Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
If you just looked at the stats this season and didn't watch Cardinals games, you would think they are a top offense but it's far from the truth. The offense has no flow, no cohesion. Still one of the top penalty teams in the league. No discipline. The gameplan falls apart late in games especially. It all comes down to coaching.

A healthy Kyler running in the 1st half the season helped hide the flaws. The team hasn't looked the same since he got hurt in the 2nd Seattle game.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
If you just looked at the stats this season and didn't watch Cardinals games, you would think they are a top offense but it's far from the truth. The offense has no flow, no cohesion. Still one of the top penalty teams in the league. No discipline. The gameplan falls apart late in games especially. It all comes down to coaching.

A healthy Kyler running in the 1st half the season helped hide the flaws. The team hasn't looked the same since he got hurt in the 2nd Seattle game.
I disagree. The offense started looking rough against Buffalo with backup dbs. They couldnt put together one drive in the 4th before the Hail Murray.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Kyler looked closer to his old self in the Giants game. Attacking with his legs and his arms while avoiding big hits. Playcalling in the redzone could have been better. The team should have had more touchdowns, but overall good game on offense and defense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad they won, but 2 tds in 6 red zone trips @MooseMouthMthafuga

Kliff has got to be better with the Eagles, 49ers and Rams Dline's left on the schedule.

Weird game.Offense looked sloppy....Kyler's passing continues to fall off...Yet they had 400 yds of offense against the hottest defense in the league.

This team is so frustrating to watch.Even wins don't instill confidence in me.Kliff's so timid.Offense hardly ever has a consistent flow.Just funky, quirky,

clunky, ill timed gadget plays that sabotage their own momentum.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Weird game.Offense looked sloppy....Kyler's passing continues to fall off...Yet they had 400 yds of offense against the hottest defense in the league.

This team is so frustrating to watch.Even wins don't instill confidence in me.Kliff's so timid.Offense hardly ever has a consistent flow.Just funky, quirky,

clunky, ill timed gadget plays that sabotage their own momentum.
I thought his passing was ok. To me the big difference is they moved Hopkins around more.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought his passing was ok. To me the big difference is they moved Hopkins around more.

His anticipation is off.Throwing the ball late & inaccurate.I think his passing has regressed this year.It's the NFL.They've adjusted to him and now he has to counter.

This offense is weird.They leave a bunch of points on the field because they waste a down on every possession with bad play calling.On top of Kyler struggling to see

the field right now.Too many 25 completions for 200 yd games.Kliff's play designs are at fault, also.The receiver corps outside of D Hop's pretty mediocre.Which is bad

for a guy like Kyler because he's having a hard time threading the needle or throwing guys open.Like I said, no anticipation on his part.If you're not seemingly wide open,

he's not throwing it to you.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
His anticipation is off.Throwing the ball late & inaccurate.I think his passing has regressed this year.It's the NFL.They've adjusted to him and now he has to counter.

This offense is weird.They leave a bunch of points on the field because they waste a down on every possession with bad play calling.On top of Kyler struggling to see

the field right now.Too many 25 completions for 200 yd games.Kliff's play designs are at fault, also.The receiver corps outside of D Hop's pretty mediocre.Which is bad

for a guy like Kyler because he's having a hard time threading the needle or throwing guys open.Like I said, no anticipation on his part.If you're not seemingly wide open,

he's not throwing it to you.
I was just talking about that game. I didnt see too many inaccurate throws. Rams/Patriots games I agree. Agree about not throwing guys open + too many 25 completion 200 yard games. I think the issue is they want to limit the 3 and outs/ stalled drives so the play calling/philosophy is dink and dunk. There is an article about that. I also think Kyler is hesitant to thread the needle in fear of an interception. I think he should thread it to guys like Hopkins/Fitz/Arnold with great catch radius. Its the Kirks and Isabella he's gotta be precise with.