Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
2 is amazing and that shyt shut down SOHH when it dropped....but the flaws of the series started with that game.
qq3AiLn[1].png

Fred.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I been fighting the urge to run through the trilogy again but that would stop me from finishing my current lineup:sadbron:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
ME2 is so good man :wow:

The jump in quality from the first as far as gameplay, production & graphics is incredible. They took full advantage of that increased budget. That intro blew my mind the first time I played it. They wasted no time showing you that shyt was getting real.

RIP Presley :wow:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Playing a (Paragon, Spacer/War Hero) Soldier for the first time. So far, I'm finding it bland in comparison to other classes but Shep is a tank.

Negs pending for Soulja slander. Just say you not a shooter and own zero space AR-15's. :camby:

-and-

for being a punk-ass Paragon. :birdman: We bang red this way. :pacspit:

Son Goku

Daps
2 is amazing and that shyt shut down SOHH when it dropped....but the flaws of the series started with that game.

Fred.

2 is also when the combat in the series started to not be ass.
qq3ailn-1-png.33273

Tails.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
me2 is damn near perfect :mjcry: :mjcry:
from start to finish its amazing:mjcry:
damn now i wanna platinum the legendary edition:wow:im missing only 7 trophies to plat it
Even the DLC was GOATED. Hearing Harbinger say “Prepare yourself for the arrival” for the the first time had a chilling feeling with knowing it was going to be a while before ME3 was going to come out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s funny because ME2 did very little to advance the main plot of the series but it’s arguably the best game. Much of it felt like complete filler in retrospect.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
2 is also when the combat in the series started to not be ass.
qq3ailn-1-png.33273

Tails.

1 is a GOAT tier game....but people over looked a lot of flaws due to it being more of a "pure" RPG.

Like Shepard being a seasoned military vet....but can't use weapons properly until you invest skill points.

shyt was goofy. I understand it from a video game stand point but it made zero sense.

:lupe: no news yet

It’s funny because ME2 did very little to advance the main plot of the series but it’s arguably the best game. Much of it felt like complete filler in retrospect.
q3rB2c3[1].png

2 had more story than 1. Cerberus got fleshed out a lot more and we found out why the Reapers target specifics races.

2 also introduced the "dark energy" sub-plot which was originally the motivation for the Reapers, until Drew Karpyshyn left the team.

Fred.

Son Goku

Daps
View attachment 33315

Whoa slow down there. 3 is the worst by a wide margin.

Fred.

ME3 had the best combat mechanics/gameplay though, so I fukks with it. :manny:

Besides the anticlimactic ending and it not being long enough, I don't have any gripes with it.

Once you've played through a game (or read through the synopsis), it's not the story that keeps most folks doing replays, it's the gameplay.

Story: 2 -> 3 -> 1
Gameplay: 3 -> 2 -> 1