Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Lol at deading my argument. I wasn't having any argument. I was just giving my opinion the situation with T'challah at Marvel. Even if I was, I'm not getting the significance of what you bolded in "deading" any argument.

I don't even know what the rest of what you wrote even means. I'm a diehard Marvel fan that will support their content as long as it's good, and I will probably end up seeing BP2 in the theater as i've done for every other Marvel movie. My feelings on whether they should recast, or use a variant for T'Challah has nothing to do with whether I'll "support" Marvel or not. Unless "supporting" Marvel means unilaterally agreeing with every decision they make. I've already wasted enough time on what was meant as a simple opinion on the matter, so feel free to keep on. I've said all I need to on it.

you’re making a problem where it doesn’t need to be. The #recast was cool in the beginning before the script was done, but the film is already done. Let it go.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
give me one memorable quote or scene from each Batman

keaton
Kilmer
Clooney
Bale
Emo Boy
Even if I were to take the time to link you to scenes for each iteration of the character that I found memorable, which I'm not, it still doesn't equate to your original statement.

You said nobody cared about Batman, that's unequivocally wrong. Feel free to backpedal & move goalposts but it doesn't change the base stupidity of that statement about one of the most popular characters of all time.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Even if I were to take the time to link you to scenes for each iteration of the character that I found memorable, which I'm not, it still doesn't equate to your original statement.

You said nobody cared about Batman, that's unequivocally wrong. Feel free to backpedal & move goalposts but it doesn't change the base stupidity of that statement about one of the most popular characters of all time.

people don’t care. Anytime you can switch actors and keep rebooting… anytime you can have different characters in shows and movies simultaneously, people are indifferent. They don’t care. Yeah they will watch if something is release, but they don’t give a shyt about Bruce Wayne. And without the gadgets, they don’t give a shyt about Batman.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
With all due respect, Coogler and the rest of the cast's wishes should not supercede what fans want, and what would ultimately be better for the MCU. I liked Boseman in the role as much as the next person, but even his brother said he would have wanted the role recast. And I believe that Boseman, knowing how big a deal the character is as far as being the prominent black superhero, would agree with his brother. Who that's left in Wakanda is going to even begin to fill the shoes of T'Challah going forward?

As I've mentioned several times now, it's not an ideal circumstance given the unfortunate events that got us here, but mine and many others' opinion (including his own brother), is that ending the legacy of T'Challah is not the correct decision.
Gotta disagree the director and cast have to be on board with the plan going forward or there is no sequel for the fans and greater MCU.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Gotta disagree the director and cast have to be on board with the plan going forward or there is no sequel for the fans and greater MCU.

Let's say that I leave aside whether or not the cast and director should be able to override Marvel brass on it, if we're going to go by the feelings of people close to Chadwick, should what his brother and wife say (and what they believe Chadwick would have wanted) count or no?

The bottom line is that Marvel has the final say, and the cast is contractually obligated to do the film regardless. I think Marvel owes a respectful handling of it to his family, friends and colleagues who loved him but it's ultimately their decision. And again, it's one that would be in line with what the closest to him have indicated is what he would have wanted.

Chadwick Boseman's Brother Voices Approval for Black Panther Petition Asking T'Challa to Be Recast

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
people don’t care. Anytime you can switch actors and keep rebooting… anytime you can have different characters in shows and movies simultaneously, people are indifferent. They don’t care. Yeah they will watch if something is release, but they don’t give a shyt about Bruce Wayne. And without the gadgets, they don’t give a shyt about Batman.

That's because the actors do (most of the time) the character right. With Black Panther, Boseman has only done BP and he is the face of the character. BP hasn't had 60 years of actors playing him like Batman does.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Let's say that I leave aside whether or not the cast and director should be able to override Marvel brass on it, if we're going to go by the feelings of people close to Chadwick, should what his brother and wife say (and what they believe Chadwick would have wanted) count or no?

The bottom line is that Marvel has the final say, and the cast is contractually obligated to do the film regardless. I think Marvel owes a respectful handling of it to his family, friends and colleagues who loved him but it's ultimately their decision. And again, it's one that would be in line with what the closest to him have indicated is what he would have wanted.

Chadwick Boseman's Brother Voices Approval for Black Panther Petition Asking T'Challa to Be Recast
No it doesn't matter they have nothing to do with the making of the movie. Plus the family voiced their opinion in December the movie was more than half way finished production by then.
Feige/Marvel left it up to Coogler and Coogler decided not to recast. Feige/Marvel have backed that decision with 0 wavering publicly. Only people want him recast have nothing to do with making the movie.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
No it doesn't matter they have nothing to do with the making of the movie. Plus the family voiced their opinion in December the movie was more than half way finished production by then.
Feige/Marvel left it up to Coogler and Coogler decided not to recast. Feige/Marvel have backed that decision with 0 wavering publicly. Only people want him recast have nothing to do with making the movie.

Let's be clear. I understand that at this point, they're not recasting. I'm simply stating what I wish they would have done.

And again, if Chadwick's brother, wife, and what we can gather from them being that he would have wanted T'Challa to live on, then that most certainly should have been given consideration. Along with how important the character of T'Challa is being the first, and most prominent, black superhero. Along with how not having him will leave something missing given what the character could have meant in upcoming Marvel movies.

Marvel made a rash decision (understandable, given the circumstances), and it's unfortunate that we likely won't see another live action T'Challa for 10 years or more. I find that to be a big shame, and one that I don't feel was necessary at the end of the day. They should have just said that no decision is being made on the status of BP2, due to what happened, and let time go by enough for emotions to have not been as high as immediately following his passing. At that point, a more rational determination could have been made.

I would still support finding a way for a variant T'challa to find it's way into the main MCU universe. Not the best outcome, but better than no T'Challa IMO.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Let's be clear. I understand that at this point, they're not recasting. I'm simply stating what I wish they would have done.

And again, if Chadwick's brother, wife, and what we can gather from them being that he would have wanted T'Challa to live on, then that most certainly should have been given consideration. Along with how important the character of T'Challa is being the first, and most prominent, black superhero. Along with how not having him will leave something missing given what the character could have meant in upcoming Marvel movies.

Marvel made a rash decision (understandable, given the circumstances), and it's unfortunate that we likely won't see another live action T'Challa for 10 years or more. I find that to be a big shame, and one that I don't feel was necessary at the end of the day. They should have just said that no decision is being made on the status of BP2, due to what happened, and let time go by enough for emotions to have not been as high as immediately following his passing. At that point, a more rational determination could have been made.

I would still support finding a way for a variant T'challa to find it's way into the main MCU universe. Not the best outcome, but better than no T'Challa IMO.
The decision you are describing as 'rash' could also be interpretted as necessary for a good movie. The creatives involved seemed to have grown close to Chadwick and didn't want to recast. If management forced a new actor as a replacement, people would have at one extreme quit despite contractual obligations or at the bear minimum not put their best foot forward. It's a gigantic franchise it can't hinge on 1 character being involved. And there are benefits to delaying his reappearance, when they do reboot or recast it will be a big deal and make that appearance highly anticipated.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
The decision you are describing as 'rash' could also be interpretted as necessary for a good movie. The creatives involved seemed to have grown close to Chadwick and didn't want to recast. If management forced a new actor as a replacement, people would have at one extreme quit despite contractual obligations or at the bear minimum not put their best foot forward. It's a gigantic franchise it can't hinge on 1 character being involved. And there are benefits to delaying his reappearance, when they do reboot or recast it will be a big deal and make that appearance highly anticipated.

It can be interpreted as rash, because it was. I said it was understandable given the circumstances, but even if they decided not to recast, it should have been done after the emotional period had passed. It should have been done with the input of his family along with Marvel brass, and the cast and director. Again, we're talking about the most prominent black superhero of all time who only got one movie. His brother directly said that Chadwick appreciated that the importance of the character went beyond him. No T'Challa in the MCU means the loss of many great stories that could have been done with him - I would submit unnecessarily.

He passed two years ago. Marvel has pushed numerous movies back due to the pandemic, and there would have been enough time to come up with a new plan. If the man's family is ok with it, if they feel Chadwick would have been ok with it, if there was enough time to come up with a new plan - either recasting or utilizing the multiverse than I'm honestly not sure what problem anyone could have with getting more. T'challa stories in the MCU. I loved Chadwick, his loss is a huge tragedy but he's not the only one that can play the character.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It can be interpreted as rash, because it was. I said it was understandable given the circumstances, but even if they decided not to recast, it should have been done after the emotional period had passed. It should have been done with the input of his family along with Marvel brass, and the cast and director. Again, we're talking about the most prominent black superhero of all time who only got one movie. His brother directly said that Chadwick appreciated that the importance of the character went beyond him. No T'Challa in the MCU means the loss of many great stories that could have been done with him - I would submit unnecessarily.

He passed two years ago. Marvel has pushed numerous movies back due to the pandemic, and there would have been enough time to come up with a new plan. If the man's family is ok with it, if they feel Chadwick would have been ok with it, if there was enough time to come up with a new plan - either recasting or utilizing the multiverse than I'm honestly not sure what problem anyone could have with getting more. T'challa stories in the MCU. I loved Chadwick, his loss is a huge tragedy but he's not the only one that can play the character.
If Chadwick's family would have wanted the opposite (BP not being recast) would you still want him recast?