20210902-175255.jpg

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Now ya’ll going too far.

BP1 was an excellent movie

You joking right? When they showed Wakanda they only showed the city frim above and the market area. The fukking budget was wasted and not fleshed out. Thats why you didnt get a lot of Tchalla tech...Im sorry Shuri tech. They didnt wanna make Tony Stark look bad. Plus Tchalla in the comics wouldnt give a damn about no "Little Boy" and crying to his dad? Cmon man. The entire movie didnt make any sense and became a diasora war. Which what wasnt pose to be, but when you got blacks who dont know shyt about comics....they gon force agendas....

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
They basically said nikkas dumb. I told everybody these movies are dumbed down. Idk why hollywood decides to change or add to source material. Smh.
My Dad was arguing with my uncle's about people's lack of knowledge of Atlantis and where it came from and I automatically thought about this movie. I can almost guarantee you if Marvel went the Atlantis route blacks would make talking points and think pieces about it for weeks so I guess them going the Aztec/Mayan culture appeals to the modern casual comic book fan and blacks too

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Anyone know how obtaining early (Advanced) screening passes for movies like this?

Daps
^^^^THIS

Again this was early them nikkas in the writing room oandering to lil black girls and black women. The comic book version of Shuri is actually what black women should want as a hero. After she saved Wakanda while Tchalla was in suspended animation she started to see things through his eyes and understand why he acted how he acted.

Thus Shuri then basically became a Wakanda nationalist. She would rather the world end then to see Wakanda destroyed or enslaved and raped.

Her final convo with Tchalla with the King's Blade was some great writing and I honestly felt bad for her. Her goddess Bast betrayed her and Tchalla her last direct kim was lying and being sneaky to her because THEIR deity told him to. We really are gonna miss out on a very strong black superheroine.

MCU had no business bringing RiRi or whatever her name is on board. We dont need any more Stark types. That was Wakandas job. And guess what they did?

They nerfed the most technological nation in fictional world history to prop up 1single man to look almighty. Thats why Tchalla was never gonna be written with Stark in scenes, cause MCU and Disney aint fenna make Wakanda on GODMODE.

I want this film to fail, because to this day I still gotta point out they made a black masculine African King, atheist, avg intelligence, and had him crying in front of his ancestors and past Kings.

We cant have shyt

Dude, it is a piece of entertainment for kids, and you are grown. There is no reason why you need to be having temper tantrums

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Dude, it is a piece of entertainment for kids, and you are grown. There is no reason why you need to be having temper tantrums
Entertainment is the best propaganda because people's defenses are down. So it's one of the most effective ways to get across a certain point of view.

And I understand the other poster. Because T'Challa should have basically been like Batman, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards all in one but unless you have someone to push that idea it won't happen. And it didn't. Because Coogler didn't want to.

So basically in BP the public was given a weak version of a Black James Bond and Shuri was his Q building the gadgets.

Now granted it was the first Black male superhero on the big screen in a big budget movie who wasn't someone's sidekick but it definitely could have been done better.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Entertainment is the best propaganda because people's defenses are down. So it's one of the most effective ways to get across a certain point of view.

And I understand the other poster. Because T'Challa should have basically been like Batman, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards all in one but unless you have someone to push that idea it won't happen. And it didn't. Because Coogler didn't want to.

So basically in BP the public was given a weak version of a Black James Bond and Shuri was his Q building the gadgets.

Now granted it was the first Black male superhero on the big screen in a big budget movie who wasn't someone's sidekick but it definitely could have been done better.

Coogler said he didn't understand T'Challa at first. That was basically a red flag lol. Killmonger got the more interesting material because Coogler made him a character he could relate to (even born in Oakland) which made him more invested.

He turned T'Challa into a superhero Nelson Mandela which actually made the character less interesting to watch. It also really felt like everyone else was carrying and steering the film while the title character was just a long for the ride. It's wild how Blade remains the best Black hero comic book film because they allowed the character to command the screen and just be the biggest badass in the film.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Coogler said he didn't understand T'Challa at first. That was basically a red flag lol. Killmonger got the more interesting material because Coogler made him a character he could relate to (even born in Oakland) which made him more invested.

He turned T'Challa into a superhero Nelson Mandela which actually made the character less interesting to watch. It also really felt like everyone else was carrying and steering the film while the title character was just a long for the ride. It's wild how Blade remains the best Black hero comic book film because they allowed the character to command the screen and just be the biggest badass in the film.

This might be a unpopular opinion but I really wish the Russos Brothers directed Black Panther instead of Coogler because I think they would of done a far better job with the character. Civil War and even Infinity War T’Challa felt more like the comic book version. a strong, competent smart and fearless leader who always put Wakanda first before anything else.