nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yea i don't think M'Baku is going to be a villain. I recall one podcast person predicting they may have a robinhood and lil john type dynamic in the sequel... now granted, the last thing of robinhood i remember is the animated movie about a fox, when i was like 5 :mjlol: so i can't speak on what that comparison even means. BUT i could definitely see T'Challa and M'Baku being that fun duo that ppl see in a T'Challa/Namor light. i.e. M'Baku has very similar traits when it comes to being a quip-ready ass.

Also, if you notice at the end after BP beat Killmonger and T'Challa enters the throne room as king again, M'Baku now has a seat there. So pretty much all 5 tribes are united now.

So i honestly don't see them doing a retread of that conflict. And i also agree that the whole "so and so" vying for the mantle is played out, imo. One movie about it is enough for me. I'd like them to adapt/modernize different storylines.

I disagree about Monica Lynne tho, I think Nakia is likely the best MCU love interest the studio has ever crafted. I don't think he needs another love interest, unless it's just chicks who like him... or they do a spin where it's a crazy bytch that's out to kill Nakia out of jealousy [a reversal of what Priest did]

I like the chemistry they had and where they went with Nakia, but she doesn't fit as a future queen. They aren't really together, but the feelings are still there. She's also not stationary, more of a roamer, and they made sure to point out that she's a spy at heart. I can't see them doing the jealous-villainous streak with Lupita, but I can see them priming her for things outside of T'Challa's/Wakanda's world. Like he finds someone else, someone willing to remain at his side and she moves on. She may get a solo movie, or definitely a role if they go with the A-Force type avengers movie.

I definitely think they jump on this sequel, 2020- no 3 years in between. Phase 4 will probably be based on temperature instead of their outline.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I like the chemistry they had and where they went with Nakia, but she doesn't fit as a future queen. They aren't really together, but the feelings are still there. She's also not stationary, more of a roamer, and they made sure to point out that she's a spy at heart. I can't see them doing the jealous-villainous streak with Lupita, but I can see them priming her for things outside of T'Challa's/Wakanda's world. Like he finds someone else, someone willing to remain at his side and she moves on. She may get a solo movie, or definitely a role if they go with the A-Force type avengers movie.

I definitely think they jump on this sequel, 2020- no 3 years in between. Phase 4 will probably be based on temperature instead of their outline.
I dunno, i think she does fit and they dropped the hints with how stubborn she is being the reason why she'd be a good queen (T'Challa basically tricked her into acknowledging that). And at movie's end, it's implied that T'Challa convinced her to stay b/c of his plan to make her dream a reality with the Wakanda outreach program.

I predict she's clearly going to be the love interest for the trilogy and by the end of the 3rd movie, they'll likely be married (as the end of T'Challa's 3 movie arc) and they'll then transition the attention to Shuri as the main/spin off protagonist. <--all just speculation/wishful thinking on my part but they pretty much established Nakia as his dream girl who everyone in the tribes knows is his number 1.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I dunno, i think she does fit and they dropped the hints with how stubborn she is being the reason why she'd be a good queen (T'Challa basically tricked her into acknowledging that). And at movie's end, it's implied that T'Challa convinced her to stay b/c of his plan to make her dream a reality with the Wakanda outreach program.

I predict she's clearly going to be the love interest for the trilogy and by the end of the 3rd movie, they'll likely be married (as the end of T'Challa's 3 movie arc) and they'll then transition the attention to Shuri as the main/spin off protagonist. <--all just speculation/wishful thinking on my part but they pretty much established Nakia as his dream girl who everyone in the tribes knows is his number 1.

That's a good theory, as well. They can go either way. You may be right about Leticia though. This hype train that Shuri is receiving is incredible, so they may spin her off first, but I still don't see them doing BP with her.

