Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
shyt is a total mess all because they “want to do the right thing”

:mjlol:

This is the dumbest shyt ever and Marvel will learn..
Needed time.

Translation: Fukk Chadwick let's get it poppin'. :mjlol:
There's an irony in you saying that and yet they decided to move on filming. If it wasnt really that they'd had just waited another year. Instead they just pushed things back 3 months (filming):francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Needed time.

There's an irony in you saying that and yet they decided to move on filming. If it wasnt really that they'd had just waited another year. Instead they just pushed things back 3 months (filming):francis:
That was the sentiment he was expressing. Even if you feel the studio is not completely honoring him by moving forward with the movie. What he was suggesting was to forget doing anything completely and recasting dude like he didn't just die tragically. lol

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That was the sentiment he was expressing. Even if you feel the studio is not completely honoring him by moving forward with the movie. What he was suggesting was to forget doing anything completely and recasting dude like he didn't just die tragically. lol
The thing is you still are doing that. Removing the character means you've removed everything he's built up. You've also rushed into a production with a cast grieving and a reworked script just a few months after his death. It took Ryan Coogler 2 years to write the sequel script and then he had to work on another while location scouting, pre-production, etc. These rumors seem to be getting out for a reason.

Marvel never has negative stuff openly leak out or has negative rumors swirling around their films :heh:

Whether true or not the Wright stuff is shyt she's forced to deal with and in position she never expected. Im not sure Boseman would have wanted his cast and crew stressed out, multiple rewrites and potentially making a "meh" movie to "honor" him.

Now Coogler is talented enough to still make a good film, but damn if this isnt the toughest job someone has had.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The thing is you still are doing that. Removing the character means you've removed everything he's built up. You've also rushed into a production with a cast grieving and a reworked script just a few months after his death. It took Ryan Coogler 2 years to write the sequel script and then he had to work on another while location scouting, pre-production, etc. These rumors seem to be getting out for a reason.

Marvel never has negative stuff openly leak out or has negative rumors swirling around their films :heh:

Whether true or not the Wright stuff is shyt she's forced to deal with and in position she never expected. Im not sure Boseman would have wanted his cast and crew stressed out, multiple rewrites and potentially making a "meh" movie to "honor" him.

Now Coogler is talented enough to still make a good film, but damn if this isnt the toughest job someone has had.
I understand that and I would be on board for a delay in production push back of the movie altogether. I was just replying to someone saying; they "want to do the right thing” and putting that in a bad light. You obviously should try and do the right thing by Chadwick, saying otherwise is stupid. What the "right thing" is probably is delaying the movie altogether but it definitely isn't recasting and acting like Chadwick is easily replacable.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What you all don’t seem to understand is by not recasting T’Challa, it’s the ultimate honor to Boseman because his character will remain immortalized in the MCU and will remain cannon permanently.

recasting erases Boseman’s T’Challa from the MCU.

I could see if Boseman died after Civil War and you want to recast. Fine. But he was in 4 MCU films including a solo. And not just any 4 films. Civil War, End Game and Infinity War.

do you really think it’s ok to just recast? Really?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What you all don’t seem to understand is by not recasting T’Challa, it’s the ultimate honor to Boseman because his character will remain immortalized in the MCU and will remain cannon permanently.

I could see if Boseman died after Civil War and you want to recast. Fine. But he was in 4 MCU films including a solo. And not just any 4 films. Civil War, End Game and Infinity War.

Totally fine. Yes.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.

Marvel could just pull another T’Challa from a different universe like they are doing with Spiderman. :unimpressed:

T’Challa has existed before Chadwick was even born. A actor should not be tied into a fictional character. If that’s the case than Superman movies would cease to exist due to Reeves death.

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night

3 of those films were top 5 MCU films. If they were flops you would have a point. Recasting him don't erase that:gucci:

Regardless, as much as I want them to recast, I'm not writing this movie off when it doesn't even have a fukking trailer out yet. Everyone needs to be cool and wait for it to release. At least wait for a full plot to leak before passing judgment. Rest in peace to Chadwick Boseman, his memory lives on.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

That's like saying making a new Superman movie erased Christopher Reeve's legacy.