Official Loki Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I just got spoiled about a pivotal character showing up in doctor strange 3 from reading a loki easter egg article!!!! :snoop: fukk MAN... it wasnt even covered either!!!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
multiverse is a seprate concept from timelines.

For example, did you watch the first dr. strange? In that film , there was a completly disconnected space from earth's reality which was lead by a godlike figure named Dormamu. That complete diconnection between realities is what defines a universe , within the mcu multiverse.

Theoretically , each universe would have its own timeline, but not necessarily sacred timelines; cause there are universes without kang, such as dormamu's world where he is the only living entity, so kang cant keep a specific timeline there caus ehe doesnt exist. Ironically, that universe form Dr.Strange1 is a universe that doesnt even have the concept of time, hence why strange was so powerful there with his time infinity stone.

If i had to describe the timeline thing, i would compare it to a starfish. Stay with me here, i know its a weird anology, but it will make sense. :whoa:

Did you know that many starfish can cut themselves in half and then grow two of themselves from those shattered halves? In this instance, both halves of the original starfish are effectively the exact same starfish from a gentic standpoint, but they are seperate entitities if they were stacked next to eachother. Think of the divided starfish as a split timeline in LOki.

Conversely , A universe would be its own seperate species. Rather than having both of those divided starfish sitting next to eachother; a universe would be like putting a a seahorse or crab next to starfish.
Hmm . . . See now I'm confused. What's the fifference between an alternative timeline, an alternative univers and an alternative dimension? Is there a difference?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Hmm . . . See now I'm confused. What's the fifference between an alternative timeline, an alternative univers and an alternative dimension? Is there a difference?
Timelines are different versions of the same reality.Earth 616 vs Earth 199999.

Alternate dimensions are different entirely separate unique realities within each timeline (or sometimes independent of each timeline.) Earth vs The Mirror Dimension. The Antman Pocket Dimension. Etc

Universes is more a catch all term to describe each timeline. One timeline is the 616 universe, another timeline is 199999 universe etc

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Timelines are different versions of the same reality.Earth 616 vs Earth 199999. Alternate dimensions are different entirely separate unique realities within each timeline (or sometimes independent of each timeline.) Earth vs The Mirror Dimension. The Antman Pocket Dimension. Etc

Universes is more a catch all term to describe each timeline. One timeline is the 616 universe, another timeline is 199999 universe etc
Thanks, I agree. The way dude I quoted was talking sounded like he was saying dimensions are timelines.
I think the complexity of this is holding it back with the general audience but I'm enjoying it.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Marvel Tier system

main-qimg-88c2f5d80108ad12b02c97561bba2be4-lq

Starlin :banderas:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It seems like Loki is going to be responsible for creating
"He who remains"

Kang originally travels to the past to test out time travel.
Loki season 1 happens.
The multiverse is now collapsing after the events of Loki season 1.
Loki goes to the past and finds the same Kang and brings him to the tva to help fix the multiverse issue.
This Kang is introduced to the multiverse and TVA and helps fix the issue.
He then starts communicating with other versions of himself from other realities. They share technology and eventually go to war.
He wins the war and then takes over the TVA so it doesn't happen again and makes 'the sacred timeline'. He is "who remains"
Loki Season 1 happens again and everything else happens again as it's a continuous loop
What I'm not understanding is, Kang is from the 31st century. Why are they in the 1800s?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What I'm not understanding is, Kang is from the 31st century. Why are they in the 1800s?
Maybe that origin is a lie based on what we just saw. All we got is He Who Remains saying so. Doesn't make it true.

But it also seems appearing at a point in time on one timeline doesn't mean you do appear at the same time on others. End credit scene Quantumania had a futuristic looking Kang and a Rama Tut from ancient times Kang. In the comics future 31st century Kang time traveled back to ancient Egypt and used his advance tech to appear like a God. So far they haven't shown Kangs doing those type of things (living in the wrong time). Well, HWR actually was at the end of time so. Again very confusing..

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
because that dude from 31st century is variant of Kang- and the one believed to have started this whole timeline war

theyre in the 1800s cause victor timely (another variant of Kang) can to be the TVAs new leader and his timeline occurs in the 1800s

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Maybe that origin is a lie based on what we just saw. All we got is He Who Remains saying so. Doesn't make it true.

But it also seems appearing at a point in time on one timeline doesn't mean you do appear at the same time on others. End credit scene Quantumania had a futuristic looking Kang and a Rama Tut from ancient times Kang. In the comics future 31st century Kang time traveled back to ancient Egypt and used his advance tech to appear like a God. So far they haven't shown Kangs doing those type of things (living in the wrong time). Well, HWR actually was at the end of time so. Again very confusing..
despite this show being good, I honestly think they should just nuke all this timeline shyt by the end of the series and make sure that the sacred timeline is the only one left (its easier for the audience to follow imo)

if all the other disney shows follow multiverse rules, these shows will all feel like a quantum physics lecture :snoop:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

because that dude from 31st century is variant of Kang- and the one believed to have started this whole timeline war

theyre in the 1800s cause victor timely (another variant of Kang) can to be the TVAs new leader and his timeline occurs in the 1800s

despite this show being good, I honestly think they should just nuke all this timeline shyt by the end of the series and make sure that the sacred timeline is the only one left (its easier for the audience to follow imo)

if all the other disney shows follow multiverse rules, these shows will all feel like a quantum physics lecture :snoop:
NGL...I agree with you @Brandsdale it's getting confusing. Not saying Victor Timely can't exist in the 1800s, would just think he has to travel there from the 31st century.

Trying to stay consistent with the MCU's logic, This Victor doesn't have the cognition to become Kang the Conquerer, because he hasn't battled with the hundreds of other Kang's to do so. Its not a question of intellect. Its not even motivation because that can be written in the last 3 episodes; its the pedigree to do so. My assumption is only 31st century Kang's should have the battle hardened wherewithal to become "The Conquerer".

They're lucky Jonathan Majors and the acting in general is bodying this series, because it's getting kinda bloviated. Episode 3 was good, and quality enough that it could've been part of a larger movie. I hope they do collapse it down to 1 or a handful of timelines (thinking about Secret Wars here).

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
NGL...I agree with you @Brandsdale it's getting confusing. Not saying Victor Timely can't exist in the 1800s, would just think he has to travel there from the 31st century.

Trying to stay consistent with the MCU's logic, This Victor doesn't have the cognition to become Kang the Conquerer, because he hasn't battled with the hundreds of other Kang's to do so. Its not a question of intellect. Its not even motivation because that can be written in the last 3 episodes; its the pedigree to do so. My assumption is only 31st century Kang's should have the battle hardened wherewithal to become "The Conquerer".

They're lucky Jonathan Majors and the acting in general is bodying this series, because it's getting kinda bloviated. Episode 3 was good, and quality enough that it could've been part of a larger movie. I hope they do collapse it down to 1 or a handful of timelines (thinking about Secret Wars here).
I think the idea was to setup another “inventor” genius type (a common character trope of Kang i mentioned in previous post). The TVA is built on Oroborous manual but the foundation and ideas are still Kangs

but I hear you. An inventor like victor still doesn’t explain much of how and why this character is suppose to mesh with the council of Kangs and become someone who could use tech to essentially fight

I’m also confused as to why 31st century Kang (scientist Kang) isn’t featured on this story instead of victor. Maybe he died in the multiversal war? :manny: