Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:what:

Do u realize that Sam is Nick Fury?
I'm convinced that 80% of the people that saw Black Panther never heard of the MCU. But that may be a good thing for them. Infinity War might end up breaking every record if it gets the same audience as the other avenger plus the black panther audience. Probably should of had him from the beginning.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
don't want Denzel in this. hard to say someone is "too big" for a Marvel movie at this point, but i think Denzel might be 1 of 5 actors left who might be "too big" for a Marvel movie. all people would talk about is Denzel. Only other dudes i'd say would have that effect would be Pitt, DiCaprio, maybe a Tom Cruise* i don't even know.

*don't tell me the story about Tom Cruise almost being Tony Stark like it's new knowledge.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
don't want Denzel in this. hard to say someone is "too big" for a Marvel movie at this point, but i think Denzel might be 1 of 5 actors left who might be "too big" for a Marvel movie. all people would talk about is Denzel. Only other dudes i'd say would have that effect would be Pitt, DiCaprio, maybe a Tom Cruise* i don't even know.

*don't tell me the story about Tom Cruise almost being Tony Stark like it's new knowledge.
Yeah he might be too big where the director is tempted to make the movie about him. I don't mind the movie being about him if he's playing a comic book A list character or at least a B lister with A list potential but if you pull a mystique and try to make the whole thing about some C list character it ruins the whole thing.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
thats what i thought...so until you produce a pic of yourself..face and all..that youre not a cac..i wouldnt use that word on here again :russ:...:mjpls:

now demonic....extortion
You aint even proved you arent a cac, i mean only one would call abdi demonic for captain philips (which you cant admit now cuz u know) u :ufdup:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You aint even proved you arent a cac, i mean only one would call abdi demonic for captain philips (which you cant admit now cuz u know) u :ufdup:

one - that avi is me....to see the head of it you can go to the men of coli thread in TLR where you will see other pics of myself.
two - have you seen extortion? if not then checkmate in my favor

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Yeah he might be too big where the director is tempted to make the movie about him. I don't mind the movie being about him if he's playing a comic book A list character or at least a B lister with A list potential but if you pull a mystique and try to make the whole thing about some C list character it ruins the whole thing.

Nah, I don't think Ryan Coogler would do that. Him and the entire BP cast are pretty cliqued up as is, imo. So in a way i could see Denzel not wanting to be a part of the franchise because Achebe himself isn't as much a big bad as he is a secondary villain, like Andy Serkis was, and Denzel may not care for that (nor does he seem to care about the comic book genre). On the other hand, I could also see Denzel saying why the fukk not, and lending his acting chops to help the brehs and brehettes out in a lesser but powerful role... esp a role that is more his style in drama than superhero-y.

I don't think he'd be too big of a presence but the other choices people nominated would work well too tbh, esp if there are concerns with the accent.

I'm actually curious about Denzel's reaction to BP, because he did pay Chadwick's expenses to study at Oxford back when Chad was a young bull, and has always come across as pretty pro-black.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
would be tough to find a balance. you probably leave that movie with 2 lines of thought:

"When you have a Denzel, you give Denzel wayyy too much screentime. T'Challa took a backseat again."

or

"How the fukk do you cast Denzel and kill him off after 25 minutes of screen time?!"

people were saying stuff like that about Cate Blanchett as Hela recently.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
T'Challa designed the 1st suit. Shuri made the upgrades.

Yes in the comics T'Challa is the big brain 'super genius' and Shuri is the very very very smart one with multiple degrees and is essentially on that rocket scientist tip too.

In the MCU, they seem to have essentially switched those two roles.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'Challa designed the 1st suit. Shuri made the upgrades.

Yes in the comics T'Challa is the big brain 'super genius' and Shuri is the very very very smart one with multiple degrees and is essentially on that rocket scientist tip too.

In the MCU, they seem to have essentially switched those two roles.

Hmm not sure yet on that. Shuri def is a engineering genius (which she isn't in the comics mostly), but in the comics it seemed like T'Challa was more into bigger theoretical issues, not necesarily creating devices and stuff all the time.

I do wish they kept T'Challa as master fighter though, comic T'Challa knows like fiftysixty something fighting styles.:wow:

I'm surprised no one has brought up W'kabi as a potential villain. I know he's probably locked up now, but he would be a interesting pick. But I imagine with phase 4, all the films going forward are going to be team-ups like Thor Ragnarok, where you have multiple avengers together.