Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Who would be your preference as far as playing T'Challa in a recasted role?
Also, who would be a good Storm?

don't want no light bright for Storm (would be kinda dope if she was already on the Dora Milaje already :scheme: )

Recasted T'Challa - JD Washington, Aldis Hodge, Boyega (he could do it), Y'Lan Noel, Kofi Siriboe

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
don't want no light bright for Storm (would be kinda dope if she was already on the Dora Milaje already :scheme: )

Recasted T'Challa - JD Washington, Aldis Hodge, Boyega (he could do it), Y'Lan Noel, Kofi Siriboe
Out of your list I like aldis Hodge he has leveled up this last couple years. Don't like Washington or Boyega. Not familiar with the other 2.
I like Dewanda Wise for Storm myself.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Out of your list I like aldis Hodge he has leveled up this last couple years. Don't like Washington or Boyega. Not familiar with the other 2.
I like Dewanda Wise for Storm myself.

I like her as well. She's a little older and turned down Maria Rambeau apparently.

Woulda been great a few years ago if the X-men were in the MCU already.

Want a lil younger Storm at this point. Hopefully they do the same for the new T'Challa as well.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Not sure what the message is here. Dumb it down for me.

sorry about that.

i just meant that sequels can change names. disney/MCU themselves are doing it with The Marvels rather than Captain Marvel ...

Like brehette said here ..

Name the movie Wakanda Forever then and leave it at that. It's not BP2 to me with no T'Challa.

Your reply was ..

BP is a mantle handed down thru the generations so T'Challa is just your preference he's not necessary.

Disney could have changed the name. They have done so already..

"The Marvels is an upcoming American superhero film based on Marvel Comics featuring the characters Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel, and Monica Rambeau. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is intended to be the sequel to Captain Marvel (2019)"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
sorry about that.

i just meant that sequels can change names. disney/MCU themselves are doing it with The Marvels rather than Captain Marvel ...

Like brehette said here ..

Your reply was ..

Disney could have changed the name. They have done so already..

"The Marvels is an upcoming American superhero film based on Marvel Comics featuring the characters Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel, and Monica Rambeau. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is intended to be the sequel to Captain Marvel (2019)"
Gotcha. I would not be mad @ a name change but I also don't care it is called BP 2. Someone will wear the BP costume this movie, It just won't be T'Challa.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I bet it wil be agenda based. Probably gonna have lesbian scenes and alot more female empowerment. swirling etc.
i know my daughter and a lot of black women really connected to the first movie. Low key chadwick took a backseat to the dora in that film already. Wakanda bout to become the MCU version of wonder womans Themyscira island.
I'm not mad though, Blade, War Machine, and possibly Luke Cage still getting their own solo projects in the MCU. black women can have one for once instead of being side characters

The first movie was Disney Okie Doke and really a black feminist movie.

Then they neutered T’Challa and him doing some of the dumbest shyt I’ve seen a character do in a motion picture.

:mjlol:@ him giving an operative of White America’s Central Intelligence Agency a Disneyland tour guide of his country which is the most advanced technological country in the word. I completely checked out of the movie at that point :mjlol:

It’s a damn shame Wesley never got to do his version. You would have got an uncompromising T’Challa depicted as the most intellectual, physical and and most powerful man in the room akin to the source material.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The first movie was Disney Okie Doke and really a black feminist movie.

Then they neutered T’Challa and him doing some of the dumbest shyt I’ve seen a character do in a motion picture.

:mjlol:@ him giving an operative of White America’s Central Intelligence Agency a Disneyland tour guide of his country which is the most advanced technological country in the word. I completely checked out of the movie at that point :mjlol:

It’s a damn shame Wesley never got to do his version. You would have got an uncompromising T’Challa depicted as the most intellectual, physical and and most powerful man in the room akin to the source material.

Not sure that I agree with all of that BUT IMO they did not expect BP to blow up like that so just make the film for "diversity's" sake rather than for it to introduce a tentpole character in the MCU. BP was disconnected in many ways from the MCU.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
OK, but they also may never arrive at "recasting T'Challa" in a practical time frame. Then what? Kill a billion dollar franchise? Again not practical.
It won’t be billion dollar for long if it’s black panther without black panther…

After this flops the suits upstairs will probably force a recast.