Official Lovecraft Country Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
First, wtf is this show bruh. What is it trying to accomplish?

This shyt is all over the fukking place.

fukk this Montrose nikka... I don’t even care he’s a bussy lover, I didn’t understand shyt going with him in the first place. I’m actually glad Tic beat his ass..

What was the point of showing him being gay meant in the first place? Just to show it? Just to show another black dude being gay? HBO on this bullshyt too It seems but even worse it’s a “black” show... guaranteed it’s written by a woman..

And why the fukk did he kill the tranny/hermaphridite in the last episode? Literally no fukking explanation unless I missed it.

And the whats up with this chick transforming into into this white chick? Then did she rape this white dude in the ass with her heels :gucci:

And what was the fukking purpose of adding Cardi B’s music to it... I mean I don’t care about what she did but... why? Wtf does it have to do with anything?

Im almost embarrassed to say I watch this shyt

This show has one more episode before I completely act like it doesn’t exist. I don’t understand how you go from the first episode to this... and this isn’t even the worst episode

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And we knew the white chick was old boy... but for what?

I’m actually not pressed about that though... nor about that dumbass call in the end with that lame ass “intense” music.

I feel like we’re not going to get explanations about anything, anytime soon.

If it wasn’t for episode 1 I would’ve bushed this

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
And we knew the white chick was old boy... but for what?

I’m actually not pressed about that though... nor about that dumbass call in the end with that lame ass “intense” music.

I feel like we’re not going to get explanations about anything, anytime soon.

If it wasn’t for episode 1 I would’ve bushed this
They hinted in the conversation that the white dude was killed and she’s helping him get revenge.

The white girl has an obsession with the privilege being a man gives her.

There is a larger theme about generational power struggles. The older lodge members dismiss Tic despite his heritage. The white girl was subservient to her father’s wishes. Montrose trying to stop Tic.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I am so glad I didn't start watching this show.

Damn shame that black man fakkitry is an accepted thing now. :scust:

Jurnee is a stupid name and she got that pan face, but I will let y'all be mesmerized by the light skin. :sas2:
She’s not the problem... far from it actually.

Her and the dude playing Tic and the white chick are the best parts of the show honestly

And it has nothing to do with her skin color...

Everything else is weird garbage. The 2 great episodes mainly focused on just her and Tic...

Plus in this episode we got to see her ass which was incredibly delicious looking. Everything else about the episode was trash

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Struggle show. It has very interesting themes, well acted, good set design and pieces, but the story/direction/writing is trying to do too much and missing the mark. It’s attempting to have commentary on everything from colorism, patriarchy, dark familial secrets, generational curses, white supremacy, free will, destiny, etc., and as a byproduct it comes across as meandering and all over the place. The music is also terrible for the most part. It’s constantly beating you over the head, “You’re watching a show!”

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It’s like that famous Standford prison experiment where they just took regular people and made some prisoners and some guards and the guards ended up acting abusive.

She gave her the same talk and acted the same way a lot of black people in authority act though. Only difference is instead of picking up traits from the white folks they work/socialize with she actually got to be white for a time.