Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What do you think? How would that strike you?
Me and a couple others been saying it since Chadwick died. Lupita is a better actress than any available Black male actor who could be recast as T'Challa.

her having the temporary throne would make more sense than the way they've made Shuri's character in the MCU

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I said Nakia is the best choice. That would be better. Bigger actress her role in the first film lends more to being BP than Shuri's did. It makes more sense tell me how that would be more complicated?

Nakia’s not a member of the royal family. The heart shaped herb would kill her if she consumed it.

Then again they offered it to M’Baku and he’s not of the royal family either so they probably bushed that part of the lore from the comics

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nakia’s not a member of the royal family. The heart shaped herb would kill her if she consumed it.

Then again they offered it to M’Baku and he’s not of the royal family either so they probably bushed that part of the lore from the comics
Yeah, they would have to bush that.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

They did. Remember Ramonda offered it to her as well and she said no because she doesnt have an army.

Daps
They legitimately set up a fukking multiverse there's no reason a T'Challa variant can't pop up now except because they don't want to :mjlol:Tv and films have shown MULTIPLE same characters :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

yeah its literally the best timing in terms of the timeline of the MCU right now (w/ the multiverse collapsing)

i'm still holding out hope that BP2 will be a tribute to Chadwick's Tchalla, and in the end credit scene or sequel we will get a new Tchalla

with that said, i'm in the camp of Shuri over Mbaku for the new BP in this film(if it has to be one or the other)

Daps
However, even a variant is problematic as well though. That T'Challa isnt just gonna step in and run Wakanda. They dont know him, lol. So it would sort of limit him to a more supporting character. Best bet is if they really want to tell solo stories in different universes.

I think that would work tho - the "new" Tchalla can be presented slightly different from Chadwicks, and create tension/conflict with our cast who don't know this version of him

he could come from a universe with the same events as ours except Wakanda got flooded by Namor (or another catastrophe) ... so while our universe lost Tchalla, in that universe Tchalla lost everyone else

it presents a cool duality for storytelling and how his experiences changes his approach

if they wanna bring Killmonger back, it could be cool to see how the new Tchalla may be more hardened than even our Killmonger, who might be softened after the events of BP1 and being bought back somehow

"new" Tchalla wouldn't even need to run Wakanda at first ... they could go the king of the dead route, or him just being the avatar of Bast; have Shuri or whoever run the country, and his arc could culminate with him "re-earning" his title as King and the confidence of the supporting cast who lost their version of Tchalla :manny:

edit: this could also address a lot of the complaints of Tchalla from the 1st film; the new variant could be distinguished from Chadwick's version, if he didn't have anyone to rely on for a while after he lost them, he would be more self-sufficient and wouldn't need Shuri to be his Q, and would be more prone to make harsher/militant decisions at first (tho they would prolly have to write him back to being more centered eventually)

also, if the heart shaped herb is truly all destroyed, he could just bring his own stash, which could explain why the OG cast have to accept him as BP because he is the only one that still has the herb, even if they didn't trust him or know him at first, or feel loyalty to their Tchalla, etc

Last edited:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently the plot has been out in wild for a bit now. It's :patrice:

I hope it's fake or it plays out better on screen than on paper.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I think that would work tho - the "new" Tchalla can be presented slightly different from Chadwicks, and create tension/conflict with our cast who don't know this version of him

he could come from a universe with the same events as ours except Wakanda got flooded by Namor (or another catastrophe) ... so while our universe lost Tchalla, in that universe Tchalla lost everyone else

it presents a cool duality for storytelling and how his experiences changes his approach

if they wanna bring Killmonger back, it could be cool to see how the new Tchalla may be more hardened than even our Killmonger, who might be softened after the events of BP1 and being bought back somehow

"new" Tchalla wouldn't even need to run Wakanda at first ... they could go the king of the dead route, or him just being the avatar of Bast; have Shuri or whoever run the country, and his arc could culminate with him "re-earning" his title as King and the confidence of the supporting cast who lost their version of Tchalla :manny:

edit: this could also address a lot of the complaints of Tchalla from the 1st film; the new variant could be distinguished from Chadwick's version, if he didn't have anyone to rely on for a while after he lost them, he would be more self-sufficient and wouldn't need Shuri to be his Q, and would be more prone to make harsher/militant decisions at first (tho they would prolly have to write him back to being more centered eventually)

also, if the heart shaped herb is truly all destroyed, he could just bring his own stash, which could explain why the OG cast have to accept him as BP because he is the only one that still has the herb, even if they didn't trust him or know him at first, or feel loyalty to their Tchalla, etc
This is very well thought-out and I'd love to see something like that on screen.

How would you show our universe losing our T'Challa without it being corny though?

Daps
How would you show our universe losing our T'Challa without it being corny though?

thats the tricky part, i don't know what would be the most appropriate/respectful, but it seems like they are gonna do it in this movie regardless (BP2)

still not sure what would be better - an off screen explanation (starting the movie with a tribute) or if they actually show it via existing footage/CGI

for better or worse i'm very curious to see how that handle this, i hope they don't fumble it tho

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What do you think? How would that strike you?
Me and a couple others been saying it since Chadwick died. Lupita is a better actress than any available Black male actor who could be recast as T'Challa.
I've been saying this to my friends since it happened
she def is

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
link that shyt nikka
Nikka you gonna spill the beans or not :stopitslime:

Only wild thing I heard is their is a potential "kid" out there for T'Challa

Get off my ass, Narcisse nikka damn. You how dudes be with spoilers on here.
Basically T'Challa dies protecting his son, in an attack blamed on Atlantis. They destroy a huge part of the city, Shuri and others take some tech and leave. Namor chases them around the globe while Shuri and others try and get help. You find out Wakanda building Avengers bases around the world. She also creates new tech to help people connected to them and some of their outreach (a girl as smart as Shuri is one of these people in MIT). Lots of politics (they find out the nation of Latvia set up the attack to frame them, they travel there too), protecting Tchallas son and basically a few Panther suits worn by a few people. Also, the movie goes back and forth between Shuri and some guards and a story of other tribes fighting still back home against Namors close guards. It’s honestly kind of a weak story but we’ll see how good the action is. Shuri comes back with an army of high tech suits, big fights. Namor and his tribes leave. Ends with Tchalla’s kid being set up to take the mantle when he’s ready and Doom is revealed as the leader of the country that framed them
This was written in a thread over on resetera. Again, I dunno how true it is. Not a big fan of it.