Official Loki Thread

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Female Loki was a nice twist. OG Loki leaving made all the sense in the world. You know the TVA was gonna erase his ass for no reason, honestly. Mobius couldn't save him even if he wanted to.
An org that rigid in their beliefs in lizard people definitely ain't changing their minds

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Meanwhile it had the best debut of any Disney + show and is beating the other MCU shows in ratings. :yeshrug:
Ironman 3 did better numbers than Ironman 1. Sometimes success of later projects is due to the quality of prior work building up fans. In this case it's debut was likely because of the success of the last two shows, not proof that it is better than the last two shows.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ironman 3 did better numbers than Ironman 1. Sometimes success of later projects is due to the quality of prior work building up fans. In this case it's debut was likely because of the success of the last two shows, not proof that it is better than the last two shows.
I didn't talk about quality at all. You said the thread isn't doing numbers. I said the show is doing numbers outside of this message board. This board isn't a barometer for anything really.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I didn't talk about quality at all. You said the thread isn't doing numbers. I said the show is doing numbers outside of this message board. This board isn't a barometer for anything really.
I didn't say anything about number this show was doing outside this thread. Just pointed out that this thread wasn't doing numbers yet

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn't say anything about number this show was doing outside this thread. Just pointed out that this thread wasn't doing numbers yet
Ok what does that mean? Nothing other than maybe Black guys and guys who want to be Black that are into Hip Hop and sports aren't into talking about this as much as the previous Marvel shows. I guess that's interesting? :ld:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ok what does that mean? Nothing other than maybe Black guys and guys who want to be Black that are into Hip Hop and sports aren't into talking about this as much as the previous Marvel shows. I guess that's interesting? :ld:
could be what you said. maybe the coli isn't feeling this show as much as previous shows.

or maybe like i said, this will pick up eventually and is more of a slow burn right now.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
could be what you said. maybe the coli isn't feeling this show as much as previous shows.

or maybe like i said, this will pick up eventually and is more of a slow burn right now.

quality is good, there are fewer red herrings, there is less to criticise, the show topic is more complicated, there are few main characters so less room to speculate.

only really

i. ravonna - a few scenes
ii. mobius
iii. loki
iv. fem loki - only 2 mins on screen
v. some time-cops - mostly faceless
vi. miss minutes - just about a character
vii. TVA staff including librarian, stones guy, ssshhh guy have no development and zero agency

compare to the number of side characters with agency on WV or TFATWS

the show has been >50% just loki and mobius ..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as this thread not doing the same numbers as the other two, I assume it's theory fatigue.

Probably half of the "Wandavision" thread was people trying to figure shyt out. It kinda tapered off with "FATWS" because the show was a lot more straight forward....here we are on Disney/Marvel show three and it doesn't seem as if people have the same appetite for dissecting every scene and assuming every other character is Mephisto.

But in "real life"....and I hate to use the term....everyone I know either personally, or just on social media....that was into the first two shows, is into this.

Fred.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
As far as this thread not doing the same numbers as the other two, I assume it's theory fatigue.

Probably half of the "Wandavision" thread was people trying to figure shyt out. It kinda tapered off with "FATWS" because the show was a lot more straight forward....here we are on Disney/Marvel show three and it doesn't seem as if people have the same appetite for dissecting every scene and assuming every other character is Mephisto.

But in "real life"....and I hate to use the term....everyone I know either personally, or just on social media....that was into the first two shows, is into this.

Fred.
I’m watching it with a friend and it’s crazy how often I have to explain the concepts to them
I think that some people are more confused with this one

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I promised myself I wasn't gonna theory this show:snoop:

BUT:whoa:

Has anybody entertained the thought that Mobius is a Loki too?

The way the TVA interacts with him feels like they really don't fukk with him like that and that he's been on thin ice.

Also his interactions with Loki come off as him being annoyed with his younger self

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
This show is def better