I really do think they go with Achebe though, unless they pull Moses Magnum from linbo. I'm actually kinda wondering if they may incorporate Black Bolt into the MCU, possibly having him fill other storyline roles, like Namor or perhaps bringing on Maximus in a major villain role. He can sub for Doom

Jards

All Star
Daps
Denzel can’t do accents though. Samuel Jackson could be good if he can do accents I’m not to sure but he’s already bald. Idris would be great if he wasn’t in that Cac fest called Thor.
Denzel played Steven Biko in Cry Freedom and his accent wasn't much worse in that than a lot of the actors in BP. Angela Bassett and Forest Whittakers accents were :huhldup:. Luckily they had the smaller roles. Even Chadwick's accent was off - dude didnt seem natural, speaking too slow as if he had to really think and concentrate on the dialect. In fact the only actors that seemed natural were Danai, Lupita and Kaluuya who are second generation of African descent. Letitia Wright also did a decent job considering she's from Guyanaese heritage.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That's a good theory, as well. They can go either way. You may be right about Leticia though. This hype train that Shuri is receiving is incredible, so they may spin her off first, but I still don't see them doing BP with her.

I really do think they go with Achebe though, unless they pull Moses Magnum from linbo. I'm actually kinda wondering if they may incorporate Black Bolt into the MCU, possibly having him fill other storyline roles, like Namor or perhaps bringing on Maximus in a major villain role. He can sub for Doom

With Shuri, I may have to back track a lil on that. it's hard to gauge, bc she clearly was the queen of comedic one-liners and is tailor suited for MCU theater audiences, but i dont think she outright becomes BP either. I just think shes the youngest one where by the time BP 3 ends, 7-8 years from now, she'll be the most logical one to spin off the franchise with in a completely new direction.

But yea, she's not really a front lines fighter and being BP isn't her character arc, it's being her brother's keeper. Right now some white folks are low-key jealous BP has her and want to throw her to Iron man or Peter Parker :russ:

But I think they continue the 1-2 combo of T'Challa and her, she'll be the Q always present remotely to crack wise and come up with new ish.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I do think Shuri, Nakia, and Okoye are going to be the big 3 of black female superheroes, and someone like Tessa Thompson will be further chomping at the bit to get that all female A-Force/Fearless Defenders spinoff movie off the ground now more than ever

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
With Shuri, I may have to back track a lil on that. it's hard to gauge, bc she clearly was the queen of comedic one-liners and is tailor suited for MCU theater audiences, but i dont think she outright becomes BP either. I just think shes the youngest one where by the time BP 3 ends, 7-8 years from now, she'll be the most logical one to spin off the franchise with in a completely new direction.

But yea, she's not really a front lines fighter and being BP isn't her character arc, it's being her brother's keeper. Right now some white folks are low-key jealous BP has her and want to throw her to Iron man or Peter Parker :russ:

But I think they continue the 1-2 combo of T'Challa and her, she'll be the Q always present remotely to crack wise and come up with new ish.

I say that what they should do is instead of all this talk about Shuri becoming the next Ironman, they have it that they actually introduce Riri, as a young black girl inspired by both Shuri and Ironman and she makes her own Ironman suit like she does in the comics. That way, there's two smart, young black women on the screen, with one being representative of Africa and its culture and the other as an African-American representing ours. The seeds for that is present in the fact that Shuri is now running that outreach program.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'd rather see Barkhad Abdi take the role.

MV5BMTY1NjU1OTgyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjgzNTU5MDE@._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Achebe.jpg
Dude can def act demonic.. i cosign this too

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so what yall think gonna happen with the border tribe who went against challa and siding with killmonger? Do they get jailed, or removed from their positions, or do you think the king will trust them and keep them in their positions.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
so what yall think gonna happen with the border tribe who went against challa and siding with killmonger? Do they get jailed, or removed from their positions, or do you think the king will trust them and keep them in their positions.

Get Out homie looks too shady, especially when he does that smirk side eye face he does. he probably lost his position and is locked up. T'Challa will probably let him loose to help vs Thanos.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Surely this has to now be Marvels flagship franchise. At the very least whatever role they had in mind for BP in the avengers will have to increase dramatically after this opening weekend.
How do you plan they do that when its release is in 2 months:heh: