Official Loki Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Bro it’s pretty obvious the Timekeepers ain’t real.
Magic doesn’t work there. It has more power than an infinity stone.This structure of the TVA came from somewhere. The knowledge of future events is right.

Somebody is in charge

Pruning so many Lokis( can’t be brainwashed?) and variants don’t cause Nexus events. Meaning their motives are sus.

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wanda and Falcon had a relatable thread unpinning them. Depression/ coping and racism/systematic corruption respectively.

Loki is just a basic Catch Me if You Can, Wiz of Oz story so far. I would say it’s about belief systems but the implications of what is going on are pretty dark for a Disney show.

yea def wizard of OZ vibes where the big bad is a diversion. I was hoping they got in that door but of course we gotta wait and see. Pretty cool seeing sylvies telepathy powers in action

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
wonder when we'll see another cosmic being like dormammu or Surtur (do yall count him, and buddy really diead with asgard thats tuff) in the MCU?

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part of this show's overall structure that I'm really digging (but might be throwing others) is this purposeful balance between long two-hander dialogue heavy character building scenes and big action set pieces.

I'm loving the conversations the most and the Loki/Moebius & Loki/Loki scenes play like a dope 90s arthouse flick coffee shop conversation plumbing character depths but in and of this world and exploring this plot. Just great character exploration through dope writing and acting. I'd be full in on this show if it was just this format. But then they also have these action scenes like the end of the newest one or the fight sequences to throw a bunch of compelling visuals at you as well. (If they would have cued/referenced the "Time is on my side..." song around the "Fallen" fight to not only give the nod but to reference the TVA it would have been perfection.)

Also, that they've fully fleshed out this world outside spacetime governing spacetime to not only establish it but start poking holes in what they've established in 3 episodes? That's some damn good writing and world building in a condensed window to do so (helped by the established MCU to be sure).

I'm enjoying this trip so far & amped to see where it takes us.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
yea def wizard of OZ vibes where the big bad is a diversion. I was hoping they got in that door but of course we gotta wait and see. Pretty cool seeing sylvies telepathy powers in action
Marvel love doing that shyt. I hope they don’t do that shyt in this series

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

:mjlol: brehs on this website ... there is a difference between the basic science and the TVA's spin on it e-grow . we see the basic science of them travelling between timelines. we see the basic science of them sensing variant energy, jumping in time, tuning timelines .. etc. we don't see the spin of their motivations, if the workers were all created, if there is only one timeline etc etc,

be unable to understand complex arguments brehs :hhh:

be unable to differentiate between explaining what someone said and believing everything that someone said brehs :hhh:

how you @Json put your shoes on the right feet in the morning is beyond me.

so yes
MOI5Aar.png

even miss minutes cartoons are not broken down enough for some brehs :mjlol:
:picard:

"says" the TVA ... (well did they actually say that?)

the TVA want to maintain power so of course they are going to spin the unanimity of their pathway.

bookmark this ...

TVA lizards say there is one main one and offshoots which they try to shut down. My guess is that there are really many and that the others can be used to overthrow the TVA. To remove their power to control time.

On a side note I wonder what the TVA think of the time stone in particular, given what it can do. For example, could it reverse loki back (to avengers tower) and undo what the TVA have done with him? Would it create another variant? Two loki's?

The only reason that Gamora-2 is "ok" is because her actions are on the timeline that led to the TVA "sacred timeline".

There is no moral value judgement and it doesn't matter (in principle) that Gamora is time displaced. Miss Minutes showed that the actual action itself is not the important thing (uprising vs. late for work). (infinity stone usage being an open point).

All that matters is "are her actions on the sacred timeline of actions that have occurred in the past, looking back at them from the distant future?".

Saying that the TVA are probably lying in some part and they are not in as much control and things are not as clear cut as they say.

If they were "all powerful" then the hidden-adversary/(other loki?) wouldn't be a threat.
\

so

uvLRviN.png
+
uvLRviN.png

@McPiff : context :ufdup: