Official Justified Thread: Season 6 starts Jan 20.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Man I been watching this show since the premiere, I'm a huge fan....but it pains me to admit this finale, and the entire season, was kinda wack. :to:

When these writers are focused they're some of the best....especially when it comes to creating characters, character moments in general, and dialogue....but this season wasn't focused. They tried to have a bunch of story lines developing at the same time, like "Game of Thrones" or "The Wire", and it just doesn't fit this show.

So many pointless scenes and story threads that led nowhere. What was the point of Ava taking over the dope game in prison, if she was just gonna get out to snitch on Boyd anyway? She had ample reason to snitch when Boyd couldn't get her out, couldn't protect her, and she was getting jumped. That whole arc was like :lupe: "what can we do with Ava?". Nobody cares about Ava. I was telling one of my boys this would be like if they had a season long subplot about Marie on "Breaking Bad". Nobody cares about that shyt man.

What was the point of that whole heroin/cartel shyt with Boyd? The whole thing was like :wtf:

And the way it was resolved made no sense either. 3 cartel goons get murked....ok the cartel would keep coming until Boyd is dead. Hell, the cartel would've killed him off top just for losing half the shipment to Raylan. Maybe that will extend into next season but Boyd seemed pretty :manny: about it.

Lastly why does Raylan suddenly have a vendetta against Boyd? Did I miss something? I understood him using the file against him when he was trying to catch Darryl, but that's resolved, why would he be all :youngsabo:"that's all you had to say" when they said they're taking out Boyd?

I dunno. I'm mad disappointed.

Fred.
Have u come to terms with the fact that BB's last season was overrated trash? :mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Have u come to terms with the fact that BB's last season was overrated trash? :mjpls:

Nah. Are you drunk? That was never even entertained as a serious opinion to "come to terms" with. That's like making a thread talking about "are we ready to admit The Godfather 2 was over rated trash"? shyt is border line trolling. :what:

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man I been watching this show since the premiere, I'm a huge fan....but it pains me to admit this finale, and the entire season, was kinda wack. :to:

When these writers are focused they're some of the best....especially when it comes to creating characters, character moments in general, and dialogue....but this season wasn't focused. They tried to have a bunch of story lines developing at the same time, like "Game of Thrones" or "The Wire", and it just doesn't fit this show.

So many pointless scenes and story threads that led nowhere. What was the point of Ava taking over the dope game in prison, if she was just gonna get out to snitch on Boyd anyway? She had ample reason to snitch when Boyd couldn't get her out, couldn't protect her, and she was getting jumped. That whole arc was like :lupe: "what can we do with Ava?". Nobody cares about Ava. I was telling one of my boys this would be like if they had a season long subplot about Marie on "Breaking Bad". Nobody cares about that shyt man.

What was the point of that whole heroin/cartel shyt with Boyd? The whole thing was like :wtf:

And the way it was resolved made no sense either. 3 cartel goons get murked....ok the cartel would keep coming until Boyd is dead. Hell, the cartel would've killed him off top just for losing half the shipment to Raylan. Maybe that will extend into next season but Boyd seemed pretty :manny: about it.

Lastly why does Raylan suddenly have a vendetta against Boyd? Did I miss something? I understood him using the file against him when he was trying to catch Darryl, but that's resolved, why would he be all :youngsabo:"that's all you had to say" when they said they're taking out Boyd?

Fred.

My Justified breh, I think because they basically wrote season 5 and 6 as one long story, 5 will look better when 6 comes out. I'm not an advocate of the way they did it but it seems to be the case

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, overall this wasn't the best season of Justified, but the finale did get me excited for next season with the showdown between Boyd and Raylan.

I liked the fact that Wendy finally came to her senses and did what was best for her son, Raylan delivering that ether as Darly Crowe bled out :banderas:

Boyd trying to get those Cartel goons to turn with images of Vegas, they hit him with we been to Vegas like 6 or 7 times :comeon:

Pours out some Mags Bennett moonshine for Jimmy, even tied up he tried to warn Boyd :salute:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My Justified breh, I think because they basically wrote season 5 and 6 as one long story, 5 will look better when 6 comes out. I'm not an advocate of the way they did it but it seems to be the case

Maybe, like I said if certain shyt like the cartel being swept under the rug is explained or resolved next year, then this will look a lot better. But they left a lot on the table in the mean time, and this season as a standalone is easily the weakest IMO.

Fred.

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Nah. Are you drunk? That was never even entertained as a serious opinion to "come to terms" with. That's like making a thread talking about "are we ready to admit The Godfather 2 was over rated trash"? shyt is border line trolling. :what:

Fred.

