Official Lovecraft Country Thread

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
The fakkit shyt was way over the top and I ffwd through it.:beli:
At this point Michael K. Williams just needs to go ahead and come out.
The modern music in a period piece is a trope that has never worked for me
Especially when the modern music is garbage like Cardi B.
This was the clumsiest of all the episodes.
Agenda heavy as fukk (is it harder to be Black or a woman? FOH):martin:
Only thing they got right here was Leti and Tic's love scene.
Jurnee has been :takedat:for a while. But her body is toned as fukk :noah:
If you know who the director of this ep is, then you know why all the above happened:mjpls:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate your sentiment. People acting like they dont know understand why people are tired of this trope now.
If there was only one token black person yet but all of the three main leads are black ! The main character is a strong black man dating a black woman . If this change greatly affects the story and somehow ruins the Ending I guess but I don’t see how that would happen .
The strongest male character is Tic and the second strongest male character was George. I get what you sayin but Omar hasn't been a strong character at all in this show and he ain't a head of household
Exactly. If this show was all white people I’d get more where they are coming from . I can understand people saying they are uncomfortable with the graphic depiction of sex but in the same token if you only care about the depiction of gay sex then yeah that’s kind of discriminatory... some of the posters sound exactly like the white people who complain about a typically white role being played by a poc or female .
I agree. I read the book. To have the father - and especially one as strong as Montrose be gay - and dating Trans or whatever they are called men -- is fukked up. And to have every big show on HBO have a Black man and father -- during that time (period pieces) be made out like they are gay or had gay tendencies is wrong.
So does this actually affect the story him being gay ? Is there some story element that can never happen because of this ? Also hooded justice was implied to be a gay masochist in the watchmen GN

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Exactly. With Hooded Justice, the dislike was superficial because from a story standpoint, HJ was suspected to be a gay black man from the source material all along. We just didnt like the visuals of one of the only strong men on television throwing his family in the bushes to fukk a white man. But this here with Montrose, is extremely contrived.
HJ WAS NEVER SUSPECTED TO
BE A BLACK MAN FROM THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

THAT WAS ALL THE SHOWS DOING.
:devil:
:evil:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
So does this actually affect the story him being gay ? Is there some story element that can never happen because of this ? Also hooded justice was implied to be a gay masochist in the watchmen GN

I don't know - because he's not gay in the book -- and they are just customizing details as they go.

Sure, it's other Black men in the show that can showcase Black masculinity -- but this character is a father and in households and families -- the father is the symbol of masculinity and protection.

So therefore, they could have had Tic or any other Black man be gay in the story/series -- but George and Montrose should have been off limits. In addition, they didn't just make Montrose gay - they made him a closeted feminine gay man.

A Gay man who has been wanting his whole life to suck Penis, have anal sex, and open mouth kiss while rocking bright, vibrant colors -- with his real love -- a Trans-whatever man.

Rollo Goodlove

Palestine Titty
Daps
Reppin
California, America
I never viewed him as the head of the household.. he's been cowering like a bytch in every episode and Tic has always taken the lead on everything. If anything, he has been trying to stop Tic this entire time. Leti is stronger minded also.
You talking about Micael K. Bussy or the other dude

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You talking about Micael K. Bussy or the other dude

Montross or whatever the fukk his name is, Tic's pop.. he's been trying to hinder their ambitions this entire time. I never felt he was this "leader" of men and women that some people are portraying him as.

Maybe he is different in the book.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Montross or whatever the fukk his name is, Tic's pop.. he's been trying to hinder their ambitions this entire time. I never felt he was this "leader" of men and women that some people are portraying him as.

Maybe he is different in the book.
SHE WAS CLEARLY REFERING TO THE BOOK.

I agree. I read the book. To have the father - and especially one as strong as Montrose be gay - and dating Trans or whatever they are called men -- is fukked up. And to have every big show on HBO have a Black man and father -- during that time (period pieces) be made out like they are gay or had gay tendencies is wrong.

:devil:
:evil: