Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ME3 had the best combat mechanics/gameplay though, so I fukks with it. :manny:

Besides the anticlimactic ending and it not being long enough, I don't have any gripes with it.

Once you've played through a game (or read through the synopsis), it's not the story that keeps most folks doing replays, it's the gameplay.

Story: 2 -> 3 -> 1
Gameplay: 3 -> 2 -> 1

..........but the combat in Andromeda is better than 3.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Agreed. But we were talking OT and not all 4. :francis:

MEA wasn’t as good of a story but definitely better as TPS.

I don’t hate Andromeda like most of the board; but I also have no attachment to any of the content.
:yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ME3 had the best combat mechanics/gameplay though, so I fukks with it. :manny:

Besides the anticlimactic ending and it not being long enough, I don't have any gripes with it.

Once you've played through a game (or read through the synopsis), it's not the story that keeps most folks doing replays, it's the gameplay.

Story: 2 -> 3 -> 1
Gameplay: 3 -> 2 -> 1

Nah. Well, 3 did have the best gameplay but the story, characters, etc. in an RPG franchise is equally important as the game play. And half of that equation was awful in 3.

Not to mention they pushed the "your choices matter!" angle before the 1st game even came out. The ad campaign for the entire franchise was built on that, which they threw in the bushes in the second half of 3. Hell, it started in 2 but the game was so good nobody cared.

Did you play the series in real time or get on later?

Fred.

Son Goku

Daps
Nah. Well, 3 did have the best gameplay but the story, characters, etc. in an RPG franchise is equally important as the game play. And half of that equation was awful in 3.

Not to mention they pushed the "your choices matter!" angle before the 1st game even came out. The ad campaign for the entire franchise was built on that, which they threw in the bushes in the second half of 3. Hell, it started in 2 but the game was so good nobody cared.

Did you play the series in real time or get on later?

Fred.

"In real time" lol and saying story is equally as important is quite subjective.

I don't watch movies just for the story either, sometimes I just wanna see shyt get fukked up.

We'll just disagree and move on. :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"In real time" lol and saying story is equally as important is quite subjective.

I don't watch movies just for the story either, sometimes I just wanna see shyt get fukked up.

We'll just disagree and move on. :yeshrug:

I'm saying everyone I've seen that says they have less of a problem with 3, got into the series later on. So they're less invested.

Fred.

Son Goku

Daps
I'm saying everyone I've seen that says they have less of a problem with 3, got into the series later on. So they're less invested.

Fred.

Cool. :rudy:

Not sure how coming into a series arbitrarily later would make someone who sinks 100 hours of gameplay (180+ a playthrough for me) into a trology "less invested" but okay...

Again, once I know the story, the story itself means less and less *to me*.

The story won't change after multiple replays, but if the gameplay is meh (ME1) or worse, I won't even get to that point.

Feel free to disagree.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cool. :rudy:

Not sure how coming into a series arbitrarily later would make someone who sinks 100 hours of gameplay (180+ a playthrough for me) into a trology "less invested" but okay...

Again, once I know the story, the story itself means less and less *to me*.

The story won't change after multiple replays, but if the gameplay is meh (ME1) or worse, I won't even get to that point.

Feel free to disagree.
My guy, why you getting offended? :mjlol:

Somebody that got into the series later would probably know less about how much the choices/character/story angle was pushed in the ad campaign. So they would most likely care less about all that.

It would be like EA bragging about how close to a real life NBA game their game play is....then the shyt is "NBA Jam". If you only care about the game play then you aren't going to give a damn that what you got, isn't what was advertised.

I dunno how what I said is offensive. I have no idea when you got into the series, I'm telling you what I've noticed talking to people about it.

Fred.

Son Goku

Daps
My guy, why you getting offended? :mjlol:

Somebody that got into the series later would probably know less about how much the choices/character/story angle was pushed in the ad campaign. So they would most likely care less about all that.

It would be like EA bragging about how close to a real life NBA game their game play is....then the shyt is "NBA Jam". If you only care about the game play then you aren't going to give a damn that what you got, isn't what was advertised.

I dunno how what I said is offensive. I have no idea when you got into the series, I'm telling you what I've noticed talking to people about it.

Fred.

Never said I was offended but all these posts you typed were pointless.

I been ran through each game in full at least about 12 times each @ 60+ hours a pop. You telling me what other folks think or how they perceive a game I been done played is pointless.
:gucci:

We both like the series, right? We can leave it at that.

If I said I liked a movie franchise we both like for the action, you over here telling me the script is just as important.

tl;dr: Not offended, just annoyed.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
ME1by the end, I honestly had such ridiculously high hopes for the story in future games. Feel like the series never got close to that high again. Was let down by how the story continued in the next games, but still an all time series for me.
Also I miss the grenades from ME1. Felt like some Star Trek shyt

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never said I was offended but all these posts you typed were pointless.

I been ran through each game in full at least about 12 times each @ 60+ hours a pop. You telling me what other folks think or how they perceive a game I been done played is pointless.
:gucci:

We both like the series, right? We can leave it at that.

If I said I liked a movie franchise we both like for the action, you over here telling me the script is just as important.

tl;dr: Not offended, just annoyed.

Nah, breh need to keep pressing you as recompense for fukking with other brehs over not playing Soldier. :troll:

Son Goku

Daps
Nah, breh need to keep pressing you as recompense for fukking with other brehs over not playing Soldier. :troll:

The Definitive Ranking Of The Characters In Friday | Its friday quotes,  Quotes, Ranking

And as much as I like Souljas, I get it, a lot of dudes playing ME can't shoot like that. I was playing Halo and shyt before ME so it's second nature for me to be a shooter. :wow: As long as you're not an Adept or funky-ass Engineer, we're good. :obama:

But he's really not "pressing" me at all, just wasting his time typing tryna explain shyt that has nothing to do with me in this thread.

Gameplay >>> Story in an action RPG to me, especially if the story doesn't change (a la Dragon Age). :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
no it ain't. i used to believe that until i played them both again a while back

andromeda falls victim to the fact that it gives you everything but there's nothing worth fighting. also, somehow the team ai is worse than it is in ME2