))))Official March Madness 2021 Thread((((

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Nah I'm the one who isn't going to gas these kids heads up and will give them the best advice to solidy their futures. You guys love "sticking it to the man" but only support players when they make the decision to forgeo college and stop supporting them after. Ya'll don'twatch or talk about them afterwards yet love making threads about NCAA players. Please make that make sense? Not a single thread on this Gleague season when you have plenty of top high school recruits playing Jalen Green, Kuminga, etc but Cade Cunningham scores 20 points at Oklahoma State and there's 10 threads of how he should be the #1 pick. well Jalen Green did that 15 times against competition 10 times more difficult...crickets

Bro what are you even rambling about?? you're mad because nikkas don't make internet chat board threads on amateur basketball prospects :mjlol: nikka are you serious?? Jalen Green has 1.2 million followers on IG and you're talking about some damn coli threads LMAO... Like I said dog anyone still clinging to this ancient ideology of college being the only positive vessel to a professional future has to have a personal financial incentive to be spreading such verifiable lies in the year 2021 ... LYING to these kids and telling them that they NEED to be exploited to have a professional career is not "helping" them ... FOH ...notice how in your little cherry picked list of guys you claimed "rose" in stock due to the NCAA season you don't display any of the top prospects who's status has been wrecked because of their showing on the collegiate level ... you think BJ Boston is still considered the same level of prospect he was at this same time last year?... Ohh thats right crickets I wonder why that name didn't come up ...guys from last year like Cole Anthony Vernon Carey Jr Jaden McDaniels Nico Manion Mathew Hurt etc etc etc who all saw their stock PLUMMET after a year in college are nowhere to be found in your little analysis yet you think you're making a coherent point?? nikka stop ... you're clearly on the take ..sounding like an out of touch old head from 1992

I believe NCAA should be paying these players too. But even if the NCAA is only going to pay $200k versus $500k overseas the value is still much greater in the NCAA. You can't put a price on that viewership.

Like I said old head ... this is another indication that you're either out of touch with modern content ingestion or you're getting paid from the collegiate industrial complex ... you have millions of accessible viewers thru digital media platforms that know who these kids are before they even touch a college campus and yet you still think NCAA tournament viewership is one of the primary drivers of their draft status lol ... can you tell me how many tournament games #1 pick Ben Simmons played in again sir:mjlol:

If you guys want these guys to not play in the NCAA then stop talking about the NCAA. This has been my point you guys want these athletes to make all the sacrifice on themselves but ya'll not willing to back them up with dollars and at the very least viewership.
This last part is literal incoherent babble... WTF are you even saying ...the only reason these kids are FORCED into college is because its against the rules in the NBA to go directly from HS to the pro yet you're rambling about people on a sports chat board talking about college basketball being the cause of amateurs playing the NCAA... please go have a seat old head... you're embarrassing yourself :mjlol:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The bolded is an absurd falsehood...Pre-Collegiate season there was 0 consensus around the idea that Jalen Suggs was a better prospect or basketball player than Jalen Green ...to claim that Green had "more to prove" is an outright lie ... Suggs was ranked below Green their entire amateur career UNTIL the first month or so of the NCAA season ..So whether we're talking about on court reputation or off the court popularity there was no world were Suggs wasn't playing catch-up to Green (which to Suggs credit he has done a good job at) but yeah claiming that Green needs a "hype train" relative to Suggs completely ignores Greens pre-existing reputation which surpassed Suggs a long time ago ... if we're talking "marketability" I'll take the Kid that already has 1.2 million followers on Instagram who as you said already has casual engagement from demographics outside of hardcore sports fans since he was like 15 years old ...thats the kid thats going to move product and on the court his hype has him cemented as one of the top 5 talents in the 2021 class without playing a single minute of college ball ... so what are we talking about here brutha :francis:
most of what you just posted I haven't mentioned in any way.

Was Green ranked higher than Suggs? Mostly yes. Do I (and in this conversation, I'm talking about my opinion of these players) think he had more to prove? Yes. I think Green is a more flawed player than Suggs. Evan Mobley has been a top 5 prospect throughout this process and he's as flawed as anyone. I have a different opinion of this class in general and how they were ranked.

I'm not worried about their marketability. My favorite prospect of the top 5 might be the least marketable one in Kuminga. What happens in the pros happens. Once they get drafted, all that stuff means less if they ain't shyt.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

This is BS. Suggs was always going top 5 since his early games and has been in the 2-3 discussions for months. Jalen Green and Kuminga are still going top 5 and depending on the work outs higher.

The top 5 talent has been apparent all season.

He can’t even argue this for Corey Kispert because Kispert wouldn’t have been invited to the G-League so of course his value is connected to the NCAA and he’s been mocked a lottery draft for months now.

Nix would have been just as exposed in the NCAA and he is still a first rounder......

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
is it just me, or was the draft board boring this year, up until a few weeks ago???

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I've hated Gonzaga for 20 some odd years and I always will :pacspit:

1, to me they have :mjpls: recruiting practices. They tend to gravitate towards certain types of players if you catch my drift :sas2:

2. cacs always like cheering for em :leostare:

3. fukk em, just because :manny:

that's all :jawalrus:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Don't need to wait because the effect isn't just there draft stock. These guys can make more in endorsements than their rookie contract pays them and playing in the NCAA plays a major role in that. Here's the top 5 players in the 2020 high school class:

1. James Wiseman 2nd overall pick $39.6 million
2. Cole Anthony 15th overall $15.9 million
3. Isiaiah Stewart 16th overall pick $15 million
4. Anthony Edwards 1st overall $44.2 million
5. RJ Hampton 24th overall $11.1 million

Also how about dudes in that class that didn't have much of a name before college:

20. Onyeka Okongwu picked 6th overall $26.4 million
40. Isaac Okoro picked 5th overall $29 million
28. Patrick Williams 4th overall $32 million

Guess which one skipped college. And some of these dudes barely played any games but having that film and that name attached still helped them. g

Nah I'm the one who isn't going to gas these kids heads up and will give them the best advice to solidy their futures. You guys love "sticking it to the man" but only support players when they make the decision to forgeo college and stop supporting them after. Ya'll don'twatch or talk about them afterwards yet love making threads about NCAA players. Please make that make sense? Not a single thread on this Gleague season when you have plenty of top high school recruits playing Jalen Green, Kuminga, etc but Cade Cunningham scores 20 points at Oklahoma State and there's 10 threads of how he should be the #1 pick. well Jalen Green did that 15 times against competition 10 times more difficult...crickets

I believe NCAA should be paying these players too. But even if the NCAA is only going to pay $200k versus $500k overseas the value is still much greater in the NCAA. You can't put a price on that viewership.

If you guys want these guys to not play in the NCAA then stop talking about the NCAA. This has been my point you guys want these athletes to make all the sacrifice on themselves but ya'll not willing to back them up with dollars and at the very least viewership.
It's too early in an alternative process to compare it to the NCAA experience and exposure, and the first guys to make that journey are going to experience a bit of sacrifice. I don't think this is a reason to shyt on their decision if you are genuinely interested in real change to the NCAA. The trailblazers are going to take some losses for bigger wins down the line:yeshrug:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
facts

ben simmons went #1 and he couldn't take LSU to the tournament his freshman year

Markelle went #1 and Washington was the worst team in the Pac-12

Anthony Edwards went #1 and Georgia was a .500 team that would've missed the tournament if it happened

Ayton went #1 and Arizona got blown out in the 1st round