Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
DC has the better heroes/villains, the stories and has every character at their disposal this is a tremendous waste and part of the reason for this is Nolan for recommending the trash that is Zack Snyder.

Please call

Del Toro
Villeneuve
Doug Liman ( he could be decent for Flash. See Edge of Tomorrow. Nothing major like JL)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Imagine if they had did the following

-Man of Steel
-Batman solo..soft into with Lex and Bruce after end of Man of Steel with a real Lex. Ease in Superman on how Bruce shouldn't trust Lex.
-Man of Steel 2 with Braniac.
-Wonder Woman Solo
-Green Lantern solo. Introduce the Corps as well
- Aquaman solo.
- Martin Man Hunter solo.
- Flash solo

Could slide Guardian in there at some point.

Then Justice League.

After that you could do
- Suicide Squad (proper one)
-Teen Titans
- Cyborg
- Lobo ( ala Deadpool). Would have been a good way to have a tongue in cheek flick to break the mold of seriousness.
- Death of Superman with a proper Doomsday.

But nah....that's asking too much.

1. Man Of Steel (1/3 on Krypton and the rest a legit origins movie.) batman after credits scene
2. The Batman (doesn't have to be an origins movie, but the main villain should be attached to Lex Luthor via funding etc.) wonder woman after credits scene.
3. Wonder Woman
4. Man Of Steel 2 (Zod is the main villain. He doesn't die at the end, he simply gets the Red Skull treatment) batman after credits scene
5. Batman vs. Superman (you already have Wonder Woman established) Darkseid after credits scene
6. Aquaman
7. Suicide Squad
9. JL

You know, as i'm writing this I realized that Batman is only meant to be a solo character in live action movies. It works in the cartoons but not in movies.....

This caveat alone, is why the DCEU story arc isn't really feasible. They would have to reimagine the character all together.

They're best bet would've been to simply pair up characters and say fukk trying to bring them all together.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
1. Man Of Steel (1/3 on Krypton and the rest a legit origins movie.) batman after credits scene
2. The Batman (doesn't have to be an origins movie, but the main villain should be attached to Lex Luthor via funding etc.) wonder woman after credits scene.
3. Wonder Woman
4. Man Of Steel 2 (Zod is the main villain. He doesn't die at the end, he simply gets the Red Skull treatment) batman after credits scene
5. Batman vs. Superman (you already have Wonder Woman established) Darkseid after credits scene
6. Aquaman
7. Suicide Squad
9. JL

You know, as i'm writing this I realized that Batman is only meant to be a solo character in live action movies. It works in the cartoons but not in movies.....

This caveat alone, is why the DCEU story arc isn't really feasible. They would have to reimagine the character all together.

They're best bet would've been to simply pair up characters and say fukk trying to bring them all together.

It can work but you have to have exceptional writing on this.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Imagine if they had did the following

-Man of Steel
-Batman solo..soft intro with Lex and Bruce after end of Man of Steel with a real Lex. Ease in Superman on how Bruce shouldn't trust Lex.
-Man of Steel 2 with Braniac.
-Wonder Woman Solo
-Green Lantern solo. Introduce the Corps as well
- Aquaman solo.
- Martin Man Hunter solo.
- Flash solo

Could slide Guardian in there at some point.

Then Justice League.

After that you could do
- Suicide Squad (proper one)
-Teen Titans
- Cyborg
- Lobo ( ala Deadpool). Would have been a good way to have a tongue in cheek flick to break the mold of seriousness.
- Death of Superman with a proper Doomsday.

But nah....that's asking too much.
Wouldn't have mattered if all those movies were also meet with poor reviews and audience reception.

All the fantasy booking of the DCEU is hilarious. We see the problems with how this has come together - poor creative teams, executive meddling, ridiculous deadlines, overly reactionary studio decisions - and every fanboy's solution is "make more movies."

It's like WB is trying to put out a house fire and everyone is mad they're not using a mop. It's a helpful suggestion, but not for this particular problem.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Wouldn't have mattered if all those movies were also meet with poor reviews and audience reception.

All the fantasy booking of the DCEU is hilarious. We see the problems with how this has come together - poor creative teams, executive meddling, ridiculous deadlines, overly reactionary studio decisions - and every fanboy's solution is "make more movies."

It's like WB is trying to put out a house fire and everyone is mad they're not using a mop. It's a helpful suggestion, but not for this particular problem.

It's not make more movies to me it's that they needed a 10-year plan with their library. They have 80 years of material. They used the name of their stars to bring in money...except this shyt sucked.

