Official Loki Thread

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Aight yall, yall know better than me but how exactly did Wanda/Scarlett Witch mess up the TL that Dr Strange has to fix?

And also, was the TVA ever mentioned or reference in the MCU film universe prior to the Loki series?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
nikka watching all this go down from the sanctorum and just getting stressed

GettyImages-1228988128-1-784x523.jpg
ironically this is also how the haters are going to be lookin over the next 15 years trying to find reasons to disparage the empire :mjlol:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
because variations of himself created all of those branches. He was the last one. His imprisonment enabled them to clip all the branches, and keep shyt stable.

But I could be wrong. Imortous in the comics was a Kang variant that worked with the time keepers to keep shyt stable. Marvel doesn’t follow the comics to the t so I’m just speculating.

I just find it odd that he picked those two Loki’s in particular. And he led them a moment in time that he never been to. And then seemingly wanting to be killed. He knew what would happen, but didn’t try to stop it.

How i took it was, he ultimately came into conflict with his variants. Think back to the whole self-congratulatory spiel he said they all had for each other initially. Eventually they came into conflict because of their differening motivations and the ultimate mundaneness of knowing everything AND being virtually immortal.

After dealing with the initial variants who attempted to conquer everything, he knew his core motivation and principles at the very essence of who he is through every multiverse variation of him would inevitably lead to conflict. At his core, he's seemingly a narcissist. Also knowing he has genius level intellect and access to 31st century technology, it always would lead to him being evil.

In order to control that conflict, he established the TVA to eliminate that threat, no matter how miniscule the initial "branch" appeared to be.

Think of it like an addict, no matter how perfect their life is, if you put them in front of a drink or a drug of choice, they inevitably will show their horrible traits. Immortus is pruning the timeline before any of that can happen. Or he was doing that before the Loki's made it to his castle.

I don't think he was specifically looking for them, it was just Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-esque and they happened to have the golden ticket. They just happened to make it through all of the challenges like a flea on the back of a dragon.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Aight yall, yall know better than me but how exactly did Wanda/Scarlett Witch mess up the TL that Dr Strange has to fix?

And also, was the TVA ever mentioned or reference in the MCU film universe prior to the Loki series?

Wanda didnt do anything.....YET....:sas2: we have to see what happens in doc strange 2... the multiverse isnt her fault....:manny:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'm just so :wow:

Fukk all the marvel doubters who said endgame was the peak
this is how franchises evolve
Every franchise needs to take fukken notes right now
my god :damn:

Since Kang is black…

Does that mean we’re getting a black Reed Richards:lupe:
definitely especially if they do the reed Richards talks to multiple versions of himself
we could get a black and white fantastic four

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
That loose adaptation shyt doesn't work now since Disney owns everything.

There's zero reason not to do comic perfect (or as close as possible) adaptations.

The excuse before was "well, we gotta work around characters and events since we don't own them."

They own the X-Men and still threw in that Ralph Boener nonsense.

Fred.
There's all the reason to avoid a comic-perfect adaptation if they can write a better story. Which the Marvel Studio writers usually do. You wanna compare the stupid ass Infinity War comic plot to Infinity War+Endgame's perfectly executed plot?

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There's all the reason to avoid a comic-perfect adaptation if they can write a better story. Which the Marvel Studio writers usually do. You wanna compare the stupid ass Infinity War comic plot to Infinity War+Endgame's perfectly executed plot?

We've seen it before source material perfect adaptations do not translate well to live-action.

I was a MCU-denier at first, and I love Marvel comics. I'm ok with creative liberties if they make sense. I'm ok with 85% of what the MCU has done.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
How i took it was, he ultimately came into conflict with his variants. Think back to the whole self-congratulatory spiel he said they all had for each other initially. Eventually they came into conflict because of their differening motivations and the ultimate mundaneness of knowing everything AND being virtually immortal.

After dealing with the initial variants who attempted to conquer everything, he knew his core motivation and principles at the very essence of who he is through every multiverse variation of him would inevitably lead to conflict. At his core, he's seemingly a narcissist. Also knowing he has genius level intellect and access to 31st century technology, it always would lead to him being evil.

In order to control that conflict, he established the TVA to eliminate that threat, no matter how miniscule the initial "branch" appeared to be.

Think of it like an addict, no matter how perfect their life is, if you put them in front of a drink or a drug of choice, they inevitably will show their horrible traits. Immortus is pruning the timeline before any of that can happen. Or he was doing that before the Loki's made it to his castle.

I don't think he was specifically looking for them, it was just Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-esque and they happened to have the golden ticket. They just happened to make it through all of the challenges like a flea on the back of a dragon.

theres still unanswered questions.

1. that judge was a teacher in 2018. She was under the impression she was with the TVA for way longer.

2. why did she leave? Did she have something to do with the TVA changing at the end? The TVA isn’t part of a timeline, but when Loki went back they didn’t remember him.

So I think Kang was locked in the void, and manipulated the TVA via miss minutes to get him out. He even said things needed to play out a certain way and run it’s course. And Loki said they “freed” the timeline. But in reality they freed Kang as well. And he also said, once the timelines are opened, he would be reborn in a new timeline anyway. He was trapped there.

there also seems to be rules. Just like Silvey figured out the TVA couldn’t detect her if she went to apocalypse events. So….

Maybe Kang figured out that if he’s killed at a specific point in time by a specific variant, things would be reset back to the multiverse of war before it was saved. And thus he knew he would be reincarnated.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

You have to use time travel logic. Loki takes place before WandaVision. Loki takes place in Phase 1. The sacred timeline was already laid out by this Kang. Imagine it as a bonsai tree. You prune and curate that tree. But just because you prune one branch on on the bonsai this year, next year there will be a totally new branch trying to grow that needs to be pruned.

The events of WandaVision have probably been pruned multiple times. Wanda has probably been pruned multiple times on the sacred timeline, before she had a chance to realize her true potential, and her variants consumed by Alioth. WandaVision is happening after the pruning has stopped.