null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
This might be a unpopular opinion but I really wish the Russos Brothers directed Black Panther instead of Coogler because I think they would of done a far better job with the character. Civil War and even Infinity War T’Challa felt more like the comic book version. a strong, competent smart and fearless leader who always put Wakanda first before anything else.

iu

anigif_sub-buzz-9976-1525203712-1.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
With all this multiversal stuff. Theres no need to recast. Chadwick's t'challa can continue to be canon while are alternate one can be pulled from a different timeline or something. The people complaining about not recasting just lack creativity. Thats why Patrick Stewarts Professor Xavier and Tobey's Spiderman technically exists as part of the MCU now. Disney not recasting shyt anymore. Chadwicks black panther will always be Chadwicks black panther.
They might bring in a new T'challa at some point, same way Tom Holland is a new spiderman. But they not erasing Chadwick like ya'll want them to, because there is no reason to.
they already did it with Rhodey. It can be done.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
they already did it with Rhodey. It can be done.
and they starting locking in people to long term deals since then to prevent that from happening again. Ya'll realize you're asking the MCU to be more like the DCEU right? Thats what recasting after every film looks like. Nobody wants that. Chadwick appear in like 5 or 6 MCU films/shows. I rather they just kill him off and focus on other characters like Luke Cage, than bring in John Boyega or somebody to a worse job as black panther going forward.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
^^^^THIS

Again this was early them nikkas in the writing room oandering to lil black girls and black women. The comic book version of Shuri is actually what black women should want as a hero. After she saved Wakanda while Tchalla was in suspended animation she started to see things through his eyes and understand why he acted how he acted.

Thus Shuri then basically became a Wakanda nationalist. She would rather the world end then to see Wakanda destroyed or enslaved and raped.

Her final convo with Tchalla with the King's Blade was some great writing and I honestly felt bad for her. Her goddess Bast betrayed her and Tchalla her last direct kim was lying and being sneaky to her because THEIR deity told him to. We really are gonna miss out on a very strong black superheroine.

MCU had no business bringing RiRi or whatever her name is on board. We dont need any more Stark types. That was Wakandas job. And guess what they did?

They nerfed the most technological nation in fictional world history to prop up 1single man to look almighty. Thats why Tchalla was never gonna be written with Stark in scenes, cause MCU and Disney aint fenna make Wakanda on GODMODE.

I want this film to fail, because to this day I still gotta point out they made a black masculine African King, atheist, avg intelligence, and had him crying in front of his ancestors and past Kings.

We cant have shyt

well damn. :leon:

:ehh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The show has to go on sometime and again, I don't think this is what he would have wanted.
Let's wait until the creative tasked with making the sequel are ready to do so. Again where is the understanding and compassion? Niqqaz can't get a mulligan for the sequel? Didn't know grown men needed a role model this fukkin' bad.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Let's wait until the creative tasked with making the sequel are ready to do so. Again where is the understanding and compassion? Niqqaz can't get a mulligan for the sequel? Didn't know grown men needed a role model this fukkin' bad.

Aint' got shyt to do with that.

The movie is Black Panther.

This is Black Panther 2: My Homies

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Aint' got shyt to do with that.

The movie is Black Panther.

This is Black Panther 2: My Homies
This is just not practical. The cast and director let everyone know their preference. And your answer is what? Fukk them? Anyone holding up the recast should be threatened and if they don't comply and then fired? That's Marvel asking for a lot of bad press.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
and they starting locking in people to long term deals since then to prevent that from happening again. Ya'll realize you're asking the MCU to be more like the DCEU right? Thats what recasting after every film looks like. Nobody wants that. Chadwick appear in like 5 or 6 MCU films/shows. I rather they just kill him off and focus on other characters like Luke Cage, than bring in John Boyega or somebody to a worse job as black panther going forward.
They still recast several roles since then. And other franchises have done it as well. DC just makes movies unrelated to one another, much like their comics. They just keep churning out movies, regardless of what happened prior.

As long as people know it's a sequel, no one will think twice of the reason he looked different in the context of the movie. And if they do, you've already lost them.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is just not practical. The cast and director let everyone know their preference. And your answer is what? Fukk them? Anyone holding up the recast should be threatened and if they don't comply and then fired? That's Marvel asking for a lot of bad press.

then delay the movie until people are ready. have the characters show up in other MCU projects like they did Ayo in CAATWS in the meantime.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
then delay the movie until people are ready. have the characters show up in other MCU projects like they did Ayo in CAATWS in the meantime.
OK, but they also may never arrive at "recasting T'Challa" in a practical time frame. Then what? Kill a billion dollar franchise? Again not practical.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
OK, but they also may never arrive at "recasting T'Challa" in a practical time frame. Then what? Kill a billion dollar franchise? Again not practical.

So, recast instead of killing it. Keep everyone else. And if they don't want do to it then recast them as well. All of them won't bounce.

I woulda just pulled T'Challa from another dimension for the recast at worst in some storyline, or flat out replace. People will get over it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So, recast instead of killing it. Keep everyone else. And if they don't want do to it then recast them as well. All of them won't bounce.

I woulda just pulled T'Challa from another dimension for the recast at worst in some storyline, or flat out replace. People will get over it.
Hmm . . . do you think you and others will ever get over him not being recast? It's hilarious because we haven't even seen the movie yet. If it's a good movie that has a good tribute to T'Challa/Boseman will you be OK with that or still be salty he wasn't recast?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hmm . . . do you think you and others will ever get over him not being recast? It's hilarious because we haven't even seen the movie yet. If it's a good movie that has a good tribute to T'Challa/Boseman will you be OK with that or still be salty he wasn't recast?

The character is more important than the actor. I want to see Black Panther, not the Black Panther family with no T'Challa.