Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Hmm not sure yet on that. Shuri def is a engineering genius (which she isn't in the comics mostly), but in the comics it seemed like T'Challa was more into bigger theoretical issues, not necesarily creating devices and stuff all the time.

I do wish they kept T'Challa as master fighter though, comic T'Challa knows like fiftysixty something fighting styles.:wow:

I'm surprised no one has brought up W'kabi as a potential villain. I know he's probably locked up now, but he would be a interesting pick. But I imagine with phase 4, all the films going forward are going to be team-ups like Thor Ragnarok, where you have multiple avengers together.

Well in the comics T'Challa was anywhere from top 5 to top 8 smartest in the world, Shuri wasn't in that conversation altho she was always very capable.

In the MCU however, the black panther producer said Shuri is in fact the smartest person in the MCU, and smarter than Tony Stark.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think T'Challa is still a master fighter; he trashed everybody not named M'Baku and Killmonger. And before that he got the better of Bucky and stalemated Cap in their brief scrap.

De-power Bucky and have him go one on one against M'Baku or Killmonger, and breh getting touched up too

Yep. Plus, he was getting out on Bucky, not even suited up as well, to which non suited, Bucky has an edge with the metal arm as well.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Well in the comics T'Challa was anywhere from top 5 to top 8 smartest in the world, Shuri wasn't in that conversation altho she was always very capable.

In the MCU however, the black panther producer said Shuri is in fact the smartest person in the MCU, and smarter than Tony Stark.

Banner is smarter than Tony Stark.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Til Reed comes a'knockin

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Til Reed comes a'knockin
:ehh:

It'll be interesting if/when he is introduced. Marvel/Disney ain't shy about giving certain accolades to the hot commodity (like accrediting Ultron to Stark instead of Pym), and Shuri is pretty much the feel good story of the MCU

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
T'Challa designed the 1st suit. Shuri made the upgrades.

Yes in the comics T'Challa is the big brain 'super genius' and Shuri is the very very very smart one with multiple degrees and is essentially on that rocket scientist tip too.

In the MCU, they seem to have essentially switched those two roles.
The recent infinity war prelude comic dubs her the smartest for sure but still gave a lil nudge to T'Challa not being to far behind her or Tony just like in the movie.

slZWeYn.png

br5OEvj.png

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yep. Plus, he was getting out on Bucky, not even suited up as well, to which non suited, Bucky has an edge with the metal arm as well.
Yeah he gave Bucky that work all three times they fought in civil war. Bucky would've died all three times but ran off or was rescued by another avenger.
But Bucky was proven to lesser to Cap when he got suplexed and choked out in Winter Soldier. I'd like to see T'challa and Cap go at it again. Also wonder how he'd fair against spiderman.
Spiderman seems stronger then him and Cap in MCU but not as skilled combat wise. Maybe he's just weak against flyers

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Marvel officials smart rankings are

Doom
Reed
Amadeus cho
Beast
Banner
Black panther
Iron man

Reed was always number 1.
Doom is 2, not 1B
Then is was Pym
Banner
Beast
T'challa
Tony
Cho = was 7th but in a book, they/he demoted himself to 8th.

But now with Moon Girl, and I guess they count Valeria, he may not make Top 10.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I never thought it made sense to make T'challa a genius level intellect. Intelligent yes, but dude is already a king, An honorable man, Has an invincible suit and is tier 1 martial artist up there with Shang Chi.
You gotta add genius on top of that? Where is the challenge? it becomes boring, why does he need allies? Heroes need some sort of limitation to make things challanging for an interesting conflict. It they don't you have to rely on boring tropes(like oh no he lost his powers) or a boring mcguffin(oh no this rock makes him lose his powers).
If you dial the genius back a smidge you have room for other interesting characters (like Shuri) to have something to do.

You can still make him a genius tho but if thats the case at least give him personality flaws like Stark or Banner,. all have inner demons. Alcoholiam Narsicissm Stark. Rage Dual Personalities Banner,

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah he gave Bucky that work all three times they fought in civil war. Bucky would've died all three times but ran off or was rescued by another avenger.
But Bucky was proven to lesser to Cap when he got suplexed and choked out in Winter Soldier. I'd like to see T'challa and Cap go at it again. Also wonder how he'd fair against spiderman.
Spiderman seems stronger then him and Cap in MCU but not as skilled combat wise. Maybe he's just weak against flyers

Spiderman is stronger than both of them in the books as well. Like a few times stronger. Both of them can best Spiderman tho at the end of the day. And maybe who's weak against flyers? Contextually, that line doesn't make sense man, lol.