Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
A LOT man...you've missed an entire generation of comics. Snyder's recent run on batman, how the joker has changed over the years, the ultimate universe and how it informs so much of the marvel movies, the ups and downs of superman, green lantern becoming an important character, aquaman becoming less of a joke and more of a bad ass, wonder woman's evolution, the many, many, trials and tribulations they've put spider man through. crisis on infinite earths, new 52, secret invasion, civil war, schism, Whedon's x-men run, x-men 2000...man the list goes on and on

just because i'm not up on the newer stories and interpretations, doesn't mean i don't understand the characters. would you tell an old timer he doesn't understand bond because he hasn't seen anything past roger moore?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just because i'm not up on the newer stories and interpretations, doesn't mean i don't understand the characters. would you tell an old timer he doesn't understand bond because he hasn't seen anything past roger moore?

Yes lol. Yes I would. I'd explain to said old timer that Bond, much like these comic book characters, changes with the time. Moore's Bond is very different from Dalton's Bond who's very different from Brosnan's Bond who's very different from Craig's. Characters are reinterpreted and reshuffled through the lens of time and also the person writing him or playing him.

When a Bond producer says that James Bond's character is dependent on two things: the actor playing him and the time in which he's playing him, then that old timer isn't equipped to tell me he fully understands the character if he stopped watching in 1985. If you're telling me you fully understand these characters but missed out on two decades of character work, that's huge man.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yes lol. Yes I would. I'd explain to said old timer that Bond, much like these comic book characters, changes with the time. Moore's Bond is very different from Dalton's Bond who's very different from Brosnan's Bond who's very different from Craig's. Characters are reinterpreted and reshuffled through the lens of time and also the person writing him or playing him.

When a Bond producer says that James Bond's character is dependent on two things: the actor playing him and the time in which he's playing him, then that old timer isn't equipped to tell me he fully understands the character if he stopped watching in 1985. If you're telling me you fully understand these characters but missed out on two decades of character work, that's huge man.

is superman still saving the word in a red cape? is batman still saving gotham from criminals?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
is superman still saving the word in a red cape? is batman still saving gotham from criminals?

You ask these questions as if that's all that defines their characters homie. Don't be silly :russ:

Let's take batman for instance. If you haven't opened a batman book in the past 5 years or so, then you've missed out on court of owls, death of the family, and zero year just to name a few. How those arcs affected bruce wayne and batman while informing his character and the characters around him is crucial into understanding parts about the character that maybe weren't explored in the 90s. If I hadn't picked up a spider man book since the 90s, then I'd have no clue that he and MJ aren't married anymore and what that's done to both of them psychologically and how they've coped. Nor would I be overjoyed when it seems the two of them are possibly getting back together. Or I wouldn't understand why it was such a big deal when the green goblin came back into the spider man books after being the chief villain of the Marvel U for a period of time. I wouldn't understand why it's cool that flash Thompson is now Venom rather than Eddie Brock or even know why Brock not being Venom was actually good for his character in helping him evolve and grow.

Nothing stays stagnant and the characters who do usually get thrown to the bushes.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Late pass I just seen the trailer, flash gonna be hilarious:russ:

No supes :blessed:

Cyborg look kinda janky tho

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
How do you post YouTube videos from your mobile?

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I would have seen it first day, but the trailers gave away the whole movie. Plus, why are Ironman and Captain America fighting in the first place? It makes no sense. You're telling me a dude who could beat the Hulk is gonna have trouble fighting a dude like Captain America? Nah, fam:francis:
You back on the film review tip breh? :ehh:

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Didn't like the trailer I think Ben Affleck is wack. He shouldn't be coming at these other humans at Bruce. I hope they keep superman and any indicator of the villain under wraps. I won't watch anymore trailers anyway. DC better get this right.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Didn't like the trailer I think Ben Affleck is wack. He shouldn't be coming at these other humans at Bruce. I hope they keep superman and any indicator of the villain under wraps. I won't watch anymore trailers anyway. DC better get this right.

*sigh* once again for you hearing impaired motherfukkas

this was NOT a trailer.. was a TEASER. do you know what a TEASER IS ?? should i get you a dictionary definition ??

movie is NOT FINISHED filming yet.. some of what you saw might not even make the movie

this footage was for the comic con event at Hall H... how hard is it to grasp ??

unless you're either that dense or trolling on purpose..

aight im done here

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
*sigh* once again for you hearing impaired motherfukkas

this was NOT a trailer.. was a TEASER. do you know what a TEASER IS ?? should i get you a dictionary definition ??

movie is NOT FINISHED filming yet.. some of what you saw might not even make the movie

this footage was for the comic con event at Hall H... how hard is it to grasp ??

unless you're either that dense or trolling on purpose..

aight im done here
:what: Teaser or not I don't like Ben Affleck. I know ppl like this version I don't care much for it. I still hope they keep everything under wraps. This isn't gonna change my opinion of what I saw. I hope the movie is good nikka

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You ask these questions as if that's all that defines their characters homie. Don't be silly :russ:

Let's take batman for instance. If you haven't opened a batman book in the past 5 years or so, then you've missed out on court of owls, death of the family, and zero year just to name a few. How those arcs affected bruce wayne and batman while informing his character and the characters around him is crucial into understanding parts about the character that maybe weren't explored in the 90s. If I hadn't picked up a spider man book since the 90s, then I'd have no clue that he and MJ aren't married anymore and what that's done to both of them psychologically and how they've coped. Nor would I be overjoyed when it seems the two of them are possibly getting back together. Or I wouldn't understand why it was such a big deal when the green goblin came back into the spider man books after being the chief villain of the Marvel U for a period of time. I wouldn't understand why it's cool that flash Thompson is now Venom rather than Eddie Brock or even know why Brock not being Venom was actually good for his character in helping him evolve and grow.

Nothing stays stagnant and the characters who do usually get thrown to the bushes.
Who are you talking to, breh?:dwillhuh: