Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The covering system in ME1 :snoop:

I always found it weird that GoW had a better cover system and it came out a year before. To be fair, Bioware back then (before the EA rape) focused more on the visual effects of combat instead of the fine details. This was all fixed in part 2 of course but then EA sunk its claws too deep and we got a very vapid gaming experience (story/gutting inventory wise)

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I had a vanguard on my run so charge + shotgun really helped a lot. If you're a Soldier, you should be leaning on Adrenaline Rush constantly, use Incendiary or Disruptor rounds. Sniper Rifles + AR = Easy headshot kills. Bring two biotics if you need the combo's, ultimately AR will make everything a cake walk.

Simple...

tumblr_inline_niqrg1UM1t1rre4xt.gif

The Arrival DLC is a solo mission so I cant bring anyone with me. Trust me I heavily relied on adrenaline rush and watched myself die in slow motion plenty of times. :russ:

Ultimately, I posted up in a corner near where the enemies came in. When they bunched up together, I hit them with the arc projector.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Man I am watching videos of stuff I missed or didn't do and I seriously regret not playing with Javik. Dude is ruthlessly honest. :wow:

He shattered everything Liara knew about the Protheans and her own culture in less than 5 minutes. Someone needs to put his visit to the Thesia temple over the ether beat. :damn:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sad to say I still enjoy me 1 better than another me game

Andromeda is boring me brehs

Me 1 was perfect to me

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Sad to say I still enjoy me 1 better than another me game

Andromeda is boring me brehs

Me 1 was perfect to me

ME1 is Star Trek (Kirk), you can't beat that, epic writing, Renegade/Paragon, no loyalty missions, and itemization for days.

These days we're stuck with bullets being a consumable? (fukk lore yet again), boring story, and carbon copy characters.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember playing it and right away you land on a weird ass planet, you see a teammate get impaled. You meet up with Ashley and then you see saren becoming a traitor

Whole game your a underdog no one believes in you. You forge a bond with Ashley, Harris, wrex, liara their whole back story.

Ish was enjoyable as hell

ME1 is Star Trek (Kirk), you can't beat that, epic writing, Renegade/Paragon, no loyalty missions, and itemization for days.

These days we're stuck with bullets being a consumable? (fukk lore yet again), boring story, and carbon copy characters.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
The Arrival DLC is a solo mission so I cant bring anyone with me. Trust me I heavily relied on adrenaline rush and watched myself die in slow motion plenty of times. :russ:

Ultimately, I posted up in a corner near where the enemies came in. When they bunched up together, I hit them with the arc projector.
Arrival was the Mission that let me fully know just how bad my Shep is.....during the Capture sequence....You don't have to fall breh:shaq:....I mean the story wants you too...but you can ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATE Kensons security before you do

Breh you can fukk them up so bad, Harbinger!!! will call for more help:wow:

Kenson: I need him alive dammit!!!
Security: Him!!??:damn:, We need more backup, Shepard's Decimating us!!:damn:

My Shep:........:win:.....:demonic:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
tumblr_oioptk07_Zr1u5nw5qo4_540.gif

I have been literally been like this all week trying to get the 'Survive all waves' achievement on the Arrival DLC. Any tips on how to survive all rounds? I am playing as a Soldier. I think if I had biotics (at least singularity) I would have a better chance. I have the arc projector but I am still taking Ls. :sadcam:
I was a Vanguard, emphasized my charge and barrier. A maxed out charge has a Auto barrier when you come out of it...but fukk it add another one even tho it seems redundant, as the later waves will begin pouring it on with the flamethrowers n shyt. Speaking of flamethrowers bring yours...the Arc projector is cool but too slow to get off when they start coming in with the aggression dialed up

Do this mission after the 2nd collector encounter...so you can have assault rifle training (This is Vital breh) and choose the Mattock heavy rifle (also Vital) as its combination of speed, accuracy and sheer stopping power (seriously its damn near an auto shotgun lol) combined with your ammo power will either have them dancing(fire) or freezing(ice) and the last weapon is......

.....Geth plasma Shotgun....More powerful than the mattock but slower and easier to wield than the flamethrower

follow these tips and youll have mad bread to break up...if not the sedatives wear off...then you wake up......

lol

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
What's messed up? I get goosebumps looking at this.

But, I'm done with Andromeda for real, for real
Wow is Andromeda really that bad? Or was the trilogy so good Andromeda can't compare? I haven't played it yet because I have to take care of some things first.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Wow is Andromeda really that bad? Or was the trilogy so good Andromeda can't compare? I haven't played it yet because I have to take care of some things first.

Taking out the endings to all games (because that's the biggest gripe on the series)
  • Mass Effect 3 10/10
  • Mass Effect 2 9/10
  • Mass Effect 1 9/10
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda 6/10
The only thing this game has in improved graphics.

The combat is fun, but, the enemies are repetitive and not being able to control your squad is :scusthov:.

Do not get me started on the story. So many missions that force you to go to 4 different planets just to have multiple convos with ppl. Too many elements taken from the trilogy just copied and pasted.

And the open world elements take away WAY more than they add. :beli: The bugs, breh....the bugs.

It's not a bad game, but, it's not worth full price. And these fools will try to sell us DLC :snoop:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Taking out the endings to all games (because that's the biggest gripe on the series)
  • Mass Effect 3 10/10
  • Mass Effect 2 9/10
  • Mass Effect 1 9/10
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda 6/10
The only thing this game has in improved graphics.

The combat is fun, but, the enemies are repetitive and not being able to control your squad is :scusthov:.

Do not get me started on the story. So many missions that force you to go to 4 different planets just to have multiple convos with ppl. Too many elements taken from the trilogy just copied and pasted.

And the open world elements take away WAY more than they add. :beli: The bugs, breh....the bugs.

It's not a bad game, but, it's not worth full price. And these fools will try to sell us DLC :snoop:

Hopefully the bugs are worked and it's on sale during Black Friday because that's when I plan to buy it. I was worried that they would make a less ambitious story because of what happened in the Trilogy. It sounds like that is what happened.

It kind of bums me out that they ditched the Trilogy because they have so much equity in that game. If they just didn't go for the mindfukk ending everything would have been cool.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I was worried that they would make a less ambitious story because of what happened in the Trilogy. It sounds like that is what happened.
New Galaxy

Absent Ancient Race Leaves Terra-forming Tech that just needs to be turned on (behind a wave of enemies)

Big bad guy that wants to destroy the galaxy...because

They played it extra safe.

Buy it, but, not full price