AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It won’t be billion dollar for long if it’s black panther without black panther…

After this flops the suits upstairs will probably force a recast.
Sounds like a rock and a hard place to me. Delay it indefinitely or push forward with what the creatives suggested. They went with the latter which is completely understandable. To most at least.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry but Shuri is a sidekick. Nobody but some weirdos want to see a black panther movie without the real hero lol
Suri the comic book character would be interesting to see. Suri the movie character doesn't have the stature and isn't that interesting. Mainly because of how they wrote her but also because of the actress playing her.

Daps
Entertainment is the best propaganda because people's defenses are down. So it's one of the most effective ways to get across a certain point of view.

And I understand the other poster. Because T'Challa should have basically been like Batman, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards all in one but unless you have someone to push that idea it won't happen. And it didn't. Because Coogler didn't want to.

So basically in BP the public was given a weak version of a Black James Bond and Shuri was his Q building the gadgets.

Now granted it was the first Black male superhero on the big screen in a big budget movie who wasn't someone's sidekick but it definitely could have been done better.
It is hilarious how propaganda is always trivial entertainment that you do not like and not the erroneous "news" that y'all always post. Nevertheless, it the revisionist history is always a trip. If you glance at the Black Panther thread around August 2020, and the thread was inundated with people saying that they better not recast Black Panther because it will be a slap in the face. That was the overwhelming sentiment there, on Twitter and amongst those dumb ass culture writers that publications hire. Y'all continuously yapped about whatever happening in comics, as if the people watching are even aware of the comics or what happens. I am one of the few who originally stated that not recasting is pretty dumb for two reasons:

1. They have numerous people play white superheroes, so why can't they give Black actors the chance to play such a big role?
2. If superheroes are supposed to be escapism, why have reality affect a fictional universe?

I guess someone told y'all to support the recast now since y'all have no original thoughts. If it is a conspiracy to take down a popular, positive Black fictional character, y'all are the ones who spearheaded that because y'all used to be the ones most vehemently against recasting the role

Coogler said he didn't understand T'Challa at first. That was basically a red flag lol. Killmonger got the more interesting material because Coogler made him a character he could relate to (even born in Oakland) which made him more invested.

He turned T'Challa into a superhero Nelson Mandela which actually made the character less interesting to watch. It also really felt like everyone else was carrying and steering the film while the title character was just a long for the ride. It's wild how Blade remains the best Black hero comic book film because they allowed the character to command the screen and just be the biggest badass in the film.
Lol, the Black Panther that has a rare A+ on Cinema Score and happens to be one of the highest-grossing projects in history. I must be on Reddit because you are sounding like a white neckbeard

In addition, a jive talking ass whooping Black guy is not a more original image than an elegant diplomat who handles conflict with diplomacy and wit, not just ass whooping

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I hope I don’t sound like a sexist but I have a hard time taking Shuri serious as a lead character. She is a goofy side character at most and plus she isn’t even a fierce warrior like her comic book version. She relies too much on her gadgets and she weighs like 95 pounds. No way is she beating Namor by herself. :mjlol:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I hope I don’t sound like a sexist but I have a hard time taking Shuri serious as a lead character. She is a goofy side character at most and plus she isn’t even a fierce warrior like her comic book version. She relies too much on her gadgets and she weighs like 95 pounds. No way is she beating Namor by herself. :mjlol:
Thats why she has to do the trials. They must show that. That was her defining moment. Bast had no choice but to accept her. And Bast hates Shuri lol.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
For Storm - Kiki Layne

she's already RiRi (iron heart)
UKVu0t8.gif

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol, the Black Panther that has a rare A+ on Cinema Score and happens to be one of the highest-grossing projects in history. I must be on Reddit because you are sounding like a white neckbeard

In addition, a jive talking ass whooping Black guy is not a more original image than an elegant diplomat who handles conflict with diplomacy and wit, not just ass whooping
Don't care about Cinemascore. No effect on what is my opinion.

nah, Blade did better by it's title character. He was by far the star of the film and he was allowed to be a badass. Coogler wrote a pretty mid, passive T'Challa who was drowned out by more colorful, charismatic, and assertive personalities. When BP dropped, people kept talking about Killmonger, M'Baku, Okoye, and Shuri. Some even wanted them to lead the film. That shyt shouldn't happen if you had a strong ass central character. No one was saying Pepper should be Iron Man after his first solo LOL. No one was saying Captain America was the least interesting part of his films.

Coogler probably should have used Priest as a major consultant instead of his buddy Coates who has written probably weakest depiction of T'Challa to date. Coates also didn't get T'Challa when he started writing the comics. All this showed in the work.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

nah, Blade did better by it's title character. He was by far the star of the film and he was allowed to be a badass. Coogler wrote a pretty mid, passive T'Challa who was drowned out by more colorful, charismatic, and assertive personalities. When BP dropped, people kept talking about Killmonger, M'Baku, Okoye, and Shuri. Some even wanted them to lead the film. That shyt shouldn't happen if you had a strong ass central character. No one was saying Pepper should be Iron Man after his first solo LOL. No one was saying Captain America was the least interesting part of his films.

Coogler probably should have used Priest as a major consultant instead of his buddy Coates who has written probably weakest depiction of T'Challa to date. Coates also didn't get T'Challa when he started writing the comics. All this showed in the work.
It can be argued that he should have made T'Challa better. However, the cast was peak comicbook film history. Its been YEARS since a comic book film had a supporting cast that strong in a solo film.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Coates also was a shytty creative writer. you coud tell he was someone that squelched all imagination as a youth. Ironically, his realism style somewhat worked for his Cap.