Official Loki Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Absolutely but unfortunately a lot of these simpletons don’t like that they just want laser shows and power displays
I wouldn't call them simpletons for that. The superhero genre is a subgenre of the action film genre. If i made a horror movie but had no scares or danger in it, yes it could still be a great movie just based on the acting and dialog. but acting like people are simpletons for being disappointed they were never scared would be wildly ironic. expecially when you put all the scariest parts it does have in the trailers and set up that false expectation in the first place.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

marvel is just next level. Scarlet witch who is a nexus being creating her own nexus event and then seeing that nexus event colour red in loki is just :ohhh::wow:

this doesnt make sense....

they are at the "end of time" in episode 6 of Loki, and clearly outside of the flow of time itself.

The events of wandavision happened within the timeline and Kang should have already seen it happen....

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just thinking about the series compared to the previous ones it's really a straight sci-fi drama. While there is action there really isn't a lot of it and most of isn't that compelling action wise. The best parts are people just talking. WandaVision was like this also but they poured in ao6me action the last episode.
That was my issue with the show tho

Y'all only say it didn't have much action because of the tone but Loki had about 2 fights per episode. That's more than Falcon/Winter soldier

But the fight scenes were so bad I'd rather it not had them

That leaves the dialogue, which really wasn't good

It comes off as filling space for 5 episodes so we can get to this big reveal on the last ep

The premise of the show sounds great on paper, but the finished product was:russell:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That was my issue with the show tho

Y'all only say it didn't have much action because of the tone but Loki had about 2 fights per episode. That's more than Falcon/Winter soldier

But the fight scenes were so bad I'd rather it not had them

That leaves the dialogue, which really wasn't good

It comes off as filling space for 5 episodes so we can get to this big reveal on the last ep

The premise of the show sounds great on paper, but the finished product was:russell:
Oh I enjoyed most of the talking. I do think Sylvie got a bit too much 6ahine but otherwise I enjoyed it. Not perfect or anything but it was a cool show.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely but unfortunately a lot of these simpletons don’t like that they just want laser shows and power displays
That's all Loki was:mjlol:

A Loki episode was basically

1. A few minutes of :russell:try hard dialogue with Owen Wilson carrying everybody

2. A discovery

3. Fight/running from something scene

It's not this cerebral shyt y'all trying to make it:russ: Wandavision did a much better job at the shyt y'all claim Loki does

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The show just had weird setups and payoffs.

Not seeing the results of Sylvie bombing the timeline undercut the threat of the character. That was her big plan and it just happens off screen so she can fail to reach the elevator.

No jet ski after referring to it three times.

Everything with B-15 took place off screen(getting out of the cell/ getting to Ohio, getting caught in the Time Keeper chamber, her memory flash)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Every thread we have someone telling us that it ain't cerebral. Is that the analysis for The Good Place as well?

Man look…..

Marvel at this point is the Noah’s Ark.

And not everyone gonna be able to get in the boat:lolbron:

Just gotta let them belong to the sea:mjgrin:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Premature synopsis but here it is so far. In general, the Loki series is about timeline resets, aspects of predestination/purpose/natal chart and facing the shadow self and the characteristics of the shadow. The series has been an ongoing therapy session for Loki’s ego to address his repressed feelings from experiences and reflecting on himself whether it’s others telling him what he didn’t want to hear or listening to others experiences; he had to be humbled. Each Loki is a characteristic of each other’s subconscious ambitions. Loki in general is the symbol of the shadow/trickster/, the horns. The shadow isn’t going anywhere and must be integrated. Loki is the hero on the Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey diagram and he is currently in the abyss phase progressing towards the most intense phase of Shadow Work before resurrection, the Dark Night of the Soul/Saturnine Night/repentance, which is represented as the swarming dark cloud Alioth, the greatest storm within. The missing part of Loki is his feminine half and for Lady Loki it’s her masculine half; the Rebis, divine androgyne, which is a spiritual concept (not physical) and mentality of balancing both polarities within and the brain hemispheres. All of the green enchantment energy they used to penetrate Alioth is cleansing and they still have to go to the most inner part which is represented by the house in Alioth. The series displays how people’s perspective of good and evil can be minuscule due to not recognizing a higher or lower scale of judgement, it’s just a matter of who has the gabble.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The show just had weird setups and payoffs.

Not seeing the results of Sylvie bombing the timeline undercut the threat of the character. That was her big plan and it just happens off screen so she can fail to reach the elevator.

No jet ski after referring to it three times.

Everything with B-15 took place off screen(getting out of the cell/ getting to Ohio, getting caught in the Time Keeper chamber, her memory flash)
Disney’s strategy appears to be focus on meme-able moments so the Internet will promote their content for free.

It’s not like this shyt below has some complex character development or through lines...they’re just meme-able faces.... I mean they didn’t even make sense in the shows...people just lapped it up because they’re so darn cute.

chaos_and_mischief

Disney will fukk up everything that was great about the MCU for a buck, and keep it moving...just like they did with Stars Wars.

Last edited: