Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
no it ain't. i used to believe that until i played them both again a while back

andromeda falls victim to the fact that it gives you everything but there's nothing worth fighting. also, somehow the team ai is worse than it is in ME2
The combat and graphics are the only things Andromeda have over the trilogy. The AI in ME2 is infinitely worse than Andromeda, because I've never had to revive my squad mates as much in Andromeda. Not to mention Bioware finally adding a jump button was a huge plus. ME2 continues to be the GOAT out of the whole franchise all things considered.

As for N7 day, someone cleared up the audio. Sounds like the Alliance missed something big:huhldup:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The combat and graphics are the only things Andromeda have over the trilogy. The AI in ME2 is infinitely worse than Andromeda, because I've never had to revive my squad mates as much in Andromeda. Not to mention Bioware finally adding a jump button was a huge plus. ME2 continues to be the GOAT out of the whole franchise all things considered.

As for N7 day, someone cleared up the audio. Sounds like the Alliance missed something big:huhldup:

you get a jump button for some lame platforming sections that literally no one asked for

and all those wideopen spaces, an open slate to do what you want with enemies - the best fight in the game is a flying boss. yal might need to take andromeda for another spin because that shyt will make your eyes glaze over

there's so much shyt in there that only looked good on paper. you could play ME3 multiplayer for months after the fact - ME:A's went ass up even with a mobile extension

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah, i loved the combo system with the powers, like trap people in a bubble and light them on fire. Or lift people up and throw them 5000 ft into the air

The increased mobility with the jetpack was a step in the right direction as well. Especially for the big open spaces

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

Apparently they sending ya'll on a wild goose chase for N7 Day :mjlol:

This was cool , tho

ME3 had the best combat mechanics/gameplay though, so I fukks with it. :manny:

Besides the anticlimactic ending and it not being long enough, I don't have any gripes with it.

Once you've played through a game (or read through the synopsis), it's not the story that keeps most folks doing replays, it's the gameplay.

Story: 2 -> 3 -> 1
Gameplay: 3 -> 2 -> 1

2 having the best story?!

The writing was top notch, the characters dope, the story :mjlol:

Grab a bunch of people for a Cerberus mission, because the Alliance don't take you seriously, invade the base of the Collectors...because the Reapers are gonna come a couple months early :laff:

Yes, Mass Effect 3 happens only 6 months before 2

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I don’t hate Andromeda like most of the world; but I also have no attachment to any of the content.

Fixed.

Ya'll gonna have to deal with the fact you like a bad Mass Effect game.

The had to remaster the OT to get people back in their good graces.

You may like stuff about it, but, it's a bad game, objectively.

View attachment 33315

Whoa slow down there. 3 is the worst by a wide margin.

Fred.

Ya'll need to let the ending shyt go.

The Destroy ending is not that bad. I was surprised ppl didn't get mad all over, again with the Legendary Edition

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fixed.

Ya'll gonna have to deal with the fact you like a bad Mass Effect game.

The had to remaster the OT to get people back in their good graces.

You may like stuff about it, but, it's a bad game, objectively.

Ya'll need to let the ending shyt go.

The Destroy ending is not that bad. I was surprised ppl didn't get mad all over, again with the Legendary Edition

We ain't never letting the ending shyt go. :ufdup:
It literally derailed the whole franchise, to the point that the writers were like :patrice:"yeah, that shyt was trash."

But I wasn't even talking about the ending specifically. 3 had a lot of goofy shyt going on, which people would've been able to over look if they stuck the landing.

But on top of all that, they didn't.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

So it seems like humans (or at least one company, Green Dagger) is rebuilding the mass relays and the rest of the universe won't be happy.

godfather-the-godfather[1].gif

Fred.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
2 is my favorite in the trilogy by far but it didn't have a better written main storyline than the original. Truthfully, The Arrival storyline & ending fit better thematically and bridges 1 & 3 perfectly as a main storyline. It is eons more urgent & politically intriguing than the Collectors & the human Reaper baby (especially if Shepard has the Colonist background) but in order to justify the huge cast (that was stellar, btw) they needed the Omega 4-Relay and the suicide mission.

