Official Loki Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Best episode yet. I'll watch one of the easter egg vids later on to see what I missed.

Scorned Ms Minutes :ufdup:
Is Ravonna is a variant of Kang?
I'm thinking that's the secret about Ravonna Miss Minutes is about to tell her.
Good episode, I like the love Triangle angle between, Kang, Miss Minutes and Ravonna. Didn't see that coming.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I really really really hope the "make you angry" stuff isnt that she's a Kang variant. Just makes it too similar to last season. And just adds on to the "M-SHE U" allegations/nonsense

Im guessing they once ruled together and he wiped her memory. I dont know howt to feel about that yet, but thats what Im thinking it is.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I really really really hope the "make you angry" stuff isnt that she's a Kang variant. Just makes it too similar to last season. And just adds on to the "M-SHE U" allegations/nonsense

Im guessing they once ruled together and he wiped her memory. I dont know howt to feel about that yet, but thats what Im thinking it is.
I think it's obvious symmetry. Kang is battling Loki and a female variant of Loki who seem to be in love.
I think this ep had me questioning whether they betray each other or maybe Miss Minutes gets rid of Ravonna.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I just watched the first episode. This is great.

The sets are amazing and are ripe with dope details. I love the mix between 70s aesthetic and scifi. The room O.B. was working was on some Harry Potter shyt and the suit Mobius was wearing was dope.
The end credits really display the care they took with that aspect even more.

I also like that they're not afraid to dive somewhat deep in the time shenanigans the lore they built during last season allows, even if they risk losing some part of the audience with it. shyt, they lost me towards the end, I don't understand the significance of the phone ringing in that corridor nor Silvie's presence in the elevator, nor how Loki ended up getting pruned. I don't understand the overall importance of the loom for the TVA neither.

But the part where Loki was solving a present problem by switching time periods and planting seeds in the past to watch them bloom in the future was fire. Why doesn't he want to keep that ability? If he could control it a little bit more, that'd be so overpowered.

Hunter B-15 is a cool character, her stare at the bs the TVA leadership was doing was funny asf :mjlol:

Again, great first episode.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I need some clarification because I'm confused. Are timeline branches different from alternate universes? Like is the sacred timeline one universe and it's timeline branches variations of it? Are there other universes with their own sacred timeline and branches or are the branches themselves alternate universes?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I need some clarification because I'm confused. Are timeline branches different from alternate universes? Like is the sacred timeline one universe and it's timeline branches variations of it? Are there other universes with their own sacred timeline and branches or are the branches themselves alternate universes?
- Yes.
- Yes.
- the latter. And branches beget other branches. The further a branch is away from the sacred timeline the more different it is.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fam….

Jonathan Majors is easily the best actor in the game right now.

No wonder why Marvel won’t get rid of him.
agreed. His lines were most believable in the series , followed by the longterm pros Wilson and Hidleston.

I felt a little bit of incongruence from Gugu when she was giving out monologues in Kang's workshop. It was a character-to-actor incongruence which i didnt notice from the other actors in the same shot.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
multiverse is a seprate concept from timelines.

For example, did you watch the first dr. strange? In that film , there was a completly disconnected space from earth's reality which was lead by a godlike figure named Dormamu. That complete diconnection between realities is what defines a universe , within the mcu multiverse.

Theoretically , each universe would have its own timeline, but not necessarily sacred timelines; cause there are universes without kang, such as dormamu's world where he is the only living entity, so kang cant keep a specific timeline there caus ehe doesnt exist. Ironically, that universe form Dr.Strange1 is a universe that doesnt even have the concept of time, hence why strange was so powerful there with his time infinity stone.

If i had to describe the timeline thing, i would compare it to a starfish. Stay with me here, i know its a weird anology, but it will make sense. :whoa:

Did you know that many starfish can cut themselves in half and then grow two of themselves from those shattered halves? In this instance, both halves of the original starfish are effectively the exact same starfish from a gentic standpoint, but they are seperate entitities if they were stacked next to eachother. Think of the divided starfish as a split timeline in LOki.

Conversely , A universe would be its own seperate species. Rather than having both of those divided starfish sitting next to eachother; a universe would be like putting a a seahorse or crab next to starfish.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
multiverse is a seprate concept from timelines.

For example, did you watch the first dr. strange? In that film , there was a completly disconnected space from earth's reality which was lead by a godlike figure named Dormamu. That complete diconnection between realities is what defines a universe , within the mcu multiverse.

Theoretically , each universe would have its own timeline, but not necessarily sacred timelines; cause there are universes without kang, such as dormamu's world where he is the only living entity, so kang cant keep a specific timeline there caus ehe doesnt exist. Ironically, that universe form Dr.Strange1 is a universe that doesnt even have the concept of time, hence why strange was so powerful their with his time infinity stone.

If i had to describe the timeline thing, i would compare it to a starfish. Stay with me here, i know its a weird anology, but it will make sense. :whoa:

Did you know that many starfish can cut themselves in half and then grow two of themselves from those shattered halves? In this instance, both halves of the original starfish are effectively the exact same starfish from a gentic standpoint, but they are seperate entitities if they were stacked next to eachother. Think of the divided starfish as a split timeline in LOki.

Conversely , A universe would be its own seperate species. Rather than having both of those divided starfish sitting next to eachother; a universe would be like putting a a seahorse or crab next to starfish.

All of this theoretical theories is true but i wanted to add is that even in loki episode 1 kang is way more powerful because he created or found a area outside space and time to nullify all beings and variants powers altogether and even the infinity stones which are created within the big bang are rendered useless...:dead: it's insanity if you think about it... it's like levels of a game and loki has finally seen the highest levels and all those powers he has dont mean NOTHING at this level.

EDIT:

Marvel Tier system

main-qimg-88c2f5d80108ad12b02c97561bba2be4-lq

We've only seen a peek at inifity i think but we have not met the living tribunal yet...:demonic: he ranks as number 2 in the literal gods of the mcu

Last edited: