Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
If Chadwick's family would have wanted the opposite (BP not being recast) would you still want him recast?

I think the importance of the most prominent, and first, black superhero along with his brother saying that Chadwick understood the character was bigger than him (we can't get his opinion on the matter, but all indications seem to be he would have supported it), and the loss of the character in future Marvel stories are the most important factors - so yes. That they support it just further solidifies it.

I say this with respect and grace to the family -they don't own T'Challa. With equal respect and grace to the cast and director who suffered the loss of a friend, and colleague, they don't own T'Challa either. I could argue that not recasting him goes more against what he would have wanted.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think the importance of the most prominent, and first, black superhero along with his brother saying that Chadwick understood the character was bigger than him (we can't get his opinion on the matter, but all indications seem to be he would have supported it), and the loss of the character in future Marvel stories are the most important factors - so yes. That they support it just further solidifies it.

I say this with respect and grace to the family -they don't own T'Challa. With equal respect and grace to the cast and director who suffered the loss of a friend, and colleague, they don't own T'Challa either. I could argue that not recasting him goes more against what he would have wanted.
Yeah, so just say you want him recast it really doesn't have anything to do with the family's wishes.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
give me one memorable quote or scene from each Batman

keaton
Kilmer
Clooney
Bale
Emo Boy

1). You wanna get nuts! C’mon! LETS GET NUTS!

2). Batman-“I see without seeing. To me, darkness is as clear as daylight. What am I?".

Riddler- “You’re as blind as a bat!

Batman-“Exactly!

3). Nothing

4). “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I can do those things, because I'm not a hero, not like Dent. I killed those people, that's what I can be.

5). “I’m Vengeance!

If Chadwick's family would have wanted the opposite (BP not being recast) would you still want him recast?

Yes. The Boseman’s didn’t create T’Challa and T’Challa as a character has meant something to BLACK fans all over the world before Chadwick was even born. T’Challa deserves to live on just like Batman, Superman, Iron Man, and any other Comic Book character irregardless of the current actor. T’Challa deserves to be immortal and having him die with Chadwick is in no way, shape or form honoring Chadwick its simply doing a disservice to the CHARACTER

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Yeah, so just say you want him recast it really doesn't have anything to do with the family's wishes.

Yeah so just say you haven't bothered to read anything I wrote, or lack reading comprehension. I said from the start that I feel the character is too important not to recast. The fact that his family also agrees (and have indicated that it's what Chadwick would have wanted), just further contributes to that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
1). You wanna get nuts! C’mon! LETS GET NUTS!

2). Batman-“I see without seeing. To me, darkness is as clear as daylight. What am I?".

Riddler- “You’re as blind as a bat!

Batman-“Exactly!

3). Nothing

4). “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I can do those things, because I'm not a hero, not like Dent. I killed those people, that's what I can be.

5). “I’m Vengeance!

Yes. The Boseman’s didn’t create T’Challa and T’Challa as a character has meant something to BLACK fans all over the world before Chadwick was even born. T’Challa deserves to live on just like Batman, Superman, Iron Man, and any other Comic Book character irregardless of the current actor. T’Challa deserves to be immortal and having him die with Chadwick is in no way, shape or form honoring Chadwick its simply doing a disservice to the CHARACTER
I don't think it is Forever and ever just this upcoming movie possibly trilogy.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah so just say you haven't bothered to read anything I wrote, or lack reading comprehension. I said from the start that I feel the character is too important not to recast. The fact that his family also agrees (and have indicated that it's what Chadwick would have wanted), just further contributes to that.
But it doesn't 'contributes to that' you just said you would want him recast regardless of their feelings.
If someone wanted to make a movie and wanted to included James Brown, Thurgood Marahall, or Jackie Robinson should Chadwick's family be consulted?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So glad they didn't recast.

goes against everything the MCU stands for. Continuity. If this was DC i would be fine with recasting, they seem to do that after every movie anyways. Reboot Recast. MCU has been on a 11 year run without doing that, If they change a character, i would need an in universe explanation. Like a variant or something. MCU so committed to this, they even unrecasted the various spiderman actors from sony and made them all canon. Of we eventually get a new T'challa it should be done that way. or not done at all. In fact, i'm still salty about Terrance Howard and Edward Norton. Just makes those movies stick out like non canon. but at least they were just in 1 movie. Chadwick was in like 5.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
In fact I'm so against recasting, i'd be happier if they CGI'd Chadwick's face on some Luke Skywalker in Mandalorian type shyt over bringing a new actor. But i understand that wouldn't go over well with audiences.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Played by >1 person

Howard Stark (3 people)
Fandral (2 people)
Red Skull (2 people)
Thanos (2 people)

People who played >1 MCU character

Gemma Chan - Sersi && Minn Erva
Mahershala Ali - Cottonmouth && Blade
Were any of them replaced due to tragic death? If not, it doesn't apply.