Official Loki Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
A theory about Loki ..

They spent all that time explaining the difference between Illusion Casting and Duplication. Now why would they do that :patrice: ?

They did that because original Loki didn't get killed by Thanos. The being that got killed by Thanos was a "molecular level copy of original Loki".
That original of original Loki escaped using the space stone and eventually ended up as time-hoping big-bad knows-how-to-hide-in-the-timestream Loki version played by Richard E Grant who is going to turn up in this show.
In Ep. 1 Mobius explicitly told Loki that Loki's mother was dead. Mobius however didn't tell Loki that Loki himself was dead. Loki saw and interpreted it for himself.
:ehh: I think you’re right

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
With Kang hanging in the shadows, its interesting they keep using the term Apocalyptic
theyre gonna be doing this forever long as these movies keep making bread.

years from now a muthafukka like Moleman is gonna be a apocalyptic threat!

:deadmanny:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:ehh: I think you’re right

that original original Loki didn't interact with anyone (well Thor) and it was an apocalyptical event in that everything (ex. Thor) including copy-Loki's body was destroyed/lost/killed.
using ep .2 rules that means the Loki duplication yields no variance energy.
Richard E. Grant could have been written as just any other Loki BUT for dramatic effect including variance-Loki meeting the (de facto) "superior" original original Loki, it was better to make Grant that original original.

some :patrice:

ep 1. ts = 26m04s

loki: i know what I am
mobius: what? a murderer?
loki: a liberator

["liberator" == foreshadowing of loki "liberating" ... explains richard-e-grant-loki's reasoning. he is liberating from the dominion of the TVA]

ep 1. ts = 26m33s

mobius: let's talk about your escapes

mobius: you are really good at doing awful things and then just getting away

d.b. cooper story ...

mobius: let's get back to escapes. what is it that you think you are running from

[escape ability stressed - to bolster hidden escape from thanos]

ep 1. ts = 30m07s

loki: i am on the verge of acquiring everything I am owed and when I do it will not be because it's supposed to happen or because the TVA allowed it. you are a detour in my ascent.

[almost the words of richard-e-grant-loki and how he can do what he is doing outside of the control of the TVA]

ep 1. ts = 32m44s

mobius: (to loki) so that others can achieve the best versions of themselves.

[grant-loki helping others including other loki's achieve the best versions (plural!!) of themselves]

ep 1. ts = 39m25s

[shock on loki's face when he thought he had been killed]

ep 1. ts = 39m38s

[contemplating and calculation on loki's face where he realises that his original had escaped thanos]

ep 1. ts = 40m0s

loki: laughing out loud at the fact that his other self had escaped hidden to all

hunter B15: (to loki) what is so funny

loki: (to himself) glorious purpose

[loki realising that his other self had outsmarted everyone and the implications of that. mind was ticking]

ep 1. ts = 42m30s

[loki starts playing the long game with mobius as he now knows that the TVA doesn't know everything. his behaviour switched up when he realised that original loki had already escaped the TVA.]

:ufdup:

EDIT: watch Loki watching his death scene again carefully. his face turns from horror to internal pride, triumph and resolve. his says "glorious purpose" to himself because putting 2+2 together he realises that original original loki is ten steps ahead of the TVA.

Last edited: