Official March Madness 2023 thread

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: saw this tweet after Ocho responded
i dont think Dawn got out coached. yes Im pretty sure she didnt think Iowa was gonna go the not guard their players route and leave them open.
but SC adjusted and knew what their advantage was and played to that advantage. Iowa just was better tonite

2legit

Superstar
Daps

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Clark got a Covid year. If I was her, I'm staying 2 more years and breaking all the records. Win a College 3 Peat and make $10 Million in NIL because going to the WNBA is like going to Siberia.

Iowa’s Caitlin Clark Considering Playing Five College Seasons​

It’s a no brainer , if she go number 1 her salary is 72k

Angel Reese gonna do the same she gonna make a lot of bread she got charisma and she look good

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
For people who don't follow women's basketball, I will explain how Iowa was able to win.

1. South Carolina wins with depth, size and defense. They only had 2 players average double figures. Boston wasn't the leading scorer. They wear teams down with physicality and depth. They're not a high scoring team, but they hold teams to under 60 points.

2. Iowa knew they wasn't going to out rebound them. which means South Carolina was going to get more shots. They countered by picking up the pace of play and when South Carolina scored, they immediately pushed the ball before their defense could set up. South Carolina is a half court team on offense and defense. They either drive for a close shot or throw the ball in the post.

3. Iowa didn't defend the 3 point shooters, because South Carolina isn't a three point team. And they shoot poorly from the field. They played it by the numbers. It was better to give up low percentage shots than have to defend their front court players and risk giving up easier shots, or worse, offensive rebounds, put backs and the foul.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For people who don't follow women's basketball, I will explain how Iowa was able to win.

1. South Carolina wins with depth, size and defense. They only had 2 players average double figures. Boston wasn't the leading scorer. They wear teams down with physicality and depth. They're not a high scoring team, but they hold teams to under 60 points.

2. Iowa knew they wasn't going to out rebound them. which means South Carolina was going to get more shots. They countered by picking up the pace of play and when South Carolina scored, they immediately pushed the ball before their defense could set up. South Carolina is a half court team on offense and defense. They either drive for a close shot or throw the ball in the post.

3. Iowa didn't defend the 3 point shooters, because South Carolina isn't a three point team. And they shoot poorly from the field. They played it by the numbers. It was better to give up low percentage shots than have to defend their front court players and risk giving up easier shots, or worse, offensive rebounds, put backs and the foul.

Good breakdown :ehh:

Daps

This low key reminded me of Hoop Dreams when Arthur led Marshall against King High school.

King was better on paper and had a MUCH bigger squad but Marshall was just carving them up.

Have any teams tried the Iowa strategy against SC? Obviously having someone like CC makes a big difference because she can get buckets and find open shooters....but you'd think someone would have tried this before. They looked like a team that couldn't hit a shot outside 12 feet.