Official Loki Thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Two things I think was whiffed in the finale.

- Someone earlier said it best about Loki being too much like a hero. I get that his character arc is him re-assesing his life but the change is dramatic enough for him to be bland as the show went on. His verbal sparring with Mobius was the highlight of the show early on, that wit just disappears later.

If they're going to have another season then they should have dialed back simp Loki a bit. They could have retained his anti-hero rougish element by having him be tempted by Kang's proposal and the ultimate control/power he have. Maybe have him try to tempt Slyvie as well, making the offer of them ruling together but the danger of him betraying her also present. Then they fight for real as well as ideologically as she who cant trust & he who can't be trusted.

Instead the whole good guy loki approach just made Slyvie seem irrational, all for a kiss scene.

being
xjowFul.png
'd by sylvie might push him back over the edge

- I think the Kang performance was lacking. I don't read Marvel comics so I don't have any idea or context on who Kang is and how he is supposed to act. From what the show has given, he's an ancient & lonely scientist driven insane from eons of solitude plus some multiversal war PTSD. Ultimately he feels he's right in the harm he's done but is simply too tired to hold onto the reigns any longer.

But this performance.... Was just a very eccentric guy. Didn't pull off secretly old or traumatized at all. Only slightly pulled off crazy. Just eccentric mainly

:whoa:

exhibit a: 23:09 "and I ended the multiversal war" (mendacity)

exhibit b: 26:55 "grow up sylvie. murderer! hypocrite!! we are all villains here (smile) " (tonal shift on a dime)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
being
xjowFul.png

exhibit b: 26:55 "grow up sylvie. murderer! hypocrite!! we are all villains here (smile) " (tonal shift on a dime)
How else is a narcissistic psychopathic genius suppose to act after probably an eternity of Isolation and scheming going insane ....

Some people choose to deliberately ignore cues and subtext clues. Like is Kang supposed to some lame broading Batfleck and be a carbon copy of Thanos? Lame.

Thano was on a mission.

Kang has already won. He conquered time and reality. He hold all the cards and believes he wins either way. Dude is cold as fukk and treated Loki like a joke. Either you do what he says or he brings out the boogeyman.

He acts a certain way because he's not a stereotypical villian.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I just didn’t know as much about Loki’s background and the time time authority as I think I should have. It seems like I was much more familiar with the other 2 series so far. I even had to watch reviews for the episodes. Somehow I must of just not paid as much attention to Loki’s history and characters.
Everything was kinda new. Tva is new. They put on a front that they was something but turned out to be something else. Everyone in the tva was variants who caused nexus events and was taken, history erased and timeline destroyed.

they was controlled by one man, who is “the last among us” and he is the version of “kang” who survived the battle of the multiverse. And he was the one who was keeping the timeline straight, any thing that would bring kang about he would erase it completely

he gave the Loki’s a choice, to control it themselves or kill him and watch the multiverse go to war

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
being
xjowFul.png
I mean I'd be cool with simp Loki being a thing for season 2. They just didn't let the shyt build up with this show only being a handful of episodes.

Season 1 he's really just looking for a reason for his continued existence and Slyvie is just a hint. Her end of the chemistry wasn't even there fr. But halfway through the show this nikka turns into Jon Snow with a suit on?

The chance at unlimited power just staring Loki in the face. Not a thought or line at all about how THIS could be his glorious purpose? Feels like they missed a big chance making him change so much before he even met the other Lokis

The crazy and ageless wisdom just doesn't come through for me. The writing got the point across moreso than the performance.

"Grow up Slyvie" was a good part.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK so this also means when Loki gets sent back to the TVA and Mobius doesn't remember him and their is a new statue. It also means the multiverse war has already happened and the Kang that won is the one who's likeness was made into that statue?
Asking you because your reply is closest to what I am thinking.
When Loki got sent back by Sylvie, there was the scene of B-15 & Mobius (with his tie loosen) watching the branches go haywire in a calm TVA, but then it switches to Loki running in a panicked TVA with B-15 & Mobius (his tie not loosen) where he didn't know him. Both seemed to be simultaneous after Sylvie killed 'The One Who Remains' making it as though there's different TVAs in the multiverses.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
When Loki got sent back by Sylvie, there was the scene of B-15 & Mobius (with his tie loosen) watching the branches go haywire in a calm TVA, but then it switches to Loki running in a panicked TVA with B-15 & Mobius (his tie not loosen) where he didn't know him. Both seemed to be simultaneous after Sylvie killed 'The One Who Remains' making it as though there's different TVAs in the multiverses.

this is all making my head hurt

Save us Dr Strange :sadcam:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I mean I'd be cool with simp Loki being a thing for season 2. They just didn't let the shyt build up with this show only being a handful of episodes.

