Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Shuri? :comeon:

And she's supposed to win a trial by combat vs them big ass nikkas how....? :comeon:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Don't care about Cinemascore. No effect on what is my opinion.

nah, Blade did better by it's title character. He was by far the star of the film and he was allowed to be a badass. Coogler wrote a pretty mid, passive T'Challa who was drowned out by more colorful, charismatic, and assertive personalities. When BP dropped, people kept talking about Killmonger, M'Baku, Okoye, and Shuri. Some even wanted them to lead the film. That shyt shouldn't happen if you had a strong ass central character. No one was saying Pepper should be Iron Man after his first solo LOL. No one was saying Captain America was the least interesting part of his films.

Coogler probably should have used Priest as a major consultant instead of his buddy Coates who has written probably weakest depiction of T'Challa to date. Coates also didn't get T'Challa when he started writing the comics. All this showed in the work.

Exactly.

They'll give you a million and one reasons why T'Challa SHOULDN'T or COULDN'T have been presented as the most dominant person intellectually, economically and physically and cite "the supporting cast"

While having no problem with the likes of Chris Pratt being the only one in a Jurassic Park movie able to understand and take down 20ft carnivorous Dinosaurs on his own because he's exceptional or Tom Cruise being depicted as the only fighter pilot able to pull off certain mission because he's "one of a kind" in Top Gun :unimpressed:

Daps
Black Panther 1 was great but the critique of Tchalla taking a backseat to shine the light on the supporting cast (Dora Milajae, Shuri, Nakia, Mbaku, KIllmonger) and Wakanda itself is a very valid one, tho i think the sequel was always meant to be a Tchalla centric story (hence the Namor inclusion and possibly
Doom
), especially since he had a dope intro in civil war

which makes the direction they go now more crucial, especially if they close the door on a recast/variant from the multiverse etc

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The new BP has not been confirmed as Shuri. People are running with a rumor like it's fact to shyt on the movie before it comes out.
I think you're being naive to think it wont eventually be Shuri. Anything else makes things even more complicated. Different people probably try to take a crack at it and "3rd act Shuri realizes it must be her"
They legitimately set up a fukking multiverse there's no reason a T'Challa variant can't pop up now except because they don't want to :mjlol:Tv and films have shown MULTIPLE same characters :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Yea I dont think removing a T'Challa from every universe honors Boseman.

However, even a variant is problematic as well though. That T'Challa isnt just gonna step in and run Wakanda. They dont know him, lol. So it would sort of limit him to a more supporting character. Best bet is if they really want to tell solo stories in different universes.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Idk how to feel about that Namor news :francis:we'll see how this plays out but idk

Mexicans being thrown into a Black Franchise on some "all lives matter" shyt :mjlol:

I’m guessing they made him and the Atlantean‘s Mayan/Aztec so they can avoid people comparing him to Aquaman. :heh:

I don’t see the issue with the Namor news at all. More minorities instead of yet ANOTHER white hero is a good thing. Hell its probably the only bright spot thats come out of this mess of a production since they foolishly decided not to recast T’Challa
I always thought Namor was Asian or atleast at one point I recall seeing some Asian dudes basically pitch for the role.

Is this another is example of race changing and should we stand up for our Asian Brothers that are once against facing Hollywood injustice?:lupe:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Man we just need to see a trailer before we panic
Yeah he’s usually seen as Asian by a lot of people and could easily be swapped with an Asian actor
the problem is that marvel feels they have that quota with shang chi and Wong
there’s really no latino representation yet except for America Chavez so by making namor Mayan or aztec they get that market :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah he’s usually seen as Asian by a lot of people and could easily be swapped with an Asian actor
the problem is that marvel feels they have that quota with shang chi and Wong
there’s really no latino representation yet except for America Chavez so by making namor Mayan or aztec they get that market :yeshrug:

We should help him the Asian community and protest this

Stop Asian Hate :damn:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think you're being naive to think it wont eventually be Shuri. Anything else makes things even more complicated. Different people probably try to take a crack at it and "3rd act Shuri realizes it must be her"

Yea I dont think removing a T'Challa from every universe honors Boseman.

However, even a variant is problematic as well though. That T'Challa isnt just gonna step in and run Wakanda. They dont know him, lol. So it would sort of limit him to a more supporting character. Best bet is if they really want to tell solo stories in different universes.
I said Nakia is the best choice. That would be better. Bigger actress her role in the first film lends more to being BP than Shuri's did. It makes more sense tell me how that would be more complicated?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I said Nakia is the best choice. That would be better. Bigger actress her role in the first film lends more to being BP than Shuri's did. It makes more sense tell me how that would be more complicated?

:patrice: I think you just dropped the swerve and ain't e'en know it. :ohhh: