))))Official March Madness 2021 Thread((((

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I’m not talking about their rookie seasons. I’m referring to their respective draft stocks
James Wiseman was the number two pick last season after playing eight games. Lamelo Ball went number three after not playing in the USA for two years.

It won’t impact their draft stock. NBA talent evaluators don’t care that much. It’s us fans that take stock in this but forget about it as soon as things pop off during the NBA season.
All I'll say about this debate is what I've been saying since Cade started getting hype. I'm going need for ya'll nikkas to stop telling these dudes to skip college. They losing money long term by doing it.
Unless you have actual data to back this up, stop it.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He doesn't need to as more people actually knew who he was before the college season even started unlike Suggs ... which is why he can skip collegiate basketball all together and still be regarded as a top 5 player in his class ... Suggs was the one needing to play catch up here :yeshrug:
Green needed to prove more on the court because his popularity stemmed from the fact that teenage girls love him. There were more warts in what Green needed to do than Suggs (if anything he’s been the safe pick out of the 5). To his credit, he did in G-League.

I personally think top 5 will all come down to who’s picking where anyway

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
James Wiseman was the number two pick last season after playing eight games. Lamelo Ball went number three after not playing in the USA for two years.

It won’t impact their draft stock. NBA talent evaluators don’t care that much. It’s us fans that take stock in this but forget about it as soon as things pop off during the NBA season.

only empirical data for now but that's why I said this coming draft will be real telling. Jalen Green balled his ass off in the gleague 18, 4, 3 on 46% and 37% from 3 in 15 games. There should be way more noise about that but crickets. Not a single thread on here. Barely any twitter mentions. No mention on any of the top sports shows. But guess what's going to be the lead story come Monday on all those shows. As a Wizards fan I hope Green falls because with our draft luck we not going get a top 5 pick anyways smh. If Lamelo played in college he'd probably been the #1 pick. The difference between going #1 and #3 is $10 million over the length of the rookie contract (also not including money lost in endorsement negotiations as we know there's a different branding when you're the "#1 pick"). He made $500k in that one year in Australia. RJ Hampton fell all the way to 24 only making $11 million on his rookie deal. A nice NCAA showing could have had him as a top 10 pick minimum which would be at least $10 million more than what he's making now and again not including endorsements.

Last edited:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
only empirical data for now but that's why I said this coming draft will be real telling. Jalen Green balled his ass off in the gleague 18, 4, 3 on 46% and 37% from 3 in 15 games. There should be way more noise about that but crickets. Not a single thread on here. Barely any twitter mentions. No mention on any of the top sports shows. But guess what's going to be the lead story come Monday on all those shows. As a Wizards fan I hope Green falls because with our draft luck we not going get a top 5 pick anyways smh. If Lamelo played in college he'd probably been the #1 pick.
Wait until college hoops over and NBA draft process starts then youll hear about him. NO one will care about these kids and what they did after monday. Look at Cade no one talking about him anymore either. Once draft process starts then well hear about Green and everyone else

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
once workouts and combines all this will be forgotten. Hype train is nice during tourney but teams wont pass on more talented player for "hype" unless you are the kings
When both are very equal, tournaments like this one tend to give one prospect a leg up. Last year everyone was in the same boat because whether you played 3 games like Wiseman or 30 like Toppin, there was no postseason to add to your film.

If this was like a year ago, someone like Johnny Juzang would have to go back to UCLA because he had no stock prior to the tournament. Now, even if his workouts and combines disappoint, scouts will weigh his Final Four enough to still take him in the first round and he’s not going back.

Davion Mitchell without the tourney is at best a 2nd rounder who gets relegated to the G-League because he’s 22. Now you’re seeing boards consider him in the top 20 in spite of the fact that he’s 22.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Wait until college hoops over and NBA draft process starts then youll hear about him. NO one will care about these kids and what they did after monday. Look at Cade no one talking about him anymore either. Once draft process starts then well hear about Green and everyone else
Don't need to wait because the effect isn't just there draft stock. These guys can make more in endorsements than their rookie contract pays them and playing in the NCAA plays a major role in that. Here's the top 5 players in the 2020 high school class:

1. James Wiseman 2nd overall pick $39.6 million
2. Cole Anthony 15th overall $15.9 million
3. Isiaiah Stewart 16th overall pick $15 million
4. Anthony Edwards 1st overall $44.2 million
5. RJ Hampton 24th overall $11.1 million

Also how about dudes in that class that didn't have much of a name before college:

20. Onyeka Okongwu picked 6th overall $26.4 million
40. Isaac Okoro picked 5th overall $29 million
28. Patrick Williams 4th overall $32 million

Guess which one skipped college. And some of these dudes barely played any games but having that film and that name attached still helped them. g
Lmao @ this disgusting lie in the bolded ..

Old Head in here still trying to fight for this outdated logic :mjlol: nikka must be a booster and is now seeing his little scam of pimping these kids out to the highest bidder drying the fukk up...sad
Nah I'm the one who isn't going to gas these kids heads up and will give them the best advice to solidy their futures. You guys love "sticking it to the man" but only support players when they make the decision to forgeo college and stop supporting them after. Ya'll don'twatch or talk about them afterwards yet love making threads about NCAA players. Please make that make sense? Not a single thread on this Gleague season when you have plenty of top high school recruits playing Jalen Green, Kuminga, etc but Cade Cunningham scores 20 points at Oklahoma State and there's 10 threads of how he should be the #1 pick. well Jalen Green did that 15 times against competition 10 times more difficult...crickets

I believe NCAA should be paying these players too. But even if the NCAA is only going to pay $200k versus $500k overseas the value is still much greater in the NCAA. You can't put a price on that viewership.

If you guys want these guys to not play in the NCAA then stop talking about the NCAA. This has been my point you guys want these athletes to make all the sacrifice on themselves but ya'll not willing to back them up with dollars and at the very least viewership.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Like I said in a earlier post this gonna be a true clash of styles...Baylors depth is making me lean towards them, they play such a relentless attacking style there isn't much of a drop off from the s5 to the bench rotation..Zags will have to come out the gates hot for sure..I'm lookin forward to it but it sucks they only give them a day to prepare....

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
:russ: I love them. Raftery is my favorite college commentator though, along with Gus. I certainly don't miss the curmudgeonly commentary of ol Billy Packer in these championship games. He would have absolutely ruined this moment.
nah I miss packer. Packer had excellent insight into what was happening and could see how the game would develop. Miss dude a lot.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
only empirical data for now but that's why I said this coming draft will be real telling. Jalen Green balled his ass off in the gleague 18, 4, 3 on 46% and 37% from 3 in 15 games. There should be way more noise about that but crickets. Not a single thread on here. Barely any twitter mentions. No mention on any of the top sports shows. But guess what's going to be the lead story come Monday on all those shows. As a Wizards fan I hope Green falls because with our draft luck we not going get a top 5 pick anyways smh. If Lamelo played in college he'd probably been the #1 pick. The difference between going #1 and #3 is $10 million over the length of the rookie contract (also not including money lost in endorsement negotiations as we know there's a different branding when you're the "#1 pick"). He made $500k in that one year in Australia. RJ Hampton fell all the way to 24 only making $11 million on his rookie deal. A nice NCAA showing could have had him as a top 10 pick minimum which would be at least $10 million more than what he's making now and again not including endorsements.
Yeah, but you talking about losing money and draft stock. What is the correlation that RJ Hampton would have starred in college ball last season and he a higher pick? I remember Kelly Oubre came out of HS as the best player in the country but fell to us at 15 because his season at Kansas showed he wasn’t the elite talent he was thought prior and the NBA workouts showed that as well.

If Jalen Green is as beastly as the high school talent evaluators say he is, he will be a top pick and get those shoe deals, etc.

There is no correlation between the Coli takes and how NBA scouts view these players.

If you just want to see the best talents play college ball, say that. Trying to add that these games matter in NBA scouting or that a player will lose money is not founded in any reality.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Green needed to prove more on the court because his popularity stemmed from the fact that teenage girls love him. There were more warts in what Green needed to do than Suggs (if anything he’s been the safe pick out of the 5). To his credit, he did in G-League.

I personally think top 5 will all come down to who’s picking where anyway
The bolded is an absurd falsehood...Pre-Collegiate season there was 0 consensus around the idea that Jalen Suggs was a better prospect or basketball player than Jalen Green ...to claim that Green had "more to prove" is an outright lie ... Suggs was ranked below Green their entire amateur career UNTIL the first month or so of the NCAA season ..So whether we're talking about on court reputation or off the court popularity there was no world were Suggs wasn't playing catch-up to Green (which to Suggs credit he has done a good job at) but yeah claiming that Green needs a "hype train" relative to Suggs completely ignores Greens pre-existing reputation which surpassed Suggs a long time ago ... if we're talking "marketability" I'll take the Kid that already has 1.2 million followers on Instagram who as you said already has casual engagement from demographics outside of hardcore sports fans since he was like 15 years old ...thats the kid thats going to move product and on the court his hype has him cemented as one of the top 5 talents in the 2021 class without playing a single minute of college ball ... so what are we talking about here brutha :francis:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Don't need to wait because the effect isn't just there draft stock. These guys can make more in endorsements than their rookie contract pays them and playing in the NCAA plays a major role in that. Here's the top 5 players in the 2020 high school class:

1. James Wiseman 2nd overall pick $39.6 million
2. Cole Anthony 15th overall $15.9 million
3. Isiaiah Stewart 16th overall pick $15 million
4. Anthony Edwards 1st overall $44.2 million
5. RJ Hampton 24th overall $11.1 million

Also how about dudes in that class that didn't have much of a name before college:

20. Onyeka Okongwu picked 6th overall $26.4 million
40. Isaac Okoro picked 5th overall $29 million
28. Patrick Williams 4th overall $32 million

Guess which one skipped college. And some of these dudes barely played any games but having that film and that name attached still helped them. g

Nah I'm the one who isn't going to gas these kids heads up and will give them the best advice to solidy their futures. You guys love "sticking it to the man" but only support players when they make the decision to forgeo college and stop supporting them after. Ya'll don'twatch or talk about them afterwards yet love making threads about NCAA players. Please make that make sense? Not a single thread on this Gleague season when you have plenty of top high school recruits playing Jalen Green, Kuminga, etc but Cade Cunningham scores 20 points at Oklahoma State and there's 10 threads of how he should be the #1 pick. well Jalen Green did that 15 times against competition 10 times more difficult...crickets

I believe NCAA should be paying these players too. But even if the NCAA is only going to pay $200k versus $500k overseas the value is still much greater in the NCAA. You can't put a price on that viewership.

If you guys want these guys to not play in the NCAA then stop talking about the NCAA. This has been my point you guys want these athletes to make all the sacrifice on themselves but ya'll not willing to back them up with dollars and at the very least viewership.
Why you not posting Lamelo $? also you are comparing a pick in the 20s to lotto picks.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

facts

ben simmons went #1 and he couldn't take LSU to the tournament his freshman year