Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
anally raping a white man with a high heeled shoe as revenge for him sexually assaulting a black woman while your skin peels off in bloody sheets and reveals a black woman doing the emasculating ...

now thats my kind of content :banderas:
GiddyResponsibleGharial-size_restricted.gif

Maybe I don't need to catch up with this shyt after all :whoa:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah.. I don't like when shyt is shoehorned in for no reason. I'm not "done" with the show because of it like some of these other dudes but there is no need for it as it does nothing to further the story, there's no advancement at all it's in there just because they wanted to pander.
Ehh the show isn’t over so saying it has no need isn’t right . Especially with it seemin to fit into the theme of tonight’s episode. They hinted at him being gay last episode as well

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
montrose was hinted as being gay quite a while back, his dad was beating him to make him less of a "sissy". him making a welcome banner for baseball players as a kid was supposed to be the warning

this show handles LGBTQ issues very crudely. if somebody is "alternative", they are either giving a blowjob, getting fukked in the ass, or having their intersexed genitals gawked at before getting murdered. why would buttsex be the immediate thing a father would do after committing a murder and being severely beaten by his own son? why wouldnt he cry on the shoulder of this dude or try to have a conversation or something? they are helping to "other" people by always showing them with something graphic or unsettling.

anyway, this episode was better than #4. the sister has some internal complexes caused by systemic white supremacy and her being able to go white helped display them more clearly. her actions at the end may mean she has changed her perspective.

excited to see episode 6 where hopefully we can focus more on tic

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Various posters have said the show doesn't follow the book and we steady watched it with no complaints. Soon as gay men pop up "The book don't even have this shyt in it, man I'm out!" :pachaha:
As one of the posters said, it's most likely representing a transitioning phase for Montrose as several other characters transitioned as well throughout this episode. That's the reason for the scenes.