Conz

Superstar
Daps
Winston Duke is a cornball and he was fine in the role he already had. at this point the best choice for BP is clearly either a new character, some kind of crazy Killmonger ressurection or a recast. they fukked up

Nakia would have also been a better choice.

i don't know if this is true or anything, just going off recent rumblings

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Winston Duke is a cornball and he was fine in the role he already had. at this point the best choice for BP is clearly either a new character, some kind of crazy Killmonger ressurection or a recast. they fukked up

Nakia would have also been a better choice.

i don't know if this is true or anything, just going off recent rumblings
Nakia is the best choice. Any actor they are thinking of using to replace Chadwick isn't as good as she is acting wise.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Nakia is the best choice. Any actor they are thinking of using to replace Chadwick isn't as good as she is acting wise.
right. you got one of the better actresses under contract and she's... spy with rings... but really just ex-girlfriend. not doing much there. I've also been on record that W'Kabi would be a better BP than Winston Duke, but that character requires a redemption arc and might get messy in the first act.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
For like the 3rd time none of your examples are the same scenario as the BP 2 situation. No one died in order to need to be replaced in your examples.

3-times babble is still babble.

whether someone "died or not" does not negate the my point that the MCU has not been consistent with their casting.

NOT P does not imply NOT Q :ufdup:.

"Denying the antecedent, sometimes also called inverse error or fallacy of the inverse, is a formal fallacy of inferring the inverse from the original statement. It is committed by reasoning in the form:[1]

If P, then Q.
Therefore, if not P, then not Q.

Arguments of this form are invalid. Informally, this means that arguments of this form do not give good reason to establish their conclusions, even if their premises are true. In this example, a valid conclusion would be: ~P or Q.

One way to demonstrate the invalidity of this argument form is with an example that has true premises but an obviously false conclusion. For example:

If you are a ski instructor, then you have a job.
You are not a ski instructor.
Therefore, you have no job.[1]"

Denying the antecedent - Wikipedia

for the record I think BP should be recast and that not specfically because of the MCU's "inconsistent" (or otherwise) casting.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
3-times babble is still babble.

whether someone "died or not" does not negate the my point that the MCU has not been consistent with their casting.

NOT P does not imply NOT Q :ufdup:.

"Denying the antecedent, sometimes also called inverse error or fallacy of the inverse, is a formal fallacy of inferring the inverse from the original statement. It is committed by reasoning in the form:[1]

If P, then Q.
Therefore, if not P, then not Q.

Arguments of this form are invalid. Informally, this means that arguments of this form do not give good reason to establish their conclusions, even if their premises are true. In this example, a valid conclusion would be: ~P or Q.

One way to demonstrate the invalidity of this argument form is with an example that has true premises but an obviously false conclusion. For example:

If you are a ski instructor, then you have a job.
You are not a ski instructor.
Therefore, you have no job.[1]"

Denying the antecedent - Wikipedia

for the record I think BP should be recast and that not specfically because of the MCU's "inconsistent" (or otherwise) casting.
But it has been consistent. Out of what over 100 characters you can point out 5 instances where it wasn't? What's the rate of consistently there? Please calculate that for me. lol
If you want to speeak generally about something you have to use what mostly happens. Not the thing that happens less often.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
what specifically "doesn't apply"?

also examples given in the OP: "Terrance Howard and Edward Norton", (to which my response was directed).

howard and Norton were only in 1 MCU movie. Norton walked away so the had to replace him. And Howard was in the first movie before the MCU was the MCU.

every other character was either CGI, was a different species, or was on screen for a few minutes.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
But it has been consistent. Out of what over 100 characters you can point out 5 instances where it wasn't? What's the rate of consistently there? Please calculate that for me. lol

yeah but that's a different argument to the one you made before.

If you want to speeak generally about something you have to use what mostly happens. Not the thing that happens less often.

nah nah e-grow, you talk about relative rates.

by the measuring stick you propose Fox X-men have been consistent (based on consistent casting "most of the time" i.e. they use the same actors in "most" films).

are american police generally violent?: yes.

are they violent in most interactions?: no

are they violent relative to the baseline rate of other police peaceful forces?: yes - hence they are considered to be too violent aka "violent".

for example they might be violent in "only" 5% of interactions but that 5% might be 10-times the rate of other comparable police forces.

saying all that, the MCU has shown that they can seamlessly change actors or reuse actors.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
howard and Norton were only in 1 MCU movie. Norton walked away so the had to replace him. And Howard was in the first movie before the MCU was the MCU.

every other character was either CGI, was a different species, or was on screen for a few minutes.

ok. but they did it though.

they could have written them out.

question: where was lady Sif in Thor 3 or in Infinity War/Endgame..?

answer: missing and people got over it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
ok. but they did it though.

they could have written them out.

question: where was lady Sif in Thor 3 or in Infinity War/Endgame..?

answer: missing and people got over it.

written out who? Howard? For what? At that point it didn’t matter since it was the first sequel and RDJ was the star.

As for Sif, the actress couldn’t do it because it conflicted with her schedule. She was doing another project. This is why Marvel started signing actors to contracts that locked them in for multiple shows in addition to other clauses. Renner actually got tired of it. Oscar Isaac wasn’t going to do Moon Knight if he had to sign on for multiple projects.

And for the record, Portman left the MCU and they wrote her out. They didn’t try to replace her.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
written out who? Howard? For what? At that point it didn’t matter since it was the first sequel and RDJ was the star.

As for Sif, the actress couldn’t do it because it conflicted with her schedule. She was doing another project. This is why Marvel started signing actors to contracts that locked them in for multiple shows in addition to other clauses. Renner actually got tired of it. Oscar Isaac wasn’t going to do Moon Knight if he had to sign on for multiple projects.

And for the record, Portman left the MCU and they wrote her out. They didn’t try to replace her.

Yeah blah blah blah .. reeasons reasons reasons .. .but they did it did the switches didn't they. Sif vanished for almost 10 years worth of movies and people reason it away.

Stark as well for example. They keep flip-flopping between the two actors. Two actors mind you who look nothing like each other. One with a fat round head. The other with a thin head.

Additionally about Thanos (for example) he looks nothing alike in IW/Endgame compared to his early apperances. The character look and movements totally different.

We even had two actors play the same "person" (somehow) with no in world explanation given whatsoever .. Pietro aka Wanda's "brother".

etc

That is not being "consistent" in my book.

Even when importing actors from the other worlds people have to invent reasons for a different look. Foxx for example but we reason that away.

People are able to reason away all of that and more away somehow .... As you will now no doubt continue to do ... but BP .. "nah never dat" !