Official Loki Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Antagonist becomes insane, eccentric from isolation is a stereotype. I mean you’re describing Wrath of Khan to the Master in Doctor Who.

But Kang been preparing for this moment for how long , because he knows everything.

He knew everything that was gonna happen in painstaking detail. Why wouldn't he be eccentric... He know how everything goes, he know every line, and the outcome to a certain point. You wait what could be a 1000 years to get to this point...

There is no threat, mystery... It was all about rushing through a script and getting to this moment of clarity that Kang seemed more fearful than his actual death.

Dude had time to make little art show project and shyt.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They established that you can't change history...its not possible. All you can do is create branch realities. So a new Kang instantly taking over the TVA would be breaking that law.

Nevermind the fact that Loki was IN the TVA before Sylvie killed he who remains. If the TVA's entire history was changed at that point why didnt it effect Loki at all. Plus how could Sylvie push Loki into a TVA that had its history changed, prior to her causing the event that changes history. None of that makes any sense.

The timeline had already started branching before Sylvie killed him. A Kang could already have been born

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
But Kang been preparing for this moment for how long , because he knows everything.

He knew everything that was gonna happen in painstaking detail. Why wouldn't he be eccentric... He know how everything goes, he know every line, and the outcome to a certain point. You wait what could be a 1000 years to get to this point...

There is no threat, mystery... It was all about rushing through a script and getting to this moment of clarity that Kang seemed more fearful than his actual death.

Dude had time to make little art show project and shyt.

He only knew things as long as it stuck to the script. That’s why he pruned and killed other timelines.

He only knew things to a certain point isn’t omnipotence. That’s dominance or subjugation.

I just don’t get a knowledge = weird angle.

if anything knowledge = boredom. What’s the surprise? Why bother getting up. Set it on autopilot and catch a nap.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He only knew things as long as it stuck to the script. That’s why he pruned and killed other timelines.

He only knew things to a certain point isn’t omnipotence. That’s dominance or subjugation.

I just don’t get a knowledge = weird angle.

if anything knowledge = boredom. What’s the surprise? Why bother getting up. Set it on autopilot and catch a nap.
It's not knowledge=weird

It's knowledge +untold amount of years of solitude=a little off, crazy

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
They established that you can't change history...its not possible.

1. Only within a timeline
2. They have shown that you can change what people at the TVA remember of history. examples:

i. mobius forgetting about the rings on the table
ii. people not recognising previous variants that are now working with them
iii. people at the TVA not remembering their own variant past life.​

All you can do is create branch realities. So a new Kang instantly taking over the TVA would be breaking that law.

see above

Nevermind the fact that Loki was IN the TVA before Sylvie killed he who remains. If the TVA's entire history was changed at that point why didnt it effect Loki at all. Plus how could Sylvie push Loki into a TVA that had its history changed, prior to her causing the event that changes history. None of that makes any sense.

the citadel is AFTER everything (and on the timeloop BEFORE everything). events at the citadel are not interleaved with events at the TVA (other than I suppose people moving into from one to the other).

also this is pre-supposing that history has been re-written which is just one explanation. a reset of the TVA is another.

finally time is on a loop and the citadel is outside of that loop.

Based on what we know from the show and what's be established, this is what I'm thinking....

There was always parallel universes, even throughout all of this the multiverse still existed it was never just a single timeline. Its just that each timeline had it's version of the TVA protecting it from colliding with others and that's what the "redline" represented. In the opening animation we could see the time ring was what appeared to be multiple timelines stacked and flowing together. It even seemed to be isolated to that one black hole which means there could be other multiverses not connected to our multiverse at all. I doubt they animated that entire sequence just because it looked cool, there had to be meaning there. I think the infinite Kangs only cares about protecting their scared timeline they control and stopping them from intersecting.

This explains the whole issue with variants and the way they appear. Otherwise, Loki's variants being so drastically different didn't make any sense. That would mean someone deviated from the scared timeline at some point and that caused Loki to change from a frost giant to an alligator....:russ:

ok

could be but I do not agree.

that opening animation could be to show a move from our world (where the MCU is just films) into the MCU(/M) world.

