Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Playing the game again. I upgraded to the deluxe version so I got Javik and some new N7 weapons. I am having fun experimenting with different armors and weapon combinations.

I really like the Disciple shotgun. All it takes is one hit to daze and then one or two more shots to take them out.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
There’s quite a market for adult coloring books these days, so it was only a matter of time before BioWare’s RPG video game series Mass Effectreceived the treatment.

Released earlier this year by Dark Horse, the Mass Effect coloring book from ThinkGeek (which sent over a copy to review) features 45 black-and-white illustrations for fans to color. Each one is inspired by characters and scenes from both the Mass Effect trilogy and Mass Effect: Andromeda, though there are more from the former than the latter.

Accompanying each image is a classic quote from the series that will take you back to memorable moments from the games. The paper feels thick enough that you can probably use almost anything to color in the book without worrying too much about any bleed-through, but since I only used pencils (which weren’t a problem), I’m not completely sure. If you use markers, I’d do a quick test before committing to coloring in an image with them.

The ThinkGeek version of the book features an exclusive variant cover showing Andromeda’s Peebee and is only available at ThinkGeek and BioWare. While the illustrations are impressive, a few bothered me in how much they strayed from looking like the characters we see in the game. The art is supposed to be inspired by the franchise, so it’s clearly not meant to look exactly like the characters and is instead the illustrators’ versions of them in fun styles. Still, the difference — while small — was enough to bug me slightly for certain characters.

I didn’t mind this too much, though, for one image, which has become my favorite: an illustration of the entire Mass Effect trilogy team together. In fact, it just made me want to restart the first three games immediately.

The coloring book is available at ThinkGeek.com for $14.99.

Mass Effect Adult Coloring Book - Exclusive

joil_mass_effect_adult_coloring_book_variant.jpg

joil_mass_effect_adult_coloring_book_variant_page1.jpg

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stuff-we-love-coloring-my-way-through-the-mass-effect-universe
------------------------------------------

I'll buy it :yeshrug:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Taking out the endings to all games (because that's the biggest gripe on the series)
  • Mass Effect 3 10/10
  • Mass Effect 2 9/10
  • Mass Effect 1 9/10
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda 6/10
The only thing this game has in improved graphics.

The combat is fun, but, the enemies are repetitive and not being able to control your squad is :scusthov:.

Do not get me started on the story. So many missions that force you to go to 4 different planets just to have multiple convos with ppl. Too many elements taken from the trilogy just copied and pasted.

And the open world elements take away WAY more than they add. :beli: The bugs, breh....the bugs.

It's not a bad game, but, it's not worth full price. And these fools will try to sell us DLC :snoop:

i beat mass effect 1 over 50 times no lie
mass effect 2 i beat like 15
mass effect 3 i beat once

mass effect andromeda i played once for like 8 hours hated it and sold it on ebay

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
With this series effectively dead people still celebrate this?

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Ea just needs to go ahead and remaster the original trilogy and sell that shyt to make up for the missed andromeda sales.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
The potential that this title had and EA destroyed it. Mass Effect Andromeda is so horrible and I didn't even finish it
Yeah they ruined both N7 day and TeN7 day with Andromeda. Hopefully after Anthem, Bioware will have the resources to focus on a new mass effect game.

Hopefully Anthem is well received and without any microtransaction controversy. If it does, it could mean the end of Bioware.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yeah they ruined both N7 day and TeN7 day with Andromeda. Hopefully after Anthem, Bioware will have the resources to focus on a new mass effect game.

Sad thing to say but I think that shyt a rap. Microsoft should of never sold that shyt. Crazy to say but Microsoft would of done justice with this shyt

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Hopefully Anthem is well received and without any microtransaction controversy. If it does, it could mean the end of Bioware.
:bryan:

I think Bioware at the very least survives through The Old Republic and Dragon Age. Anthem is... It better be nice :hubie: if they said that the shyt is so hot that they gotta throw Andromeda to the wolves, then I want to at least know if they made the right call.