Official Lovecraft Country Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Can someone explain to me who Tic was on the phone with at the end and why was he bugging out about spelling out D-I-E and what he meant by "How'd You Know??" and "Well Are You?". shyt was confusing...
Also I download the ep so I fastfowarded through all that fun boy activity :ehh:

5 eps deep and this Season is a cool 6.5 to me so far. How many episodes we got left?? :lupe:

10 episode season, so 5 more.

Tic told Leti he had a relationship with a woman in Korea, but they ended things. I'm assuming that's who he was talking to on the phone at the end and she possibly gave him some kind of warning about going home, as alluded to in the 1st episode. Also why he freaked out about the DIE part, but the preview for next week seems like they will explain in detail.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm still invested in the show... but someone explain to me how his father being a tranny smashing homo is vital to the story? Does any one in the production timeline have the balls to step and say " Hey. Ya'll. This is pretty dumb. Let's go in a different direction" Because at this point, there's basically a "woke" TV checklist these days; and you takes you out of the show when it's so blatant.

I guess they wanted to play up the parallelism of one type of character "passing" as another type of character at the same time.
Now that I think of it its not really all THAT inconsistent with other things we have seen on the show. A lot of times we see a "supernatural" thing, that is parallel to a real-world thing in the same episode. So in one episode we see monster cops hiding in the forest, then we see supernatural monsters in the forest. Or we'll see characters creating a real "guide book", then we'll see a cult using a supernatural guide book called "The book of names".

In the latest episode, we see "drag queens" pretending to be women, then we see a witch woman wearing the skin of a man.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Show is some mid and all over the place. I know some people are expecting it all to come together but I’m not. I can’t even think of a show that’s done a good job putting all the pieces together after being confusing as fukk all season. Most shows drop the ball. I used to tell Lost fanboys back in the day that the show was going nowhere only to get flamed on message boards for an opinion.

Speaking of... I told some nikka last week that I could see black folks dropping this show after being hyped about episode 1. I received an essay response in return. I stand by my opinion tho. The few people I know who do watch this show are one more episode away from throwing their hands up and being done with it.

Lastly, gay sex scene wasn’t needed. Nobody cares about Montrose’s sexual urges. The fact it wasn’t in the book makes it even more blatant.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Watching now and came into the thread just to see responses to this :russ:

them playing frank ocean during it too :dead:

This show sucks at subtlety. The Frank Ocean music is a perfect example. They have to beat you over the head with it. “See they’re gay! Now let’s play a gay black male artist in the background!”

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This was a good episode besides the graphic bussy scene but like the brehs in here said FF past the zestiness. There is something sexy bout The blonde broad playing the cult dudes sister

:shaq:
I was thinking the same thing and finally figured out what it was last night. She looks like a 'Blacked' actress.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I guess they wanted to play up the parallelism of one type of character "passing" as another type of character at the same time.
Now that I think of it its not really all THAT inconsistent with other things we have seen on the show. A lot of times we see a "supernatural" thing, that is parallel to a real-world thing in the same episode. So in one episode we see monster cops hiding in the forest, then we see supernatural monsters in the forest. Or we'll see characters creating a real "guide book", then we'll see a cult using a supernatural guide book called "The book of names".

In the latest episode, we see "drag queens" pretending to be women, then we see a witch woman wearing the skin of a man.
This was the only episode that really focused on 'passing'. And that theme was clear without any of the secret gay stuff. It was shoehorned in and the FO background music should have clued you into that. It doesn't matter that they "found a way" to mix it into the story. It does nothing to ENHANCE the story.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't give up on shows typically halfway through the season. I finish the season and then decide if I wanna view the next one. There's a lot of qualities to the show that I do like so I can definitely get through 5 more and then decide.