Official Lovecraft Country Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Good episode, but it was packed with a LOT of wild shyt. I'll pick up some small details on a rewatch.
Yo y’all nikkas was shytting on episode 2 but this was some of the wildest shyt I ever done seen, and not in a good way :picard: we taking the L with this show yall

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Can someone explain to me who Tic was on the phone with at the end and why was he bugging out about spelling out D-I-E and what he meant by "How'd You Know??" and "Well Are You?". shyt was confusing...
Also I download the ep so I fastfowarded through all that fun boy activity :ehh:

5 eps deep and this Season is a cool 6.5 to me so far. How many episodes we got left?? :lupe:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Upgrade from Episode 4, so far there is a see-saw effect in the quality of the episodes:

1: amazing, truly legendary premiere
2: horrible
3: outstanding, not as great as premiere but pretty damn good
4: step back but not as bad as #2
5: third best episode of series so far

Brief thoughts:

I don't know why yall so aggy on the homo shyt. There was a lot more than I expected but its tied into the story of Tic's father, who is a central character. When you see homo shyt on TV just fast forward it, it really ain't that big of a deal...

Michael K Williams does need to just come on out, though. Dude is in at least his fourth gay role, its hard to imagine a straight man taking on more than one gay role, let alone 4+. I was actually dying in laughter in his gay scenes, because it was like "damn this nikka GOTTA be real life gay". He very comfortable in these roles lol...

I'm enjoying it as are most people, as evidenced by the ratings and reviews, which are contrast to the harsh critique on here. Some dope acting. Not really seeing the anthology angle, I think as the season nears its end we'll see a clarified tie in to everything. I'm comfortable with the week-to-week format, we are learning about a different central character or central theme every week---->1 was the foundation of what the show is on; 2 was the backstoryfor Tic's lineage; 3 was Leti; 4 was a further explanation of the foundation; 5 was Ruby, William/Christina and Montrose...

I'm also not bothered by the modern music, granted I don't think the score is outstanding but the music isn't as bad as somr of you are saying...

Overall this episode gets a 7.5/8 from me...

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm still invested in the show... but someone explain to me how his father being a tranny smashing homo is vital to the story? Does any one in the production flow have the balls to step and say " Hey. Ya'll. This is pretty dumb. Let's go in a different direction" Because at this point, there's basically a "woke" TV checklist these days; and it takes you out of the show when it's so blatant.

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
We can’t let these hollyweird joos get away this shyt for much longer . Fukin Jordan Peele should be brought up on charges...
Peele has always shown an awareness of this kind of stuff in his comedy. These are directives being handed down from above his head. And if he wants to keep being Black Scorcese, he knows to shut up and play ball. That "purity" of art shyt is cool until it starts to really pay the bills. That's when you have to learn flexibility.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a good episode besides the graphic bussy scene but like the brehs in here said FF past the zestiness. There is something sexy bout The blonde broad playing the cult dudes sister

:shaq:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Was there any point to the gay storyline ? I fast forward through all that .

Solid episode though .A drop from last week tho

It showed Montrose loosening up in more ways than one :dame:

Maybe now he won't keep going around burning pages and killing magical trannies :dame: and will be more honest with Tic about what is going on.