Official Loki Thread

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think the idea was to setup another “inventor” genius type (a common character trope of Kang i mentioned in previous post). The TVA is built on Oroborous manual but the foundation and ideas are still Kangs

but I hear you. An inventor like victor still doesn’t explain much of how and why this character is suppose to mesh with the council of Kangs and become someone who could use tech to essentially fight

I’m also confused as to why 31st century Kang (scientist Kang) isn’t featured on this story instead of victor. Maybe he died in the multiversal war? :manny:
I know they will bring it around, and not that I want it to be predictable, MCU's track record when trying to subvert expectations has been dismal. I'm not even saying go with a textbook Kang, I just don't know where they are going with it...and typically, that's been a precursor to them fukking up.

In Loki season 1, it was clear they were building towards Kang/Immortus/He Who Remains even though it wasn't a comic accurate version, they lead bread crumbs that built anticipation towards it.

If I had to make a wild guess, Victor Timely is appearing to be a foil for Kang, not Kang himself.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Victor Timely was basically Captain Jack Sparrow with the stilted speech and slapstick stumbling and bumbling around. But he also has the wit and cleverness to get outta any situation like Sparrow. We see him drop to the ground and crawl away to evade the mutton chop Cac and he has a secret hiding compartment outside his lil safehouse.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Majors based his performance on Depp's.

Nxgga, Jack Sparrow?? :mjtf:

Nah. Victor Timely is a CITY BOY.

Dude was out chere scamming and hustling white folks while selling these hoes dreams.

City booooooooooys :banderas:

Majors is so damn good man

Man, i lowkey love this nıgga as an actor.
Cacs :mjpls:
:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think they are doing a reverse “Iron Lad” story.

But here it’s Victor Timely who is placed in the past by HWR to be a potential back up should something happen to him.
If I had to make a wild guess, Victor Timely is appearing to be a foil for Kang, not Kang himself.
Yeah, this is my best guess as well. From a storytelling continuity/ticket sales standpoint, it makes sense not to show too much of the true "Kang" on a TV show, because people won't understand what's going on in the movie...it'll be Multiverse of Madness (a lot of viewers didn't know why Wanda was bad) all over again.

Just sucks, because this may be another disappointing TV show that potentially doesn't push anything forward.

If I'm writing this show, I'm setting the seeds for a Victor Timely/Iron Lad (although I hate the character) protagonist to help defeat Kang, setting the atmosphere and mechanics of what Incursions really do, and giving a glimpse of Kang Prime and what his true power/what he's about to do.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just reminded me that Christian Bale acted his ass off in that silly ass movie.

Felt like if this movie had the tone of Thor 1 it would have been very good.

I KNOW it pissed me off because GORR was a great character but we didnt even spend that much time with him or showing what he was doing traveling to other planets and killing gods... smfh marvel dropped the ball could have made that movie a bit more serious...:snoop:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Is it just me, or does Krang not scare anyone? Like I'm not buying it. Thanos was menacing. Krang just feel like a goofy that could get his ass whooped easy

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Is it just me, or does Krang not scare anyone? Like I'm not buying it. Thanos was menacing. Krang just feel like a goofy that could get his ass whooped easy

It’s not you……

But let’s keep it buck…… Thanos didn’t scare no one till Avengers 3

Y’all wasn’t scared of him in A1

Y’all wasn’t scared if him in GOTG

It’s took about 8 years or so……

With that said, why we rushing the black man while we gave more patience to the white man?:mjpls:

Why the black man gotta work twice or 10x as hard to entertain y’all?:mjpls:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
It’s not you……

But let’s keep it buck…… Thanos didn’t scare no one till Avengers 3

Y’all wasn’t scared of him in A1

Y’all wasn’t scared if him in GOTG

It’s took about 8 years or so……

With that said, why we rushing the black man while we gave more patience to the white man?:mjpls:

Why the black man gotta work twice or 10x as hard to entertain y’all?:mjpls:
Thanos was purple tho.