Official Loki Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So...off screen the TVA went to all the new branches that were created, pruned them or whatever, and that’s that? That’s what you’re saying?
Why was it a big cliffhanger then?
You’re not exactly defending the show...
The cliffhanger was a misdirection to the TVA and the audience. We were meant to think that the time-line bombing would be the major consequence but they telegraphed that she was going after the time keepers. The agent she kidnapped mentioned that she gave up their location right before the bombing and Sylvie leaving. The bombing wasn't the important part. It was meant to overwhelm the TVA work force to leave less security near the time keepers.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The cliffhanger was a misdirection to the TVA and the audience. We were meant to think that the time-line bombing would be the major consequence but they telegraphed that she was going after the time keepers. The agent she kidnapped mentioned that she gave up their location right before the bombing and Sylvie leaving. The bombing wasn't the important part. It was meant to overwhelm the TVA work force to leave less security near the time keepers.
Again...you’re saying bombing the timeline meant only that the TVA agents had to put in some overtime to clean up, and that’s it. If that’s the case their reaction at the end of episode two makes zero sense other than to achieve the misdirect. They should be mildly annoyed, at best.
This is bullshyt writing to trick the audience and generate a fake buzz. Marketing over substance.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again...you’re saying bombing the timeline meant only that the TVA agents had to put in some overtime to clean up, and that’s it. If that’s the case their reaction at the end of episode two makes zero sense other than to achieve the misdirect. They should be mildly annoyed, at best.
This is bullshyt writing to trick the audience and generate a fake buzz. Marketing over substance.

Their reaction makes sense if it's something they've never seen before, even if they are able to handle it. The TVA as we know it has multiple teams of staff but seems to perform maintenance in a way that clips time-lines before they get too numerous. In certain professions you train for worst case scenarios just so you know protocol if it happens but you never expect it to happen. When you get the alert that the worst case scenario is here you may panic a bit before jumping into action. It's a very human reaction.

For example, my job had a training on active shooter scenarios. I know what the protocol is for something like that and I may be able to handle what I'm supposed to do but I know I would be freaked out and panicked if one happened and I might look the part.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Their reaction makes sense if it's something they've never seen before, even if they are able to handle it. The TVA as we know it has multiple teams of staff but seems to perform maintenance in a way that clips time-lines before they get too numerous. In certain professions you train for worst case scenarios just so you know protocol if it happens but you never expect it to happen. When you get the alert that the worst case scenario is here you may panic a bit before jumping into action. It's a very human reaction.

For example, my job had a training on active shooter scenarios. I know what the protocol is for something like that and I may be able to handle what I'm supposed to do but I know I would be freaked out and panicked if one happened and I might look the part.
You aren’t the TVA. The TVA has taken down Thanos...the dude who took care of Cap, Thor, and Stark single handed without any stones to help him.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You aren’t the TVA. The TVA has taken down Thanos...the dude who took care of Cap, Thor, and Stark single handed without any stones to help him.
The TVA is made up of people. The ones shown panicked were the office workers/dispatchers not the field agents that deal directly with threats.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The TVA is made up of people. The ones shown panicked were the office workers/dispatchers not the field agents that deal directly with threats.
Let’s not start with the humans who can manhandle gods with their glow sticks.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s not start with the humans who can manhandle gods with their glow sticks.

The only thing that was close to "manhandling" was Loki getting hit once when they first caught him. That was with an unfamiliar weapon. Later in that same episode he beat that same agent in a fight without his powers. Everything else was an even fight at the TVA, no powers.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The only thing that was close to "manhandling" was Loki getting hit once when they first caught him. That was with an unfamiliar weapon. Later in that same episode he beat that same agent in a fight without his powers. Everything else was an even fight at the TVA, no powers.
Only if you ignore all the variants across the universe...throughout all of existence that they managed to prune....with their glow sticks.

With the glaring exception being child She-Loki’s unstoppable foot stomp, of course.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
A misdirect just for the sake of a cliffhanger is bad writing. Sherlock dies in one episode to be alive the next. It isn’t brushed over. They explain why he took precautions to fake his death which reveals his character and thinking.

Sylvie killed the agents in episode 1 and in the start of two we see her do it again but take one agent and the nature of her powers. We learn something about the previous scene we didn’t. The threat is heightened. That’s good buildup.

The problem with the time bomb is that undercut her character. Not only was it a nothing burger it was hyped up as, Renslayer wasn’t fooled by it. So not only was Sylvie neutralized , but the plan she spent all her life developing was a mere nuance. We never learn how Renslayer knew it was a trick. The TVA plot was undercooked to end the episode on another cliffhanger of something we already knew wouldn’t work in Lamentis.

So this dangerous variant was turned into a paper tiger throwing hissy fits on Lamentis-1.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only if you ignore all the variants across the universe...throughout all of existence that they managed to prune....with their glow sticks.

With the glaring exception being child She-Loki’s unstoppable foot stomp, of course.

Not every variant that was pruned had to beaten in combat. If they set a reset charge everything in the blast radius is sent to the Void. Anyone that they do have to fight would only require one hit to throw them into a position where they can't fight back and then they're collared and in another dimension without their powers.

Sylvie only got away because HWR wanted it that way.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And there it is...
The canned explanation for everything that makes no sense in the MCU.

That only explains the thing that he specifically took credit for, paving the path for her to get to him. I haven't seen anyone use that statement to explain anything else.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A misdirect just for the sake of a cliffhanger is bad writing. Sherlock dies in one episode to be alive the next. It isn’t brushed over. They explain why he took precautions to fake his death which reveals his character and thinking.

Sylvie killed the agents in episode 1 and in the start of two we see her do it again but take one agent and the nature of her powers. We learn something about the previous scene we didn’t. The threat is heightened. That’s good buildup.

The problem with the time bomb is that undercut her character. Not only was it a nothing burger it was hyped up as, Renslayer wasn’t fooled by it. So not only was Sylvie neutralized , but the plan she spent all her life developing was a mere nuance. We never learn how Renslayer knew it was a trick. The TVA plot was undercooked to end the episode on another cliffhanger of something we already knew wouldn’t work in Lamentis.

So this dangerous variant was turned into a paper tiger throwing hissy fits on Lamentis-1.

She was only a paper tiger once she faced off against another version of herself. She was beating the TVA at every turn until she found her equal. Renslayer would have been too late if Loki wasn't there to slow Sylvie down.