Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I finally finshed ep 5.

They really should have made Montrose a more likable character before the reveal. Him being gay/bi as some cure-all for his behavior doesn’t wash.

The body horror of Ruby’s transformation was great.

So only dead people can be used for the transformation? Christina became William after he died? The white woman who Ruby played was also the farmer woman in episode 2.

The Korea ep should be good.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess they wanted to play up the parallelism of one type of character "passing" as another type of character at the same time.
Now that I think of it its not really all THAT inconsistent with other things we have seen on the show. A lot of times we see a "supernatural" thing, that is parallel to a real-world thing in the same episode. So in one episode we see monster cops hiding in the forest, then we see supernatural monsters in the forest. Or we'll see characters creating a real "guide book", then we'll see a cult using a supernatural guide book called "The book of names".

In the latest episode, we see "drag queens" pretending to be women, then we see a witch woman wearing the skin of a man.

Yea i can see that. In the beginning he was talking about metamorphing like a damn power ranger and gay folks talk about coming out as a transformation so yea i get it but damn im glad i had it dvr’d and didnt have to experience omar pull a gay version of the belly scene live

:russ:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Someone mentioned to look up the director of this episode....of course, it makes sense now:
65828885-D813-4-F6-C-ACED-4-C56090-A93-BE.jpg

6-F3-E7-BBA-A233-462-E-976-E-8-D90-B5-CACB4-B.jpg

Cheryl Dunye

Blame these hard dyke mutations for being the joo’s secret weapons against black masculinity in film.
Especially this brolic face muncher
F30-AF511-9-E94-4-F5-B-BE41-33-A389083-F35.jpg

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:what:Man, this episode was damn near a throwaway. Confirmed my suspicion about Montrose :dame: and about white dude and white girl. Season is halfway over, so I'm invested now and can't properly eject.

You know I was thinking last night. The show was much better when it was Atticus, letti, and uncle George. Idk what kinda show they running now

The dichotomy between George and Montrose is startling. I totally understand they grew up different, but George's relationship with Atticus and Leti, his demeanor....just the way he moves around, polar opposite of Montrose. And that has nothing to do with his sexuality. George carried himself like one of those all-knowing guides with a wealth of knowledge that knew how to address most situations. Montrose has knowledge of what's going on, but he is using it for his benefit and withholding how he knows this info

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This was the only episode that really focused on 'passing'. And that theme was clear without any of the secret gay stuff. It was shoehorned in and the FO background music should have clued you into that. It doesn't matter that they "found a way" to mix it into the story. It does nothing to ENHANCE the story.

I meant that the supernatural things refer to something in the same episode each time. I didn't mean an overall multi episode theme.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Someone mentioned to look up the director of this episode....of course, it makes sense now:
65828885-D813-4-F6-C-ACED-4-C56090-A93-BE.jpg

6-F3-E7-BBA-A233-462-E-976-E-8-D90-B5-CACB4-B.jpg

Cheryl Dunye

Blame these hard dyke mutations for being the joo’s secret weapons against black masculinity in film.
Especially this brolic face muncher
F30-AF511-9-E94-4-F5-B-BE41-33-A389083-F35.jpg

Funny cause I’m seeing a low boil dislike of how the LGBTQ stuff is being handled since they killed that intersex, indigenous woman.

But I don’t think people want to come down on a minority led show. Same thing happened with Lena and Chi. Anyone else would have gotten way worse blowback for set issues.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA