Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Smollet so nice on the eyes I’m looking for the imaginary nikkax who beat up her brother and people worried about some fassyhole shyt. Fast Forward

Apparently you like fassyholes, cause that shyt just destroys the momentum of what started out as a fantastic and somewhat original concept.

Lex218

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who wishes this was a "regular" action/drama show? :ld:

Dont get me wrong. I had never heard of Lovecraft before this show and I've heard what's it about so I understand this show wouldn't be Lovrcraft without the book. :whoa:
I just think wish you could take the exact same plot/era/ setting and remove the horror/sci fi element?

Dont neg me bruhs. I love this show. :noah:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Show is some mid and all over the place. I know some people are expecting it all to come together but I’m not. I can’t even think of a show that’s done a good job putting all the pieces together after being confusing as fukk all season. Most shows drop the ball. I used to tell Lost fanboys back in the day that the show was going nowhere only to get flamed on message boards for an opinion.

Speaking of... I told some nikka last week that I could see black folks dropping this show after being hyped about episode 1. I received an essay response in return. I stand by my opinion tho. The few people I know who do watch this show are one more episode away from throwing their hands up and being done with it.

Lastly, gay sex scene wasn’t needed. Nobody cares about Montrose’s sexual urges. The fact it wasn’t in the book makes it even more blatant.
If it wasn’t for the fact that this is a Black sci fi show, I’ve would have dropped it. It just fukking disappoints me because we need more shows in this genre.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
the minute I sense something crazy coming along I fast forward :yeshrug:
I’m pissed cause without the homo shyt, the bones of the episode was damn good. Just saying, the more you allow this shyt by “just fast forwarding”, worse it’ll get. Hell, it don’t matter anyway I guess...shyt is probably a losing battle with these networks

Daps
I’m pissed cause without the homo shyt, the bones of the episode was damn good. Just saying, the more you allow this shyt by “just fast forwarding”, worse it’ll get. Hell, it don’t matter anyway I guess...shyt is probably a losing battle with these networks

tenor.gif

She’s what I want on my plate
That’s my takeaway from the show

There are gay people
I’m not concerned with all that
This isn’t a gay show
If there was more gay scenes than anything else then it would be too much to fast forward thru per show

I don’t get wrapped up in things that aren’t meant for me

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it wasn’t for the fact that this is a Black sci fi show, I’ve would have dropped it. It just fukking disappoints me because we need more shows in this genre.

They only pull this nonsense everytime on shows with a prominent black cast and ones that tackle black subject matter. Can't even relax and enjoy the show if you gotta worry about having the remote in your hand on the fast forward button at all times. Its ridiculous. Thats not entertaining to me. If I gotta do that then I would rather not watch at all.

I Just started watching raised by wolves and at least I can chill and watch a sci-fi story without worrying about random butt sex scenes popping up. They only force that into black shows.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yoooo I just watched ep 5
Not what I was expecting at all
I can't say I didn't expect this from Mischa Green after Underground but still I'm kinda tired of all the black spectrum homosex being thrown into stuff anytime a black man is having sex in something. Its like oh we can't have too much masculinity in this let's give the lgbt something as well

Also I'd have to throw Ruby in the bushes for that being a women or being black bs
I thought Letti was bad but at least she's legit about her people Ruby on some :mjgrin: I want to be a white woman
Calling other black women ashy is tacky as hell too

Only thing so far I can give this show props for is it is the only show on TV with no white saviors and that's its strength above all else.
I'd take Montrose being gay and Tic being another messed up abusive black man as long as they keep all the white people in this show as evil

I still amazed they had that man spit in his hand so raw
Just nasty

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The dichotomy between George and Montrose is startling. I totally understand they grew up different, but George's relationship with Atticus and Leti, his demeanor....just the way he moves around, polar opposite of Montrose. And that has nothing to do with his sexuality. George carried himself like one of those all-knowing guides with a wealth of knowledge that knew how to address most situations. Montrose has knowledge of what's going on, but he is using it for his benefit and withholding how he knows this info

George got the Sean Connery in Indiana Jones calmness about him where u know he seen all this shyt before and it make everyone around him comfortable. Seeing as there are a lot of adventure tales in this show.. they are missing him heavy

Daps
Am I the only one who wishes this was a "regular" action/drama show? :ld:

Dont get me wrong. I had never heard of Lovecraft before this show and I've heard what's it about so I understand this show wouldn't be Lovrcraft without the book. :whoa:
I just think wish you could take the exact same plot/era/ setting and remove the horror/sci fi element?

Dont neg me bruhs. I love this show. :noah:

i feel you. Realized early on this wasnt for ME but i was curious, now im invested and will see it through.

The cast and time period is A1. The story right now is all over the place.