Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Liara is definitely in it, she was in the first teaser for 5.

Asari live something like 1,000 years though so this could be long after the events in 3. They seem to be going with the "destroy" ending (the only ending where Shepard lives) so not bringing him and the rest of the OG cast back would be stupid.

Fred.

I dunno, some would've said it would've said it'd be stupid to sideline nearly all of the crew from ME2, in ME3, but they did it.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
So it seems like humans (or at least one company, Green Dagger) is rebuilding the mass relays and the rest of the universe won't be happy.

View attachment 33320

Fred.

Been saying this since I beat Andromeda; Mass Effect 4 should be the fallout of a Reaper-less Milky Way. And ppl going back and forth over the relays is interesting considering Reaper fear AND the fact some of them need them to get back to their home worlds.

Do not pre-plan a trilogy because I don't think a "BIG BAD" will ever outdo the original vision of the Reapers--I don't know if I like the fact they revealed that they're Leviathan Geth, basically.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Been saying this since I beat Andromeda; Mass Effect 4 should be the fallout of a Reaper-less Milky Way. And ppl going back and forth over the relays is interesting considering Reaper fear AND the fact some of them need them to get back to their home worlds.

Do not pre-plan a trilogy because I don't think a "BIG BAD" will ever outdo the original vision of the Reapers--I don't know if I like the fact they revealed that they're Leviathan Geth, basically.
Man I never even played "Leviathan". :mjlol:

I browsed lore videos after it dropped and I was pretty much :camby: with it.

Drew Karpyshyn, the lead writer for "ME" 1 & 2 bounced before 3 and for some inexplicable reason they didn't use his blueprint for the series. The dark energy sub-plot in Tali's loyalty mission in 2 was supposed to tie into the Reapers. Something like, every cycle the races discover biotics and the by-product of biotics is dark energy. Which slowly kills off stars.

So the Reapers kill off all organic life to reset that process, because if they don't dark energy would wipe out the universe.

All that Leviathan shyt was something they pulled out their asses at the last minute. I don't think Karpyshyn got as far as explaining where the Reapers came from, though.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, that little teaser they released apparently had a lot more info than people initially realized. This video sums it up:

To summarize:

1. That's definitely Liara, which we assumed.

2. There is words at the bottom of the pic, which show a captain's name....meaning, that is apparently some sort of relay/ship hybrid. I'll have more info on this in #4.

3. Michael Gamble tweeted out a pic, which shows a Salarian, a Krogan, and a Turian. Also the words "solar" can be seen to the right, which seems to be the same font as "solar electronics" from the 2nd game. Also the buildings look like Illium, the Asari home world.

4. In the same message at the bottom of the pic, with the captain's name is a date, 2190. Which is 4 years after the Reaper War. Meaning the OG crew would all still be alive. :krs:

Fred.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You already know

:mjcry:

’Phew gonna be wondering where Unc is this Christmas.

He at home shooting these mooks in the face because other men were too ignorant to see the light. :lawd:

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
Play Soldier brehs.

triple-h-disgusted.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That killed a bit of the mystique of the Reapers.

Mass Effect 3 in general killed the mystique of the Reapers

They should've never explained them at all.

Stick with the dark energy thing, explain why the Reapers are doing it....but nothing else. Because it doesn't really matter where they came from, or who made them, as long as you understand their motivations.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man it's a long way away from November 7th. I thought we had some news cause this was upped.