Still in denial I guess :leostare:

I do agree that this season of Justified was subpar. How is Boyd and Duffy out in the open when the Cartel want blood. Boyd would never even think Ava would snitch, that bish gobe be his downfall. Fukk Raylan. Bish azz

cook

Banned
Daps

Fred.

i called it awhile ago...

where does everyone rank this season? i think its fallen off a little...cant really put my finger on it but the stakes seem to be a little lower than previous seasons and rapaport has been disappointing. i still enjoy the show but it seems to have taken a minor step back. hopefully things ramp up a little on the back end of the season

this season was lame for the most part. some good scenes here and there but not quite the quality we're used to from this show. the crowes were wack and they pulled down boyd's storyline down with them. ava's storyline was totally uninteresting. it seems like they figured out what they wanted to do with the final season and this whole season was about getting us to that point but the journey along the way was just forgettable. i agree with fred that i dont understand what turned rayland against boyd. they might not have been friends but they were always doing dirt together and now all of a sudden rayland is ready to forget about moving to FL for his child and girl just to catch boyd :dahell: if he wanted to lock boyd up he could have done it a long time ago

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Maybe, like I said if certain shyt like the cartel being swept under the rug is explained or resolved next year, then this will look a lot better. But they left a lot on the table in the mean time, and this season as a standalone is easily the weakest IMO.

Fred.

Oh yeah I agree with it being the weakest. When the season ended my first thought was "I can't wait till next season" because the build up for that was better than the entirety of this season. This almost seemed like a season built on moving every chess piece into their right places so that season 6 can be in full effect. I don't like the storytelling method to that at all but if that's what they do that's what they do. I still watched it every week and will still cop it on blu ray when it drops in December

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Ava shyt dragged this season down but for the rest it was very good. It didn't make sense to me either they acted like the cartel would back off over a couple of dead goons but who knows what'll happen. More importantly:

"Didn't I tell ya, you were going to wish I killed ya? Well, don't cha?"

That line might've beat the one where Raylan threw the bullet at Wynn and told him the next one would be coming faster as the coldest shyt Raylan has ever said. :ohlawd:

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis

Fred.

The scene right before the season finale in the station, in front of his colleagues "I know there's a page just waiting to be filled out on your role in the death of Nicky Augustine"

That gives Raylan a reason to want to Boyd away, even if his colleagues had his back just making that statement in front of everyone was stupid on his part. Plus he's just sick of all the Bullshyt that is Boyd Crowder, everyone that gets close to him dies... Ava will die! Boyd will find out that Ava is working with the Marshals and he will kill her.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The scene right before the season finale in the station, in front of his colleagues "I know there's a page just waiting to be filled out on your role in the death of Nicky Augustine".

Yeah but the only reason Boyd said that was because Raylan pulled out the file to begin with. It's not as if Boyd had a reason to mention that, or care either way, had Raylan not started the pissing contest first.

And Raylan was effectively gone in the last episode. He was going to Florida. Obviously Boyd has no way of knowing that, but neither of these guys had to ever see each other again.

It was like the writers knew the final season should be Raylan vs Boyd, so they wrote towards that instead of having it happen naturally.

Fred.

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
The Ava shyt dragged this season down but for the rest it was very good. It didn't make sense to me either they acted like the cartel would back off over a couple of dead goons but who knows what'll happen. More importantly:

"Didn't I tell ya, you were going to wish I killed ya? Well, don't cha?"

That line might've beat the one where Raylan threw the bullet at Wynn and told him the next one would be coming faster as the coldest shyt Raylan has ever said. :ohlawd:
That line was corny. That dude Boyd thru a behind the back pass to kill a goon.
basketball-animated-gif-sports-gifs-giphy-1390782860g8n4k.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i called it awhile ago...

this season was lame for the most part. some good scenes here and there but not quite the quality we're used to from this show. the crowes were wack and they pulled down boyd's storyline down with them. ava's storyline was totally uninteresting. it seems like they figured out what they wanted to do with the final season and this whole season was about getting us to that point but the journey along the way was just forgettable. i agree with fred that i dont understand what turned rayland against boyd. they might not have been friends but they were always doing dirt together and now all of a sudden rayland is ready to forget about moving to FL for his child and girl just to catch boyd :dahell: if he wanted to lock boyd up he could have done it a long time ago

Yeah I do remember quoting you and telling you :whoa: "chill, let's see how it all ties together" but they never tied it together.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
going on what fred says..season 2 was the most focused and its still the best.

season 6 has the potential though.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
. i agree with fred that i dont understand what turned rayland against boyd. they might not have been friends but they were always doing dirt together and now all of a sudden rayland is ready to forget about moving to FL for his child and girl just to catch boyd :dahell: if he wanted to lock boyd up he could have done it a long time ago
Well lets not forget, even tho they never addressed it, it was Boyd who let Nicky Augestine know where Rayland's pregnant wife was so that she could be killed/used to lure Rayland.