They could have done anything but this bullshyt they did with a hack of a director and these halfassed movies and I would have been thrilled

reigun

Superstar
Daps
It's not make more movies to me it's that they needed a 10-year plan with their library. They have 80 years of material. They used the name of their stars to bring in money...except this shyt sucked.

They could have done anything but this bullshyt they did with a hack of a director and these halfassed movies and I would have been thrilled
Right. I'm just saying that your suggestion - which ultimately boils down to "do what Marvel did" - still assumes you're getting better quality films. What I'm saying is the issues run deeper than "not having a plan." A ten year plan is awesome with the right people. They're still looking for those people.

On paper, there's nothing wrong with the general plotline they followed. You give the same concepts to, say, Brad Bird or Spielberg (not saying they'd do it, just examples), and we're likely having a different conversation right now.

The suits in charge aren't sure what they want to do. The thought they had something in Man of Steel, that something was wildly rejected, and they've been overreacting to every bit of criticism since.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Right. I'm just saying that your suggestion - which ultimately boils down to "do what Marvel did" - still assumes you're getting better quality films. What I'm saying is the issues run deeper than "not having a plan." A ten year plan is awesome with the right people. They're still looking for those people.

On paper, there's nothing wrong with the general plotline they followed. You give the same concepts to, say, Brad Bird or Spielberg (not saying they'd do it, just examples), and we're likely having a different conversation right now.

The suits in charge aren't sure what they want to do. The thought they had something in Man of Steel, that something was wildly rejected, and they've been overreacting to every bit of criticism since.

Agree 100%. Look at prime example of Green Lantern.

Smack right dab in the middle of Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises which could have kick started SOMETHING but we all know how that turned out.

Studio shyt the bed but then Dark Knight Rises makes shyt ton and studio sleeps at the steering wheel cause Batman made it so much.

Neglect, bad executive vision and oversight is what led to this. But this seed was really planted in mid 2000's when Superman Returns bombed and they milked the Nolan shyt dry.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Agree 100%. Look at prime example of Green Lantern.

Smack right dab in the middle of Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises which could have kick started SOMETHING but we all know how that turned out.

Studio shyt the bed but then Dark Knight Rises makes shyt ton and studio sleeps at the steering wheel cause Batman made it so much.

Neglect, bad executive vision and oversight is what led to this. But this seed was really planted in mid 2000's when Superman Returns bombed and they milked the Nolan shyt dry.
On the plus, it seems like they're finally just falling back and letting the directors make movie. And the talent on the three in active production is pretty damn good.

I think they're waiting on Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2 before they make any more moves.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Disney has a better production and executive team that allows even an Ant-Man, Black Panther, GOTG make billions collectively...

WB has ruined the DC properties since firing Burton and Keaton (who had Scarecrow in mind for Batman 3 - Imagine a Burton Scarecrow???? Wheww). Batman Returns was deemed too dark and didn't make enough money, so they went camp and torpedoed the franchise...same with Superman Returns which was awful..

Death of Superman was also killed and would have changed the face of comic book films in my opinion, but I digress...

WB execs have always had weak hands in this game and it effects their productions...they have all the right tools, but no confidence and continuity in their products...

At least with MCU, we have a general feel and tone of their universe, DCCU is still finding its way.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I agree with most of you cats discussing this recently. WB/DC did fail trying to create something; the DCEU is a clusterfukk. But here's the thing, I'm invested in these characters because that's what matters to me. I can look past the flaws to appreciate the effort to try something different. It's fukked, but :manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

One thing youre leaving out is the existence of the M C U. Had the DCEU been launched and there was no Marvel, these movies would've probably made more money and got more praise.

The problem however, is everything DC puts out is being compared to Marvel. At this point even having the most iconic characters hasn't helped DC. Why? Because Marvel has turned their most obscure and unknown characters into household names. Iron Man and captain America are on the same pedestal as super man and Batman on the big screen. And in May ways have surpassed them.

Another advantage Marvel has is they took the position of having to use the least popular characters and marketed them into brand new characters. And it works because of the fact that most people didn't know who they were.

Batman on the other hand feels dated at times. And so does super man.

Wonder Woman worked because she was never on the big screen before. She was considered new and fresh. And when marketing to millinials, you don't want to put out something that feels old.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What did happen to that one poster that was the #1 DCEU fan/apoligist and hype man. Think his avatar had a white hip hop duo. Poor guy he must be slitting his wrists right now with marvel set to do 2 billion in a span of 2 months and change

Every comic book head watches all these movies ether Marvel or DC and probably read comics from both. This "stan" shyt is just something a few nerds on here are into :pachaha: