Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Nah, it's only been a year and half since Chadwick's death. Also, based on what I see online, most people are NOT OK with a recast of T'Challa.

Chadwick and Letitia were basically the heart and soul of black Panther. They had good chemistry on and off screen. The king and princess of Wakanda. To replace both of them wouldn’t be the same movie. Some roles, are hard to recast.

And regardless of what the rumors are, do you really think Wright would walk away from BP even though it’s honoring Boseman’s legacy? :mjlol:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The only people who are against recasting at this point are feminists on Twitter who want a female BP.
Nah, I've seen people who aren't "feminists" opposed to recasting T'Challa. Just look at the post above yours.

But cool, I'll leave it there. I'm fine with T'Challa being recast but Marvel/casual audiences aren't :yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nah, I've seen people who aren't "feminists" opposed to recasting T'Challa. Just look at the post above yours.

But cool, I'll leave it there. I'm fine with T'Challa being recast but Marvel/casual audiences aren't :yeshrug:

Actually, “casual audiences” are very much ok with recasting T’Challa, it’s Marvel and specifically Coogler/Nate Moore who weren’t.

They literally reported/confirmed this with Moore a few weeks back. In response, “T’Challa” was trending on Twitter with a vast majority in favor of him being recast. In addition to the 50k signed recast petitions...

Sure there’s some who don’t, but just like in this thread if we’re talking sample sizes it’s pretty clear where most lean towards.

However, marvel made their decision so to that end it is what it is :manny:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They should make Daniel Kaluah the new BP his character was interesting

The only person worthy of wearing the suit after T'challa in the MCU is Okoye, she actually makes more sense than Shuri, M'baku or him.

If it's about box office, she's a bigger name and is already rumored to be staring in a Disney+ Okoye show. She has the pressence to carry the franchise if need be.

If it's about storyline, aside from wether she has to be retconned as being of royal decent, typically the 2nd in command (the leader of the Dora) would be obligated to step up. Ayo can take her place and she becomes the new BP out of neccesity in the face of war.

That makes way more sense than an MCU Shuri that has not shown herself to be a warrior.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The only person worthy of wearing the suit after T'challa in the MCU is Okoye, she actually makes more sense than Shuri, M'baku or him.

If it's about box office, she's a bigger name and is already rumored to be staring in a Disney+ Okoye show. She has the pressence to carry the franchise if need be.

If it's about storyline, aside from wether she has to be retconned as being of royal decent, typically the 2nd in command (the leader of the Dora) would be obligated to step up. Ayo can take her place and she becomes the new BP out of neccesity in the face of war.

That makes way more sense than an MCU Shuri that has not shown herself to be a warrior.
I think Nakia is more worthy.
  • She suggested Wakanda Open up to the world and help other countries before Killmonger even stepped on the scene.
  • She was the only person moving correctly after T'Challa got thrown off the waterfall. Okoye? :francis:
  • She saved the last of the heart shaped herb.
  • She was extremely close to T'Challa personally.
  • Outside the movie she is the Biggest actor in the franchise. And I would believe her over Letitia Wright as BP.
Make Lupita the new BP! I been saying this. It's weird she gets no traction in that regard.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Actually, “casual audiences” are very much ok with recasting T’Challa, it’s Marvel and specifically Coogler/Nate Moore who weren’t.

They literally reported/confirmed this with Moore a few weeks back. In response, “T’Challa” was trending on Twitter with a vast majority in favor of him being recast. In addition to the 50k signed recast petitions...

Sure there’s some who don’t, but just like in this thread if we’re talking sample sizes it’s pretty clear where most lean towards.

However, marvel made their decision so to that end it is what it is :manny:
Well, if that's true, then yeah. It is what it is :hubie:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’m confused where they’re going considering we have a Disney+ series that will dive into the lore of Wakanda as well. I wish they had just recasted and kept the title as Black Panther II.
Marvel doesn't really do traditional sequels like that besides Ironman. It's always given a name so it was never going to be BP 2.
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America:Civil War
Avengers: Age of Ultron
etc.