If the TVA are pruning deviations the moment they happen

false. "eventually" NOT the "moment they happen" as explained in ep 2.

a nexus event causes a build up of side effects (chaotically) after divergent actions take place - where the degree is not related to the difference per-se but the difference effect the sacred timeline aims (as miss minutes said and kang indicated. this would explain the nexus on lamentis 1 as well.). this eventually could lead to a branched timeline but it is not immediate and it is not guaranteed within any timeframe.

loki and mobius talking season 2: ts 22m

"
loki: Nexus events happen when someone does something they’re not supposed to do, right?

mobius: Well, it’s a little more complicated, but, yeah.

loki: Great. And then that thing they’re not supposed to do, cascades into a whole range of other things that aren’t supposed to happen. And so on and so forth, until eventually, a new timeline branches. Yes?

mobius: Chaotic alterations of a predetermined outcome.
"

how could something change in the timeline so drastically and so suddenly that causes Loki to turn into a damn alligator. That fact alone tells me the multiverse has always been there, it was just "neat" before episode 6 happened.

based on a false premise.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
There was always parallel universes, even throughout all of this the multiverse still existed it was never just a single timeline. Its just that each timeline had it's version of the TVA protecting it from colliding with others and that's what the "redline" represented. In the opening animation we could see the time ring was what appeared to be multiple timelines stacked and flowing together. It even seemed to be isolated to that one black hole which means there could be other multiverses not connected to our multiverse at all. I doubt they animated that entire sequence just because it looked cool, there had to be meaning there. I think the infinite Kangs only cares about protecting their scared timeline they control and stopping them from intersecting.

This explains the whole issue with variants and the way they appear. Otherwise, Loki's variants being so drastically different didn't make any sense. That would mean someone deviated from the scared timeline at some point and that caused Loki to change from a frost giant to an alligator....:russ:

If the TVA are pruning deviations the moment they happen, how could something change in the timeline so drastically and so suddenly that causes Loki to turn into a damn alligator. That fact alone tells me the multiverse has always been there, it was just "neat" before episode 6 happened.

I got a totally different scenario from you.

There were no branches before the sacred timeline. The universes were separate and stacked. He crossed them using the doorways.

I think you are missing the Alioth part. HWR destroyed those other multiverses using the monster and crafted the sacred timeline from those other ones. He didn’t just protect our MCU timeline.

. Sylvie said she was pruned before Loki even existed( she made it to 8 years old). She was born a woman.

That makes it sound HWR was basically on a trial and error. Drawing a picture and also erasing mistakes. So there have been Loki who survived Thanos and those who didn’t. There was a gator Loki and a Hulk Loki until he erased it and started over to maintain a Kang-free sacred timeline.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
It was far more complex and competent than Loki's try hard intellectual bullshyt
Lmaooo how was it complex? And why is Loki “intellectual?” Because there is a multiverse? :dead:

the entire show was a chore to get through. Flag smashers were lame as fukk. Anthony Mackie walking around acting constipated, them cutting out half of the story just because it involved a pandemic, stilted dialogue. If there was a generic marvel story generator it would be tfaws

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Anthony Mackie walking around acting constipated

aNTSCoz.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Loki: Deconstructing He Who Remains’ Life’s Work at the Citadel at the End of Time

Marvel set designer confirming that Loki was in a different timeline

“to delay the audience and Loki’s understanding that they were in a different place, that they were in a different timeline.”

There are multiple TVAs across multiple timelines plain and simple

good analysis :wow: (note: jargon vs. in world meaning by the "set designer")

well let's just bookmark this and return to it later.

let me get this straight. you are saying that each branch timeline has a different TVA :ld: ?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good analysis :wow: (note: jargon vs. in world meaning)

let me get this straight. you are saying that each timeline has a different TVA :ld: ?

'Loki' Director on Cliffhanger, Jonathan Majors and Season 2 - Variety

director saying Loki is in a different timeline and how will he get back in season 2

Herron says she sprinkled in some hints to viewers that Loki is in a new timeline, like redressing sets to look slightly off, and recasting Eugene Cordero’s TVA receptionist Casey as a hunter headed to the armory in a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it moment.

“And obviously, you know, Loki and Sylvie?” Herron continues, on a roll. “He’s in a completely different reality. What’s going to happen to him? How will he get back? Or will he get back? And where’s Sylvie? She’s still in the Citadel? And the multiverse of it all. What the hell is going to happen?!”

so there are multiple TVAs…I think they have either always existed or the branches created timelines where they have always existed in parallel.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
good analysis :wow: (note: jargon vs. in world meaning by the "set designer")

let me get this straight. you are saying that each branch timeline has a different TVA :ld: ?
That would be stupid. I think once Loki got pushed back to the tva he had already spent to much time outside of time and space that it advance cause the citadel is outside of time and space.

once he got pushed back it had advance enough where a kang had taken over already and restarted the tva.

don’t see a reason to have a tva in every timeline

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
'Loki' Director on Cliffhanger, Jonathan Majors and Season 2 - Variety

director saying Loki is in a different timeline and how will he get back in season 2

so there are multiple TVAs…I think they have either always existed or the branches created timelines where they have always existed in parallel.

ok let's see.

let me get this straight. a) you are saying that each timeline has a different TVA ?

(to save time) b) are you saying that there is more than one TVA operating at the same time in the MCU(M) ?