Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Ben Affleck is going to be in the Flash movie later this year, so is Michael Keaton both as Batman and they had a non-descript guy stand in for Batman for the Peacemaker TV Show so no Batman has't been recast they just got multiple versions running around. Nice try tho. lol
Oh your facts about Starring roles and sequels only applies to franchises and comic book movies now?! That's convenient. Way to move the goal posts my guy. :mjlol:

You clearly don't know the production of how the Batman went.

The Batman movie that just came out was originally meant to star Ben Affleck as Batman and be a DCEU movie. Ben Affleck couldn't commit so they initially decided to replace him with a younger actor (recast) however Matt Reeves said he wanted to do his own thing so the movie then became a reboot. How is that not a recast/reboot? :mjlol:

When did I say I wasn't talking about franchises in relation to the star of the movie? :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You clearly don't know the production of how the Batman went.

The Batman movie that just came out was originally meant to star Ben Affleck as Batman and be a DCEU movie. Ben Affleck couldn't commit so they initially decided to replace him with a younger actor (recast) however Matt Reeves said he wanted to do his own thing so the movie then became a reboot. How is that not a recast/reboot? :mjlol:

When did I say I wasn't talking about franchises in relation to the star of the movie? :mjlol:
While all that was going on Affleck went to rehab got better and agreed to do the Flash. It will be the same character as the one who interacted with the Flash in JL. How is that a recast/reboot? Batfleck lives!
You mentioned in your last post that Speed was never meant to be a franchise. Why mention that? Is it relevant? Or are you trying discredit the lack of a recast in the Speed sequel since it doesn't fit the narrative you are promoting?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

camron-killa.gif

She is the next BP.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Man, I wish they would have scrapped this and worked out a T'Challah variant to be added. Much respect to Chadwick, and I was as devastated as everyone else when he passed but Marvel made a rash decision not to recast. He's just such an important character and as a result, I'm just not excited about this. It may turn out to be a solid movie, but without T'Challah I feel there's a limit to how much I can enjoy it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Man, I wish they would have scrapped this and worked out a T'Challah variant to be added. Much respect to Chadwick, and I was as devastated as everyone else when he passed but Marvel made a rash decision not to recast. He's just such an important character and as a result, I'm just not excited about this. It may turn out to be a solid movie, but without T'Challah I feel there's a limit to how much I can enjoy it.

a variant? :mjlol:

that’s 100000x worse. One of the things that made the movie special was the chemistry. Family. The variant, wouldn’t be family. They didn’t live together or grow up together.

And before you say Gamora, it’s the same Gamora just a different timeline in a sense. And she still not related to Quill so he gonna try and smash regardless.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
a variant? :mjlol:

that’s 100000x worse. One of the things that made the movie special was the chemistry. Family. The variant, wouldn’t be family. They didn’t live together or grow up together.

And before you say Gamora, it’s the same Gamora just a different timeline in a sense. And she still not related to Quill so he gonna try and smash regardless.

It's obviously not an ideal choice, but in lieu of recasting the current earth's T'challah, what other option is there? I'm not getting the types that don't want more T'Challah. They've recast Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, etc. etc. Again, I feel T'challah is too important to Marvel lore to let die after one movie. If it had been his third movie, with Avengers level movie tie ins as well, I could accept it better. However, this was to be the beginning of his journey and it feels unfinished letting him go as is.

And I wasn't going to mention Gamora, as that's irrelevant to my feelings on the matter. The multiverse storyline has opened up numerous possibilities on how it could be done. Again, not ideal, but in the long run better overall for the future of Wakanda stories in the MCU imo.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
It's obviously not an ideal choice, but in lieu of recasting the current earth's T'challah, what other option is there? I'm not getting the types that don't want more T'Challah. They've recast Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, etc. etc. Again, I feel T'challah is too important to Marvel lore to let die after one movie. If it had been his third movie, with Avengers level movie tie ins as well, I could accept it better. However, this was to be the beginning of his journey and it feels unfinished letting him go as is.

And I wasn't going to mention Gamora, as that's irrelevant to my feelings on the matter. The multiverse storyline has opened up numerous possibilities on how it could be done. Again, not ideal, but in the long run better overall for the future of Wakanda stories in the MCU imo.

not the same type of recasting.

it would be like recasting Luke Skywalker in The Return Of The Jedi. Or Recasting Tony Stark in Iron Man 3. Not to mention, the Bruce Wayne character has always been meh to horrible when he’s not in the costume.

Once an actor creates a loyal following and becomes synonymous with a character, you ride it until the wheels fall off.

Nobody cares about Batman.

Coogler and the rest of the cast were tight knit, so they probably would’ve felt some type of way with an outsider coming in. They made history together. And I’m sure they all want to do it again in honor of Boseman.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
not the same type of recasting.

it would be like recasting Luke Skywalker in The Return Of The Jedi. Or Recasting Tony Stark in Iron Man 3. Not to mention, the Bruce Wayne character has always been meh to horrible when he’s not in the costume.

Once an actor creates a loyal following and becomes synonymous with a character, you ride it until the wheels fall off.

Nobody cares about Batman.

Coogler and the rest of the cast were tight knit, so they probably would’ve felt some type of way with an outsider coming in. They made history together. And I’m sure they all want to do it again in honor of Boseman.

With all due respect, Coogler and the rest of the cast's wishes should not supercede what fans want, and what would ultimately be better for the MCU. I liked Boseman in the role as much as the next person, but even his brother said he would have wanted the role recast. And I believe that Boseman, knowing how big a deal the character is as far as being the prominent black superhero, would agree with his brother. Who that's left in Wakanda is going to even begin to fill the shoes of T'Challah going forward?

As I've mentioned several times now, it's not an ideal circumstance given the unfortunate events that got us here, but mine and many others' opinion (including his own brother), is that ending the legacy of T'Challah is not the correct decision.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
With all due respect, Coogler and the rest of the cast's wishes should not supercede what fans want, and what would ultimately be better for the MCU. I liked Boseman in the role as much as the next person, but even his brother said he would have wanted the role recast. And I believe that Boseman, knowing how big a deal the character is as far as being the prominent black superhero, would agree with his brother. Who that's left in Wakanda is going to even begin to fill the shoes of T'Challah going forward?

As I've mentioned several times now, it's not an ideal circumstance given the unfortunate events that got us here, but mine and many others' opinion (including his own brother), is that ending the legacy of T'Challah is not the correct decision.

You just deaded your whole argument.

True fans… #marvelset will support no matter what. Brehs and brehettes will support. Most casuals will support because #marvelset is a movement and they all want to be a part of the dynasty. The rest can eat a dikk. It will still clear a billion.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Mackie with the :mjgrin: @3Rivers
FPfx3gQXwAc9o7F

The delivery of his response, makes me think he knows something we don't know.

If this movie had some type of feminist agenda to completely erase T'Challa over a passing of Boseman, he wouldn't happily encourage ppl to see it or mention it at all. It's a recast, betting on his boy Yaya to be in it. Wouldn't be opposed to John David Washington but he's too short.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
You just deaded your whole argument.

True fans… #marvelset will support no matter what. Brehs and brehettes will support. Most casuals will support because #marvelset is a movement and they all want to be a part of the dynasty. The rest can eat a dikk. It will still clear a billion.

Lol at deading my argument. I wasn't having any argument. I was just giving my opinion the situation with T'challah at Marvel. Even if I was, I'm not getting the significance of what you bolded in "deading" any argument.

I don't even know what the rest of what you wrote even means. I'm a diehard Marvel fan that will support their content as long as it's good, and I will probably end up seeing BP2 in the theater as i've done for every other Marvel movie. My feelings on whether they should recast, or use a variant for T'Challah has nothing to do with whether I'll "support" Marvel or not. Unless "supporting" Marvel means unilaterally agreeing with every decision they make. I've already wasted enough time on what was meant as a simple opinion on the matter, so feel free to keep on. I've said all I need to on it.