Official Loki Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So how is doing a Winter Soldier without a Red Skull not a fakeout? Scarlet Witch and Agent 13 played a major part in that comic story but not in the movie.

It’s just a loose adaptation. Same with Civil War and the secret identities. Extremis and Iron Man 3.

Marvel isn’t out to simply adapt story arcs like it’s some Hunger Games YA novel. Easter Eggs like Throgg or the Living Tribunal don’t always link up in a linear way.

That loose adaptation shyt doesn't work now since Disney owns everything.

There's zero reason not to do comic perfect (or as close as possible) adaptations.

The excuse before was "well, we gotta work around characters and events since we don't own them."

They own the X-Men and still threw in that Ralph Boener nonsense.

Fred.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

There's zero reason not to do comic perfect (or as close as possible) adaptations.

The excuse before was "well, we gotta work around characters and events since we don't own them."

Fred.
Because they want to save X-Men entrance for the Avengers. They weren't gonna insert them in day one.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Fred.
Dude. There are 50 plus years of stories missing.

Secret identities don’t exist in the MCU the way they do in the comics. You can’t do an actual Civil War.

We killing Peter to get Miles? We doing an Ultimatum?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
jonathan was pretty damn good in this role as He Who Remains

we'll see his FULL acting range within all of phase 4 since he has to play different variants of himself.

Im thinking we'll see his more aggressive/unhinged side when he plays the Kang (kinda like when he spazzed on the uncle in Lovecraft Country)

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

nikka watching all this go down from the sanctorum and just getting stressed

GettyImages-1228988128-1-784x523.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This finale was damn near perfect to me. I wish they played on the concept of stability versus chaos more.

Immortus; fukk it imma call him Immortus; maintained everything to have a stable albeit authoritarian multiverse. It would've made "you" the viewer question whether or not he is right. It's a large part of the reason Thanos worked. His methods were insane, but he wasn't exactly wrong. Those are always the best villains.

Why do you think the TVA had him locked up/imprisoned?

He was the head of the TVA, that's why Sylvie ultimately killed him. That's why Ms. Minutes was trying to cut a deal on his behalf.

because variations of himself created all of those branches. He was the last one. His imprisonment enabled them to clip all the branches, and keep shyt stable.

But I could be wrong. Imortous in the comics was a Kang variant that worked with the time keepers to keep shyt stable. Marvel doesn’t follow the comics to the t so I’m just speculating.

I just find it odd that he picked those two Loki’s in particular. And he led them a moment in time that he never been to. And then seemingly wanting to be killed. He knew what would happen, but didn’t try to stop it.