Andromeda was all around a borderline debacle. Lacked any soul and had by far the weakest story & cast in the entire series. The Kett were Beetleborg/Power Ranger-esq level villains coming from the Reapers. That game felt like a Tumblr fanfiction creation. Considering how quickly it was abandoned by BW, I think they agree.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
2 is my favorite in the trilogy by far but it didn't have a better written main storyline than the original. Truthfully, The Arrival storyline & ending fit better thematically and bridges 1 & 3 perfectly as a main storyline. It is eons better & politically intriguing than the Collectors & the human Reaper baby (especially if Shepard has the Colonist background) but in order to justify the huge cast (that was stellar, btw) they needed the Omega 4-Relay and the suicide mission.

Andromeda was all around a borderline debacle. Lacked any soul and had by far the weakest story & cast in the entire series. The Kett were Beetleborg/Power Ranger-esq level villains coming from the Reapers. That game felt like a Tumblr fanfiction creation. Considering how quickly it was abandoned by BW, I think they agree.

The suicide mission was CRACK though. It's one of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming.
People on SOHH were stressed the fukk out over it.:mjlol:

I agree overall with what you're saying though. 2 is the best game, but that doesn't mean it was the best at everything.

Fred.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The suicide mission was CRACK though. It's one of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming.

I agree overall with what you're saying though. 2 is the best game, but that doesn't mean it was the best at everything.

Fred.

Oh no doubt. I'm not debating that at all. I loved the suicide mission. Getting everyone out alive without any guide is one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in gaming. The cast was strong and as a consequence, most of us had a personal, emotional stake in seeing them make it out alive. Tali & Garrus were dying in some runs and people were restarting the whole game. :dead: It was revolutionary at the time, especially knowing the final part was yet to come.

I share your sentiments on ME2. It wasn't without its faults, but I feel it strikes the best balance between the originals emphasis on role-playing & characters, and the later improvements to gameplay in the 3rd. 3 plays better, 1 has the stronger story & RPG elements, but 2 presented with DNA of the best from both & mostly succeeded.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We ain't never letting the ending shyt go. :ufdup:
It literally derailed the whole franchise, to the point that the writers were like :patrice:"yeah, that shyt was trash."

But I wasn't even talking about the ending specifically. 3 had a lot of goofy shyt going on, which people would've been able to over look if they stuck the landing.

But on top of all that, they didn't.

Fred.

Yeah, even if the ending was good, we'd still need to have a serious talk about that Kai Leng bullshyt, fukking over most of the ME2 characters, the plot twist with the Asari that happens so late that it ends up not meaning much of anything at all, the Readiness system relying on the multiplayer that some people didn't want to play, there's a lot.

Fred.

Just due to pacing and effective setup, the Suicide Mission conveys more of a sense of desperation and urgency than the final stretch of ME3, even with the garbage final boss. :dead:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So it seems like humans (or at least one company, Green Dagger) is rebuilding the mass relays and the rest of the universe won't be happy.

View attachment 33320

Fred.
Someone said that they might be building a super relay that'll warp them to the Andromeda system. Also seeing the most of the OG crew not mention N7 day at all makes me wonder if they're not returning. I'm assuming it'll be Shepard, Liara, Garrus, and Tali as part of the new crew, with flashbacks of everyone else.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Someone said that they might be building a super relay that'll warp them to the Andromeda system. Also seeing the most of the OG crew not mention N7 day at all makes me wonder if they're not returning. I'm assuming it'll be Shepard, Liara, Garrus, and Tali as part of the new crew, with flashbacks of everyone else.

Liara is definitely in it, she was in the first teaser for 5.

Asari live something like 1,000 years though so this could be long after the events in 3. They seem to be going with the "destroy" ending (the only ending where Shepard lives) so not bringing him and the rest of the OG cast back would be stupid.

Fred.