Season 1 he's really just looking for a reason for his continued existence and Slyvie is just a hint. Her end of the chemistry wasn't even there fr. But halfway through the show this nikka turns into Jon Snow with a suit on?

The chance at unlimited power just staring Loki in the face. Not a thought or line at all about how THIS could be his glorious purpose? Feels like they missed a big chance making him change so much before he even met the other Lokis

The crazy and ageless wisdom just doesn't come through for me. The writing got the point across moreso than the performance.

"Grow up Slyvie" was a good part.
I mean he did try to stop her. He wanted to think about it. But he wasn’t gonna kill her, she was to hell bent on killing him.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Two things I think was whiffed in the finale.

- Someone earlier said it best about Loki being too much like a hero. I get that his character arc is him re-assesing his life but the change is dramatic enough for him to be bland as the show went on. His verbal sparring with Mobius was the highlight of the show early on, that wit just disappears later.

If they're going to have another season then they should have dialed back simp Loki a bit. They could have retained his anti-hero rougish element by having him be tempted by Kang's proposal and the ultimate control/power he have. Maybe have him try to tempt Slyvie as well, making the offer of them ruling together but the danger of him betraying her also present. Then they fight for real as well as ideologically as she who cant trust & he who can't be trusted.

Instead the whole good guy loki approach just made Slyvie seem irrational, all for a kiss scene.

- I think the Kang performance was lacking. I don't read Marvel comics so I don't have any idea or context on who Kang is and how he is supposed to act. From what the show has given, he's an ancient & lonely scientist driven insane from eons of solitude plus some multiversal war PTSD. Ultimately he feels he's right in the harm he's done but is simply too tired to hold onto the reigns any longer.

But this performance.... Was just a very eccentric guy. Didn't pull off secretly old or traumatized at all. Only slightly pulled off crazy. Just eccentric mainly

being
xjowFul.png

How else is a narcissistic psychopathic genius suppose to act after probably an eternity of Isolation and scheming going insane ....

Some people choose to deliberately ignore cues and subtext clues. Like is Kang supposed to some lame broading Batfleck and be a carbon copy of Thanos? Lame.

Thano was on a mission.

Kang has already won. He conquered time and reality. He hold all the cards and believes he wins either way. Dude is cold as fukk and treated Loki like a joke. Either you do what he says or he brings out the boogeyman.

He acts a certain way because he's not a stereotypical villian.

Also…. And maybe niccas need to do like me and take a DEEPER dive on Kang.

In the Marvel comics…. There is just ONE KANG.

they all got different personalities and agendas. Many of them went to war against each other

The guy this show introduced isn’t the “Kang” everyone expected him to be. We still ain’t seen him yet but we no know he out there

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly

we saw the same moment from the perspective of the TVA in two different universes. Also another clue was B-15 had a busted lip in one scene and didn’t in the other. It’s heavily implied that there are multiple TVAs which means the TVA is not outside of the time stream

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So my opinion of this is going to be bused because I just don’t like Loki at all, watching him for 6 episodes was a chore because I legit want him to lose and but the end of the series I ended up hating sylive even more because she only wanted to kill and gave zero fukks about logic or the consequences. My man explained that this shyt is bigger then her petty grudge and all she could do was shrug her shoulders and say he was lying because she needs a reason to kill him.

My point is despite the good writing and production the unlikeble characters made me not enjoy this show as much as the others and the irony of it all is this is the show that gets a sequel, the one I like the least. Smh

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Exactly

we saw the same moment from the perspective of the TVA in two different universes. Also another clue was B-15 had a busted lip in one scene and didn’t in the other. It’s heavily implied that there are multiple TVAs which means the TVA is not outside of the time stream

or maybe the historic changes happened between the two scenes (as a result of the thing causing the branching and together with them)

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
or maybe the historic changes happened between the two scenes (as a result of the thing causing the branching and together with them)
The way that scene was shot makes me think that they wanted to the viewers to know that Loki was in a different universe. If history was changed, that shot of mobius and b-15 saying “there is no turning back now” makes no sense. Why show us that version of the TVA and then another version back to back observing the same moment.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The way that scene was shot makes me think that they wanted to the viewers to know that Loki was in a different universe. If history was changed, that shot of mobius and b-15 saying “there is no turning back now” makes no sense. Why show us that version of the TVA and then another version back to back observing the same moment.

to show that the changes were instantaneous

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to show that the changes were instantaneous
I think this explains it better than I can. They established clear rules of how changes in time effect the past present and future. It’s gotta be a completely different TVA or they are contradicting themselves all over the place. And this show is too thoughtful to do that