Official Loki Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it has to do with not knowing the source material. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea.
I think it's deeper than that.

This show seems like it was amazing on paper, but the actual execution of it is pretty dry

Like i get why it's SUPPOSED to be interesting, but the banter scenes are just ok. I think this episode proves that Owen Wilson's acting is carrying the show

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He's in every Marvel show thread talking down on nikkas with over analysed theories and ends up wrong as hell every time:mjlol:

Then when called out to stand on his wrong theories he pulls the ":hubie:I don't have time for this. I'm out" card:mjlol:

theory 101:

the devices sense variant energy - i.e. the deviation from the sacred timeline NOT the variants themselves.

that should be clear enough from the show so far.

variants themselves are identified through their temporal images - as they took of loki.

variants at the TVA stick to the grand plan hence they do not create variance energy.

that is why mobius said that him "jet skiing" would create variance energy.. it is not the person it is the deviation from what the TVA want and expect.

it is not "pulling a :hubie:". it is me pulling a "why bother". you have time to argue lost cases on here all day but I have stuff to do. if you see a hint of understanding then a convo is worthwhile but basic misunderstandings like that hint at other difficulties.

question: if people cannot watch the show and realise that variant energy is not the variants themselves or emanated from the variants but rather the deviation actions cascading from the change in the timeline, why should I spend my time pointing it out? he wants to argue when he doesn't even understand basic facts like this so why should I waste my time.

serious question.

i cannot engage in fruitless arguments about stuff which was spelled out in detail in the show. the variance energy is built up through "chaos deviating" as mobius told loki in the canteen while loki was ruining his lunch. it is the mechanism that allows variants to hide in apocalypses.

so I'll point out the errors, hand out the L's, breh can think he is right and I will continue with more productive stuff :ufdup::hubie:

i am busy renovating an apartment breh. should I do that or type paragraphs and play post ping-pong in fruitless arguments on thecoli with people who are slow to understand but still want to argue :patrice::hubie:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theory 101:

the devices sense variant energy - i.e. the deviation from the sacred timeline NOT the variants themselves.

that should be clear enough from the show so far.

variants themselves are identified through their temporal images - as they took of loki.

variants at the TVA stick to the grand plan hence they do not create variance energy.

that is why mobius said that him "jet skiing" would create variance energy.. it is not the person it is the deviation from what the TVA want and expect.

it is not "pulling a :hubie:". it is me pulling a "why bother". you have time to argue lost cases on here all day but I have stuff to do. if you see a hint of understanding then a convo is worthwhile but basic misunderstandings like that hint at other difficulties.

question: if people cannot watch the show and realise that variant energy is not the variants themselves or emanated from the variants but rather the deviation actions cascading from the change in the timeline, why should I spend my time pointing it out? he wants to argue when he doesn't even understand basic facts like this so why should I waste my time.

serious question.

i cannot engage in fruitless arguments about stuff which was spelled out in detail in the show. the variance energy is built up through "chaos deviating" as mobius told loki in the canteen while loki was ruining his lunch. it is the mechanism that allows variants to hide in apocalypses.

so I'll point out the errors, hand out the L's, breh can think he is right and I will continue with more productive stuff :ufdup::hubie:

i am busy renovating an apartment breh. should I do that or type paragraphs and play post ping-pong in fruitless arguments on thecoli with people who are slow to understand but still want to argue :patrice::hubie:
My post got nothing to do with Loki, only pointing out your precedence for being wrong and acting like it never happened in the last 2 threads

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
My post got nothing to do with Loki, only pointing out your precedence for being wrong and acting like it never happened in the last 2 threads

oh cool (but not true but whatever :yeshrug:). feel free to quote and hand me them L's then :manny:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Cant expect every episode to be :dwillhuh:
i don't think any of them have been all that insane or amazing personally, but i don't actually buy that Marvel can't make a 6 hour miniseries all Deron Williams face. last 3 need to be fukkin huge

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i don't think any of them have been all that insane or amazing personally, but i don't actually buy that Marvel can't make a 6 hour miniseries all Deron Williams face. last 3 need to be fukkin huge
I'm guessing they are saving Deron Williams face stuff for the movies. The shows are just for deeper character development and interesting but not extremely relevant to the big overarching plot stories. Fiege told investors you can see and understand the movies without watching the TV shows. Nothing that is super important to the overarching story is going to happen on Disney +.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the first episode the examples that Ms. Minutes gave to how you could become a variant was trying to start a rebellion and being late for work. My theory is if you do something small wrong that will change the time-line in a major way later then you become a variant and instead of being deleted/reset you are mind wiped and recruited. So if you miss your bus but you were supposed to meet your future wife on that bus that day then your future kids will never exist and nothing they were meant to do will ever happen which causes major ripples in the future. As a result the time-line has to be reset and a new version of you is created. You aren't a dangerous criminal and don't deserve to be killed but you can't return to your old life so you are recruited but not allowed to miss what you have to leave behind.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
In the first episode the examples that Ms. Minutes gave to how you could become a variant was trying to start a rebellion and being late for work. My theory is if you do something small wrong that will change the time-line in a major way later then you become a variant and instead of being deleted/reset you are mind wiped and recruited. So if you miss your bus but you were supposed to meet your future wife on that bus that day then your future kids will never exist and nothing they were meant to do will ever happen which causes major ripples in the future. As a result the time-line has to be reset and a new version of you is created. You aren't a dangerous criminal and don't deserve to be killed but you can't return to your old life so you are recruited but not allowed to miss what you have to leave behind.

I think the TVA is making variants as a personal army. Whatever is going on up the elevator is trying to manipulate the timeline to an end goal. So they are experimenting with the timeline and making variants.

Why the Avengers don’t get messed with but they have pruned a bunch of Loki’s.

So when they go through that bureaucracy. It’s testing how complainant they are to following mundane rules.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Episode was 4/10
Nothing was truly gained from the episode except “all workers are variants”.
Loki seemed overly goofy and not his normal in control self. Lady Loki basically was his parent. She didnt seem half as interesting either.
The last scene was very amateurish. You can tell they were running around in a green room with audio and visual effects layed over.
Honestly I expected more from this week. They want to make it a scavenger hunt type show but dont leave any trails to go by, until the last episodes. They need to watch westworld to take some notes.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Was he in the comics?
He was always low key transgender and would use that nefariously sometimes. Like change into a woman and flirt with a man in order to further some scheme.
But as far as actual relationships go, he was always linked with women. So this is technically a retcon to the character, but not that much of a reach.

Edit: Guess he was not from harlem in comics as a dude sometimes too.
loki-pansexual.jpg

Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch were at times incestious in the comics but thankfulyl they left that part out of her series :huhldup: