of his films.

Coogler probably should have used Priest as a major consultant instead of his buddy Coates who has written probably weakest depiction of T'Challa to date. Coates also didn't get T'Challa when he started writing the comics. All this showed in the work.

And your opinion has no effect on the prevailing sentiment. They needed to hire someone else when it is one of the biggest movies ever just because you are a grown ass man who wants brutality in a family movie? Yeah, that is sensible. It is not a movie's responsibility to mitigate your insecurities no matter how much you internet "cinephiles" want them to be. And the fact that you used "mid" to describe something reveals that you have nothing worthwhile to say. Only dumb teenagers, or people with the mentality of a dumb teenager, use that

Last edited:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And your opinion has no effect on the prevailing sentiment. They needed to hire someone else when it is one of the biggest movies ever just because you are a grown ass man who wants brutality in a family movie? Yeah, that is sensible. It is not a movie's responsibility to mitigate your insecurities no matter how much you internet "cinephiles" want them to be. And the fact that you used "mid" to describe something reveals that you have nothing worthwhile to say. Only dumb teenagers, or people with the mentality of a dumb teenager, use that

Don't really care if you think what I say is of value or not. I'm just another guy posting my thoughts on an online forum, and my thoughts is that Coogler's depiction was weak. Don't care about prevailing sentiment(which has dwindled since release tbh), or grosses.etc You can call me all types of names if you want to, it's clearly deeper to you than it is to me :mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think that would work tho - the "new" Tchalla can be presented slightly different from Chadwicks, and create tension/conflict with our cast who don't know this version of him

he could come from a universe with the same events as ours except Wakanda got flooded by Namor (or another catastrophe) ... so while our universe lost Tchalla, in that universe Tchalla lost everyone else

it presents a cool duality for storytelling and how his experiences changes his approach

if they wanna bring Killmonger back, it could be cool to see how the new Tchalla may be more hardened than even our Killmonger, who might be softened after the events of BP1 and being bought back somehow

"new" Tchalla wouldn't even need to run Wakanda at first ... they could go the king of the dead route, or him just being the avatar of Bast; have Shuri or whoever run the country, and his arc could culminate with him "re-earning" his title as King and the confidence of the supporting cast who lost their version of Tchalla :manny:

edit: this could also address a lot of the complaints of Tchalla from the 1st film; the new variant could be distinguished from Chadwick's version, if he didn't have anyone to rely on for a while after he lost them, he would be more self-sufficient and wouldn't need Shuri to be his Q, and would be more prone to make harsher/militant decisions at first (tho they would prolly have to write him back to being more centered eventually)

also, if the heart shaped herb is truly all destroyed, he could just bring his own stash, which could explain why the OG cast have to accept him as BP because he is the only one that still has the herb, even if they didn't trust him or know him at first, or feel loyalty to their Tchalla, etc

The problem is he'd still be seen as an outsider, so Wakanda would never fukk with him. I think it takes too much from a storyline to say he's a variant, then go to explain it.

I always thought Namor was Asian or atleast at one point I recall seeing some Asian dudes basically pitch for the role.

Is this another is example of race changing and should we stand up for our Asian Brothers that are once against facing Hollywood injustice?:lupe:
interesting. I never saw Namor as Asian, but I did always see him as a Pacific Islander.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I always thought Namor was Asian or atleast at one point I recall seeing some Asian dudes basically pitch for the role.

Asians and Native Americans are the same people breh (with a few changes)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nope.

the gap betweem them is smaller and they have the same mix of archaic humans.

this is the coli but ...

neanderthals and denisovans.

all subjective when it comes to drawing lines. At the end of the day these folks are humans and the cultures created during their time in a land is what matters. So either we all humans that came outta Africa or we aren't.

Folks being apart from each other in the span of 100-200 years is enough time to become a new group culturally. Genetically these folks dont even get categorized together in DNA test which kills your argument. The argument in itself is usually someone from the latter group trying to take credit for the other group

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
the supposed plot of the movie is starting to leak online and so far it sounds like straight ass. :francis:
this movie is going to be ass, dudes just got they black power googles on and dont want to admit. This current Marvel Run as been mid as hell
people have to realize this was going to just be a straight sequel it wasn't supposed to be a grandiose thing.
Ryan had to quickly change the script after his passing but only had so much time.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
people have to realize this was going to just be a straight sequel it wasn't supposed to be a grandiose thing.
Ryan had to quickly change the script after his passing but only had so much time.

All things considered, this is still going to be ass. The first one was mid ass hell (this is a convo folks aint ready for and I dont care about the stats).

I rock with Coogler but I dont think these type of films are his thing.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The problem is he'd still be seen as an outsider, so Wakanda would never fukk with him. I think it takes too much from a storyline to say he's a variant, then go to explain it.

interesting. I never saw Namor as Asian, but I did always see him as a Pacific Islander.

Asians and Native Americans are the same people breh (with a few changes)

using this logic they all African.

see how that works

nope.

the gap betweem them is smaller and they have the same mix of archaic humans.

this is the coli but ...

neanderthals and denisovans.

all subjective when it comes to drawing lines. At the end of the day these folks are humans and the cultures created during their time in a land is what matters. So either we all humans that came outta Africa or we aren't.

Folks being apart from each other in the span of 100-200 years is enough time to become a new group culturally. Genetically these folks dont even get categorized together in DNA test which kills your argument. The argument in itself is usually someone from the latter group trying to take credit for the other group

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Asians and Native Americans split between 16000 and 25000 years ago. That is not very long ago.

Depending on how you look at it brehdom and gringos split several hundred thousands to millions of years ago, with more recent interbreeding around 80K to 200K years ago.

Generally speaking (there are some group exceptions).

That short distance between Asians and Native Americans is why they still look alike in particular sharing skin shades, shovel teeth Shovel-shaped incisors - Wikipedia , Epicanthic Eye folds Epicanthic fold - Wikipedia and more.

Yep "same 'goofy' teeth", "same 'squnity' eyes".

all subjective when it comes to drawing lines.

genetic distance is NOT subjective.

At the end of the day these folks are humans and the cultures created during their time in a land is what matters. So either we all humans that came outta Africa or we aren't.

Don't think you understand DNA tests.

"Africans" don't all get grouped together either.

Ethnicities or Ethno-majority/origin locations do.

-

"According to an autosomal genetic study from 2012,[24] Native Americans descend from at least three main migrant waves from East Asia. "

"An indigenous American sample from 16,000BC in Idaho, which is craniometrically similar to modern Native Americans as well as Paleosiberias, was found to have been largely East-Eurasian genetically, and showed high affinity with contemporary East Asians, as well as Jōmon period samples of Japan, confirming that Ancestral Native Americans split from an East-Eurasian source population somewhere in eastern Siberia"

And yeah I am not including the gringo influenced populations of the last hundred years.